The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine if they actually had the patience that Yoda had advised about. That they put out a call to every screenwriter and director in Hollywood to show them their ideas. If they actually wanted to tell an amazing story instead of just pushing one angry woman's political agenda.

Women *should* be angry. But that's another discussion.

Where I disagree is attributing any emotion at all to Kennedy. Had she been operating from a place of authentic emotion maybe that would have actually found its way into the product they served us. They made Star Wars beige.

You're right no shows other than oh wait Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Rangers of the New Republic that will all connect the OT to the ST, lol. Oh and the one feature film announcement (Rogue Squadron) that is supposedly being set after (and will no doubt acknowledge) the events of the ST. :lol

Plus the Lego Holiday Special that just came out a few weeks ago with Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren as the main characters. So yep, half a dozen shows and a movie that either feature or connect to the ST in one way or another. Some retcon. :)

None of those shows tie into the ST lmao.

They are all off of TCW or Mando.

Where is the Finn series? The Poe series?

A lego special is your only hope?

The Disney Trilogy was a failure from the moment they rushed production on the first movie without having a completed script or outline for three films. Their shortsighted greed and lust to recoup those billions ultimately cost them more in the end.

Imagine if they actually had the patience that Yoda had advised about. That they put out a call to every screenwriter and director in Hollywood to show them their ideas. If they actually wanted to tell an amazing story instead of just pushing one angry woman's political agenda.

If they had taken 4 or 5 years to develop the material and let someone like Favreau craft the story, we'd be living in an alternate universe where the main movies were the amazing works of art that made us cry and feel joy again, and the TV spin off was just the throwaway tie in cash grab.

Oh well. Too late now. It's a far far better thing to have this wonderful television show that was crafted with love and respect, than having nothing at all except those ugly soulless corporate products.

Exactly :clap

More desperation. Those shows are tied to TCW and The Mandalorian. Still waiting on any announcements or even cameos from ANY of the ST characters that everyone forgot about last December.

Yuuuup. There won?t be any announcements for the ST

We literally just got the ST Holiday Special that featured every single character "that everyone forgot about last December." :cuckoo:

Plus proto-Snoke just two seasons into Mando.

I'm not sure what "desperation" you're referring to, I'm content with the canon stories we have and have absolutely zero fears about any connections between the canon OT and the canon ST. I don't need TV shows that feature Rey, Poe, or Finn so them not barking up that tree makes no difference to me whatsoever. You're the one who's hanging by a thread and will drop into oblivion the moment the FO appears in Mando so don't speak to me of desperation. :wave

;)

There is no proto snoke lol

Just wait when they announce the ST is done.

The Disney Trilogy was a failure from the moment they rushed production on the first movie without having a completed script or outline for three films. Their shortsighted greed and lust to recoup those billions ultimately cost them more in the end.

If they had taken 4 or 5 years to develop the material and let someone like Favreau craft the story, we'd be living in an alternate universe where the main movies were the amazing works of art that made us cry and feel joy again, and the TV spin off was just the throwaway tie in cash grab.

Oh well. Too late now. It's a far far better thing to have this wonderful television show that was crafted with love and respect, than having nothing at all except those ugly soulless corporate products.

:clap

Where is the Finn series? The Poe series?

A lego special is your only hope?

:lol imagine clinging to this, so sad:(. Legos are great and all, love the sets but I doubt many people even know "shows" like The Yoda Chronicles even exist. What a pathetic fate for the forgotten characters of the ST.

This is a good ole boys club on a dying forum. I?m new here and you guys have been posting for years and years. I know nobody cares what I think due to a combination of being new, liking the PT, age gap, and pissing some off earlier in the year because I really did destroy their arguments. It?s why I stopped having ?real? conversations here. I already know there will be no replies or I?ll be mocked and unquoted right below my own reply.

For the record I tried to change this before you saw it.. It was kinda dickish statement.

But when you repeat yourself over and over.. Well its more sad then anything else. But other then that I usually have no issues with your posts.

The hugest. People will come up to me and say ?Ducky? you have the biggest and best ego. They?ll come from all around. Believe me. Very big.

