The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But of course she's upset and depressed: her life was abruptly thrown off track. Her whole career choice got flushed.

She seems to care a little bit about Din, though. And she was kind to his child. She'll come around.

But of course she's upset and depressed: her life was abruptly thrown off track. Her whole career choice got flushed.

She seems to care a little bit about Din, though. And she was kind to his child. She'll come around.
I just wonder if that was the same day that Mando left Bo to go to Mandalore or does she just lie on her empty throne every day :unsure:

Bo has always been a force to be f ucking reckoned with from the very start of the Clone Wars era. She bears royalty blood, direct in line to Mandalore's throne, ex-highranking member of Death Watch , spearheading elite Nite Owls clan, extremely violent and cunning, kinda psychopathic in some degrees.

Pathetic Mando is no match for mighty Bo.

Bo has always been a force to be f ucking reckoned with from the very start of the Clone Wars era. She bears royalty blood, direct in line to Mandalore's throne, ex-highranking member of Death Watch , spearheading elite Nite Owls clan, extremely violent and cunning, kinda psychopathic in some degrees.

Pathetic Mando is no match for mighty Bo.
but people change..it’s part of nature to circumstances and I was worried she would’ve been a cast off character this season..glad Favreau teased us

It’s SW so there’s really no long term story telling but if one of those YouTube guys were to make a video on Bo’s 180 this episode, I think there’s enough focused shots of Katee’s facial expression changed during the episode to make a convincing video.

It’s almost like with each exposition she gave, it was her convincing herself why she needs to find the motivation to rule Mandalore again and they wrapped it up with a bow at the end.

It’s SW so there’s really no long term story telling but if one of those YouTube guys were to make a video on Bo’s 180 this episode, I think there’s enough focused shots of Katee’s facial expression changed during the episode to make a convincing video.

It’s almost like with each exposition she gave, it was her convincing herself why she needs to find the motivation to rule Mandalore again and they wrapped it up with a bow at the end.
even if she doesn’t go the ruler route..I like her being a companion to Din like Fennic to Boba ..I like how Dinn finally has a good female on his side since Cara and no Peli doesn’t count lol …Bo needs to be more involved

Grogu vocalizing is nice, I could see how frustrating was communication (or lack of) in the episode and thats what drives kids to talk... The eye monster was a crazy thing that pulled the episode more in a terror/ alien-like area but something had to bring Bo. Not a big fan of the stupid creatures that fight them or the flying alligators. But the Mythosaur promises one to many fun sequences. I liked to see a more active Grogu and Bo-Katan has just been bathed.... will she keep the helmet on? Something happened in that second Din recognized Bo's father sacrifice. Hard not to mention R5 and the Jawas, great folks, best Jawas I saw. Interesting to see droids with clearer feelings like fear, self-preservation, etc. I wait all week to watch this and BB with my 8 and 11 yo kids, that's paradise.

Grogu vocalizing is nice, I could see how frustrating was communication (or lack of) in the episode and thats what drives kids to talk... The eye monster was a crazy thing that pulled the episode more in a terror/ alien-like area but something had to bring Bo. Not a big fan of the stupid creatures that fight them or the flying alligators. But the Mythosaur promises one to many fun sequences. I liked to see a more active Grogu and Bo-Katan has just been bathed.... will she keep the helmet on? Something happened in that second Din recognized Bo's father sacrifice. Hard not to mention R5 and the Jawas, great folks, best Jawas I saw. Interesting to see droids with clearer feelings like fear, self-preservation, etc. I wait all week to watch this and BB with my 8 and 11 yo kids, that's paradise.
It’s weird how this was an episode that ended where it automatically will be part of the next episode ..I didn‘t see that coming at all…but I like how Favreau chose it to keep things fresh and entertain us fans

One more thing, I dont like how now, every. Last. Thing. has to be explained aloud to Grogu, so that we will all Make Sure We Got It.

"Behold, Grogu. First, we will go here and then we will go there. To do that, we will use these maps. Maps are important so that one is never lost. In all the history of the galaxy, only Mandalorians have this knowledge of not getting lost. Many will be the dangers along the way, but we will use this tool and that one to overcome. Be not afraid, for that is not the Mandalorian Way." etc etc ad nauseum SHUT UP MANDO

Grogu had best get with those Jedi Mind Tricks on the double. He'll be needing to shut Din up.

Rama's great big, itty-bitty completely ******** Episode 2 review:

[This contains a mix of good and bad, so bear with me] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I found the opening sequence VIOLENTLY annoying. Violently. This person really annoys me, the sound of their voice is triggering even. IS this person really as bad as Episode 1's Babu Frik squad? Just might be!

*Flippin', zippin' Grogu: come ON, man.

*Stunning visuals. Stunning. 💯The surface of the planet covered with green shards and plates of glass: stunning. The jetpack descents into the subterranean city: frickin' stunning. That horrible cyborg: not stunning, but most certainly memorable. WTF is that thing? We'll never know.

*Grogu actually does stuff these days. I am fine with that, as long as he's not flippin' and zippin'.

*Let's talk about Bo-Katan: the only real Mandalorian present in this episode. I SAID WHAT I SAID!!!! Bo is the real deal. THAT is a Mandalorian. Bo is not ******* around. She is wielding the Darksaber, which not even Din can do correctly. Bo: no problemo! Gimme that thing. She has her little shield, she is slicing, dicing and kicking ass. Bo has all my respect. Her ship is cool as ****. I look forward to the Hot Toys Deluxe version with the Darksaber, shield and throne. Make it happen, HT.

That is some for-real girl-power right there, and I am here for it. This is the wife for Din. I will accept no substitutes. Not only does Bo kick ass, she is smarter than Din the Himbo. He needs that. Get it, girl!

*So, we are down in the mines where evidently, we are hearing the Call of Cthulhu. *bemused* Okay!! I am down with that. Thank goodness for Bo! She is the only one doing any heavy thinking, evidently.

This week's tally:
Mandalorian episode 2: * * *
TBB "The Outpost": * * * * *
Totally agree. HATED the opening with Peli, the rest was good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did they though? I'm curious what they do now with the Mythosaur reveal. As Din definitely lost consciousness underwater (as evidenced by Bo-Katan's having to lug his inert body up to the surface), I'm thinking that only B-K actually saw it down there. Does she keep that info to herself for now? Somehow I don't see her doing a complete 180 and zooming off to (a) bear witness of its existence & Din's redemption to The Armorer and (b) swearing a newfound allegiance to the Children of the Watch. :lol
Maybe Grogu has a part to play here? One would think he could sense the Mythosaur's presence through the Force. A living creature that big should be setting off alarm bells in his little green head. Maybe he'll be like The Will's cat in Saga, and when B-K tells Din that there was nothing in the water Grogu's first spoken word will be

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 23-42-54 Lying Cat (Saga).png

Did they though? I'm curious what they do now with the Mythosaur reveal.

The last zoom-in shot to Bo’s helmet tells me she’ll eventually tame it and ride it into battle when she becomes the new Mandalore and reunites everybody.

Then probably gets revenge against Gideon/The Empire and then it’s back to Din and Grogu’s weekly adventures next season. Book it!

Back