The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why couldn’t the whole season be as good as the last two episodes?

airplane-thats-what-they-expect.gif

And then there are those that want to kill your buzz:
LOL - ultimately there's too much good stuff for MY buzz to get beat down.

And I don't think they ate the 3 baby hawks, supposedly that was a cheeky shot of roasting those things that burned Greef Season 1. I guess the fire breathers taste like chicken.

Besides everything everyone else posted, hafta say IMO Mandolore visually was a fantastic use of color and aesthetics - scarred, but weirdly beautiful:clap. The churning skies, the glass shards, the ship, the survivor Mandalorians (this is when the nautical stuff worked IMO), the use of light on the surface and below, the ship details, the ominous red and black, Imperial ships hanging from the ceiling like bats. Awesome stuff. I wish I could have seen 7&8 in theater.

In hindsight I don't mind the slower episodes, tho, there was some stupid stuff. LOL it had me pretty bummed out for a while tho:horror, was afraid the series was headed for the full cheese cartoon fem based treatment. To be clear, am good with female led stuff. But the Mandalorian IMO was supposed to be - the Mandalorian. The hero in battered armor working a *&^% job.

Plus, when the Mythosaur eventually explodes from the deep, it's gonna be a lot better than Palp's ships where I was squinting and then going - wait a second, wouldn't you have dirt and grit in the engines, so everything would just seize up and crash? :monkey3 :stake

Oh I definitely separate these last two episodes from "Season 3," most of which was silly, lame, or shockingly bad.
I thought the Mines episode was good, Bo getting shaken out of her depression, and that creepy spider thing was the stuff of nightmares. And the whole IG thing with the Anzellans.

For sure there were misfires like the salad head pirate, Lizzo, running out of gas:lol, and the kid spending time in a bird gullet (which yeah, some birds store stuff to bring back to the nest) but he pops out with no goo or mix of mushy guts or other prey:stake:pfft:
and Grogu getting knighted for no reason at all.

Great season ender. Like Sweet Rabbit said, why can’t they all be as quality as this?

Would have loved for Gideon’s character to have been used more throughout. Seems like we never really got to know him.

And Djarin just needs to take the helmet off already. Jeez. You can’t properly relax on the deck without sippin‘ on a beer while watching your kid force squish frogs for fun.

Yeah all the episodes that take place on Mandalore were good.

I did chuckle at Paz's kid getting sworn in at the end of the finale though, I'm like have they really not learned their lesson about doing that in water that giant monsters live in, lol.

I thought the Mines episode was good, Bo getting shaken out of her depression, and that creepy spider thing was the stuff of nightmares. And the whole IG thing with the Anzellans.

For sure there were misfires like the salad head pirate, Lizzo, running out of gas:lol, and the kid spending time in a bird gullet (which yeah, some birds store stuff to bring back to the nest) but he pops out with no goo or mix of mushy guts or other prey:stake:pfft:
and Grogu getting knighted for no reason at all.
worst thing about the bird swallowing him (outside of how long he spent in there) is that birds do that because babies cant yet digest whole foods so the parents partially digest the food and vomit it to the young, so that kid really should have either been carried whole in the birds talons or vomited as partially digested pieces.

Yeah all the episodes that take place on Mandalore were good.

I did chuckle at Paz's kid getting sworn in at the end of the finale though, I'm like have they really not learned their lesson about doing that in water that giant monsters live in, lol.
Maybe they know the Mythosaur is a vegetarian. At least it will be until it gets a taste of Imperial flesh lol...

My god these people on FB are all in on this idea that the Gideon that died was a clone. [Doubt] I think there's one crucial element they're overlooking, though:

the more I think about it, the more evident it seems that this current iteration of "Mandalorian" is over. Gideon isnt a character worth bothering with further, because we are moving on from Din D'Jarin, at least until more time has passed. We are most likely to see Din next on the big screen.

Therefore we won't be seeing Gideon again for a while, is my guess. If ever. And thats fine with me, because imo he is not an interesting or compelling villain.

The question then becomes, I wonder if Grogu is going to pop over to the Ahsoka show? Because he's a big moneymaker for Disney, so not unlike Ahsoka herself I bet he ends up getting shoved in all over the place. But Grogu may be lying low for a bit as well. Scarcity can make the heart grow fonder. OR, it can kill interest - so Disney has some thinkin' to do.

worst thing about the bird swallowing him (outside of how long he spent in there) is that birds do that because babies cant yet digest whole foods so the parents partially digest the food and vomit it to the young, so that kid really should have either been carried whole in the birds talons or vomited as partially digested pieces.
For real, tho it's different organs, Mando spent a few seconds inside a dragon and he's covered in green slime (somehow managing to look awesome landing tho:rock)....

Look, if you are going to make regurgitation a thing, you gotta get it right. F&F totally failed in the slime department - and dunno why they got so particular when what was done to Din by the spider-thing was disgusting. The way the camera focused on the fluids in the tubes.:p

Then there were the S2 spiders splattering everywhere. It was no time to get Disney-dainty.:hammerhead:
But they saved the chicks, which still makes me happy.:lol

What's the difference?

The difference is that these ppl are expecting? to see like ten seasons of "Mandalorian" where Din fights clone after clone after clone of Moff Gideon. Which I regard as a stupid expectation. And an unrealistic one.

Im just keeping my mouth shut because this is a nonsensical argument anyways. Some SW blogger opens their yap and the masses accept anything they say as Gospel Truth. Yeah Im not that gullible.

There is also a sizeable contingent saying that that chick? who betrayed Dr Pershing is Omega from TBB. This is a frankly laughable assertation, for several different reasons that I wont belabor. Yet this is being treated with the seriousness of a midnight announcement from the angel Gabriel. It just shocks me how some dimwit opens their mouth on Youtube and everyone's WOW IT MUST BE TRUEEEEE

Last edited:
The difference is that these ppl are expecting? to see like ten seasons of "Mandalorian" where Din fights clone after clone after clone of Moff Gideon.

No, no... I mean, inevitably, Gideon will return... so does it matter if he was a clone in this show or if his clone returns later? Giancarlo still gets paid.

One of the things I find oddest in this fandom is the certainty that if something happens one time in one part of SW, that its now mandated that it will happen again and again and again. Just speaking in general here.

How about something new?

With that said I hear the irritable and ungrateful John Boyega is slated to appear again in the Rey film - after he swore up and down that he was DONE, so there you go. Just one trilogy of his screaming REEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every 5 min is not enough, evidently.

Back