Is that a trump impression.. It sounds like a trump impression. :lol

At least I read that and I hear his voice.

I read a bunch of novels and comics after the PT... then TCW. My Star Wars had a future then and now.

I pretty much hate the comics. They do nothing for me. I tried some of the TZ novels.. They were OK.. I liked the Thrawn character but I never got threw his 2nd book. Maybe I should give some of them another try.

Do they know his real name or is it still Baby Yoda to them?

Of course not :lol

True, but they still enjoyed it and are positively talking about it. That is important.

Perhaps the area I live in but most of the non hardcore fans I know liked the ST.. Even TLJ.. I was one of the few at work bitching about TFA and TLJ.. I work at a hospital and everyone knows I am a SW fan so I am always hearing the opinions of everyone about these films..

The bigger fans def have an opinion.. But I was one of the only that hated the first two SW films.

Most of the Hardcore fans that i know in my life are like me. Disliked TFA, hated TLJ and somehow like TROS. Go fig.

The casual fans just dont care. I doubt they even know Luke was in the episode :lol

I trust F and F not to screw up. They need to be running the franchise.

Luke and Grogu will both be back. 10000%. Next year I bet. Then they will get their own trilogy too. If not, their own series. If not that, heavily featured in Mando.

As a fan. I dont need it. But will welcome it if done well.

I said it before, but Sebastian Stan for Luke. If not, I think Disney could get the CGI down for a full movie

SS could pull it off... A CGI Luke.. Ummm Pass for me.

Why would they announce plans last week that would spoil the finale of Mando?

As far as ST retconning by Disney, lets start with TROS, then the various novels and comics.

It?s ironic you give that quote about toys and think the ST won?t be retconned. Disney loves merchandise. They can make more selling Baby Yoda toilet paper than selling Rey action figures.

:lol

You are defending the laziness of the designs of the ST as some sort of positive? hahahaha. Wow. This is a new low.

It was the OT that had the outfit changes, not the PT. So, I really have no idea why you are trying to bash outfit changes as some sort of negative. It makes a movie fresh, makes it as if these characters are really living their lives and we are progressing with them. Never had that with the ST.

And you are complaining about new ships? Really? Imagine that a galaxy with trillions of beings would have millions of different ships.

It gives each trilogy its own distinct feel. Its own distinct era and time. ST never had that, it is why it was such a failure.

ROTS had 100x the merchandise than TROS did because the PT was actually liked well enough to buy merchandise.

Its hard to listen to the rants against the PT and the sly/mocking comments when people want to stick it to Darth Ducky the Wise. Great name for me, my theories coke true and destroy arguments like a real Sith Lord destroy rebel scum:lecture

Imma need a source. I think they might cry if that happened, especially after their reactions to Boba Fett.

All those ideas lead to a dark dark path. Disney knows it. I know it. You know it. All roads lead to the ST and that is a bad bad thing. It is why it will be retconned.

Dude. Come on. The moment they bring in ST elements, this show dies. Disney knows this. It?s why they set it so far back and its why they have ZERO new stories post ST right now.

I think you PT haters/ST lovers need to get over yourselves. Going on 20 years and it is still the same story of whining about it. Meanwhile, y?all are up in arms any time a ST hater talks about a two year old movie that has direct implications on the future of the franchise.

Talking about hating the ST now is not the same as still talking about hate for PT now.

One is justified with concern for the future the other is an inability to get over it.

Thanks for yet another example for why the ST will be retconned. The casual fan. Those woman you work with would buy a ticket to see Baby Yoda. They didn?t do it for Rey, literally Disney?s target audience with her, and they failed. They didn?t do it for Rey. They don?t like Rey. They don?t like what was once supposed to be the future of the franchise.

Stories like that are why Disney will proceed with the retcon. The casual fan base is growing exponentially. You announce a new film at the end end of 2021/2022 after all the COVID stuff, with Luke and Baby Yoda, I?m talking 2 billion in ticket sales. Disney knows it. Their market research team knows it.

This dude is talking about an animated series for arguably one of the most important and well liked scenes in Star Wars history? A scene that everybody is positively talking about. And you think it is gonna be animated... just to protect the ST... Disney gonna leave BILLIONS on the table to protect the ST :lol:lol:lol

Maaaan, come on.

Damn ducky you killin em boy. Lol.

I can?t believe we are in the topic of the ST being a thing. Look at the mando and the new announced projects . All PT and OT inspired . No rey Disney plus show . No kylo ren or knight of ren show. No Poe show. It?s done. The fanbase is a very small minority of people that even the Snyder fanbase is bigger than . It?s failed . Move on. People thought Disney could do better than Lucas and once they failed they dragged there feet back to him and the stories he made.

It may not be retconned but it has failed and doesn?t sell

Ducky is absolutely right that Grogu will definitely not be Kylo Ren's victim. Meaning Disney will have to do something very uncomfortable. I'm just not sure how they are going to handle it. The little green dude can carry the water and the unlikable ST characters cannot. His species can live to be like a thousand years old and Grogu is only fifty:lol He could be the future of the franchise for a long time.

His species likes to go into hiding when the going gets tuff ;)

Its 20 plus years before Kylo turns.. No reason to think Grogu even needs Luke anymore.. Probably off on his own adventures. Soon to be seen on a Disney + station near you.

I agree with this. As much as I liked TROS.. I know it has issues and How much more could I have liked that film and the other two if they just slowed down and had a complete outline.

Damn ducky you killin em boy. Lol.

You still dizzy? :lol

You're right no shows other than oh wait Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Rangers of the New Republic that will all connect the OT to the ST, lol. Oh and the one feature film announcement (Rogue Squadron) that is supposedly being set after (and will no doubt acknowledge) the events of the ST. :lol

Plus the Lego Holiday Special that just came out a few weeks ago with Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren as the main characters. So yep, half a dozen shows and a movie that either feature or connect to the ST in one way or another. Some retcon. :)

Lol Ashoka is pt. Boba fett won?t touch the ST and o wow a lego holiday special nobody cares about. Soooooooo cool! Meanwhile Luke skywalker broke the internet and that little holiday special was barely noticed.

YES! And great shots to illustrate what to me was incredible poetry honoring the OT and Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, George agrees
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

Anyone for Chewbacca on Cara’s Republic Rangers series?

His species likes to go into hiding when the going gets tuff ;)

Its 20 plus years before Kylo turns.. No reason to think Grogu even needs Luke anymore.. Probably off on his own adventures. Soon to be seen on a Disney + station near you.

I agree with this. As much as I liked TROS.. I know it has issues and How much more could I have liked that film and the other two if they just slowed down and had a complete outline.

You still dizzy? :lol

I?m dizzy from all fumes from me cooking you ST fans all day lol. Nah but I am dizzy

:lol imagine clinging to this, so sad:(. Legos are great and all, love the sets but I doubt many people even know "shows" like The Yoda Chronicles even exist. What a pathetic fate for the forgotten characters of the ST.

I guess I am in the frame of mind that the ST was the finality of those characters..

I personally don't need anymore of those characters. It had an ending. The first Order is completely destroyed.. Where else can it go?

As for Lego.. Its aimed at the kids. So they must think that kids like those characters. IDK.

On a side note. In Chapter 15, anyone else notice that when Gideon walked up to Grogu in his cell, Grogu was laying in the same position as Leia was in a ANH when Luke walked in?

There is no proto snoke lol

Just wait when they announce the ST is done.

Well they Used the snoke theme during that shot.. AND Carl Weathers seemed to agree that was what was going on (I could be getting that wrong though)..

Most internet fan sites seem to think it was snoke.. There also seems to be minor references to the first order.. Not only in dialogue but in the dress of some of the Empire.

Then there is the fact that he looked like Snoke and we are dealing with clones and there is something out there they want to use the blood on..

Which they never get to so Palps has to keep trying so that fits the timeline.

Gotta let that hate go buddy :)

What are you talking about? I have an entire trilogy to "cling to" if I want to watch the ST characters in action.

Forgotten characters of the ST? That's nonsense. Everybody knows Kylo Ren, Rey, and BB-8. But good luck finding any random person on the street who can tell you what the title character's name of the Mandalorian is.

Regardless of what you think of the ST Disney is making no effort to run from it (Holiday Special easily proves it whether you like it or not) nor is there the slightest hint that they would even considering remaking Episodes "VII," "VIII," and IX." Which is the only way you'll ever get your retcon. Anything short of that will just come across as different stories set at different times and will always assume to end up linking to the ST.

Luke and Grogu will both be back. 10000%. Next year I bet. Then they will get their own trilogy too. If not, their own series. If not that, heavily featured in Mando.

The more I think about where this season left off, the more I believe the parts I put in bold will be the case. Beyond the money/buzz these two characters are generating, Luke's involvement in this story now almost makes it impossible not to go further with it.

When live-action Thrawn hits the scene, he's not going to be commanding some tiny insignificant faction. If so, what a complete waste. Instead, I expect his threat to be beyond legit. At that point, having Luke sit out that fight - and thus also having no Grogu during this phase - would be nuts.

A live-action semi adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy coming up? I wouldn't be surprised. Not using Luke in it now? That *would* surprise me.

And yeah, also money talks. Grogu is where the general audience money is. Luke is where the hardcore fan money is. So, is Disney just gonna sit on that combo and not use them as much as they can? Not likely, imo.

What are you talking about? I have an entire trilogy to "cling to" if I want to watch the ST characters in action.

Forgotten characters of the ST? That's nonsense. Everybody knows Kylo Ren, Rey, and BB-8. But good luck finding any random person on the street who can tell you what the title character's name of the Mandalorian is.

Regardless of what you think of the ST Disney is making no effort to run from it (Holiday Special easily proves it whether you like it or not) nor is there the slightest hint that they would even considering remaking Episodes "VII," "VIII," and IX." Which is the only way you'll ever get your retcon. Anything short of that will just come across as different stories set at different times and will always assume to end up linking to the ST.

Not gonna lie... I don't know Mando's full name.. I only started noticing it when it was getting mentioned here all the time with the Din / Grogu goodbye :lol

I suck at names though :lol

I know this.. If the ST gets retconed.. I know that I will still go on..

If they start sneaking little bits of ST stuff into the new shows there are going to be some members here who will have a major meltdown.

Either way one of us gets to say I told you but only one of the sides if they win will get to watch the show of grown men having temper tantrums :lol

The more I think about where this season left off, the more I believe the parts I put in bold will be the case. Beyond the money/buzz these two characters are generating, Luke's involvement in this story now almost makes it impossible not to go further with it.

When live-action Thrawn hits the scene, he's not going to be commanding some tiny insignificant faction. If so, what a complete waste. Instead, I expect his threat to be beyond legit. At that point, having Luke sit out that fight - and thus also having no Grogu during this phase - would be nuts.

A live-action semi adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy coming up? I wouldn't be surprised. Not using Luke in it now? That *would* surprise me.

And yeah, also money talks. Grogu is where the general audience money is. Luke is where the hardcore fan money is. So, is Disney just gonna sit on that combo and not use them as much as they can? Not likely, imo.

That gets me excited.. Not gonna lie.

Even if its done it does not mean its the obliteration of the ST... There is a lot of time between the two.

Now.. I guess its possible that Disney just ignores the ST.. That way those that like it can still see it as canon and those that don't can easily ignore it.

I just want quality SW content. I want goosebumps and fun.

Luke vs Thrawn.. I am down for that.

But they gotta recast him.. No digital luke.

That gets me excited.. Not gonna lie.

I think it would get *lots* of people excited. Pretty sure the creators know that.

Even if its done it does not mean its the obliteration of the ST... There is a lot of time between the two.

Agreed.

Now.. I guess its possible that Disney just ignores the ST.. That way those that like it can still see it as canon and those that don't can easily ignore it.

I still think it'll connect to the ST eventually (lots of subtle hints so far), but simply ignoring it is possible.

I just want quality SW content. I want goosebumps and fun.

Luke vs Thrawn.. I am down for that.

But they gotta recast him.. No digital luke.

I'm a traditionalist who doesn't like the idea of recasting someone like Luke. But the CGI just isn't there yet, and the fan push for Sebastian Stan is getting louder, so recasting is becoming more likely. You'll probably get your wish.

Back