The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol

I was hoping the scanner would say This is the way lol

They also certainly lucked out that the commander took them to a part of the building for their drinks facing Cara and Mulan and that when Burr decided to go psycho and make a stand they were at an additional 400 feet up in the air where the snipers could help them.

Thank the maker for windows.

:lol

What was the point of the scanner if it literally accepts anyone's face anyway?

Computer: "Face scan complete. Face unrecognized. You may download top secret data now," lol.

LOLOLOL.

All I know is the redemption arc has been done to death. SW needs more bad guys.....really bad guys

Hell I was so happy that episode to see a Imperial officer, who was total Nazi obsessed with the righteous Empire.

That guy was the best part of last episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO Moff Gideon IS a really bad guy. The guy who had an officer shot for interrupting him. Don't remember even Vader doing that.

And Boba completing what he thinks is an honor debt isn't exactly warm and fuzzy.

So Gideon's cage got rattled; which was deliberate; so coin toss as to what he does next. Like maybe hire an Inquisitor. Since Filoni is involved could be anything. Death Watch Mandalorians even. They could follow a line where Mando's face got scanned; to some Mandalorians maybe that makes Din D'jarin fair game.

Then we're back around to Boba's relationship with Mandalore.

I just hope for NOT a cliff hanger. Bad enough S3 is being bumped 2 months to late December. *&^$#:crying:crying:crying

Since it seemed the cargo was made all the more volatile by movement, why in a galaxy where even a teenage farmer has a hovering land speeder, did they need to use wheeled vehicles?

Might as well have been having PogoTroopers hand deliver it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Much like a train was used in Solo to transport volatile coaxium, you can make an excuse for it in a galaxy with flight vehicles if you want to. We know the real reason for train/truck scenarios is just to create onscreen tension, but coming up with logic to explain it isn't too difficult.

Perhaps volatile chemicals need to be braced in a way that would make it too heavy for low-skimming speeders.

Or maybe there's something about the propulsion systems on flying vehicles that could interact with the volatile chemicals.

:lol

What was the point of the scanner if it literally accepts anyone's face anyway?

Computer: "Face scan complete. Face unrecognized. You may download top secret data now," lol.

Isn't the whole face-scanner thing just to identify any faces that would be logged as criminals or "wanted" by the ISB?

Wasn't that the point of why Din was the only one in the group whose face wouldn't register a red flag by ISB face scanners?

My understanding is that the code cylinder is what's granting access to info, while the face scanner is just to cross-reference for added security. What am I missing?

Isn't the whole face-scanner thing just to identify any faces that would be logged as criminals or "wanted" by the ISB?

Wasn't that the point of why Din was the only one in the group whose face wouldn't register a red flag by ISB face scanners?

My understanding is that the code cylinder is what's granting access to info, while the face scanner is just to cross-reference for added security. What am I missing?

Yes that was the on screen explanation for the face scanner but it doesn't make it any less random IMO. At what point did wanted criminals openly walk around inside of secure facilities with little data sticks to such a degree that someone said "you know these criminals walking into our heavily fortified bases and turning on our computers is getting out of hand. Let's build some fancy face scanning terminals that exist for no other purpose," lol.

I mean I get it if the scanner is supposed to verify that you're authorized to use the terminal, that is a widely used trope across all of sci-fi. But a "make sure you're not a registered criminal and nothing more" scanner still seems weird to me. But hey it's SW and made for a fun scene so no harm no foul. :)

Yes that was the on screen explanation for the face scanner but it doesn't make it any less random IMO. At what point did wanted criminals openly walk around inside of secure facilities with little data sticks to such a degree that someone said "you know these criminals walking into our heavily fortified bases and turning on our computers is getting out of hand. Let's build some fancy face scanning terminals that exist for no other purpose," lol.

I mean I get it if the scanner is supposed to verify that you're authorized to use the terminal, that is a widely used trope across all of sci-fi. But a "make sure you're not a registered criminal and nothing more" scanner still seems weird to me. But hey it's SW and made for a fun scene so no harm no foul. :)

Jyn Erso's true legacy: face scanners. :lol

That's right since it's now "canon" that everyone accepts her as the real hero of Yavin despite no one alive actually knowing that she even went to Scarif. :duh :slap

Threepio overheard her plan. You know what a blabbermouth he is. ;)

But on the face scanner thing, the crew in Rebels sure does infiltrate Imperial facilities regularly. Maybe the Empire finally had enough and got their "top minds" to find a safeguard.

Okay you're right what was I thinking. Almost every movie and TV show features wanted criminals constantly logging into the Empire's databases, lol.

It only took the destruction of two whole Death Stars for them to finally wise up. :D

Okay you're right what was I thinking. Almost every movie and TV show features wanted criminals constantly logging into the Empire's databases, lol.

It only took the destruction of two whole Death Stars for them to finally wise up. :D

:lol :lol

I tried thinking of all the times Imperial points were infiltrated by "criminals," and got tired. Beckett and his gang posed as Imps. Han and Luke posed as troopers. Jyn and Cassian. Han as an AT-ST driver in ROTJ. Ezra and his gang . . . every other week. Yeah, it's a problem the Empire had to solve. :lol

Damn Imperial red tape and bureaucracy holding up the implementation of face scanners all that time.

Theory makes sense. I didn't read it a week ago but similar idea occurred to me about Fett stalking Mando for Gideon.

Also, maybe Gideon needs Mando. Maybe he wants to make a new clone army with Mando. Thus fitting to have Fett bring him this prize.

Also, maybe Grogu's special powers can more easily transfer to a being that Grogu is so connected to. Gideon's super Force Troopers.

In think maybe it has more to do with
1. Offering him a job
2. Thinks Mando knows more about force sensitive people, and he does, he knows Ashoka.
3. Or maybe he wants to know what?s going on with Mandalore

Finale better be at least an hour.

If we are given our Fett in that hour I will end 2020 with a positive vibe.

Doctors and nurses saved my life
I get my Fett and a perfect season of Mando
I decreased my bluray collection from 600 to 75
The real Vader Hayden Christensen is back
I start 2021 happy af

Ah.... but is it telling you something only Din knows? That he once worked for the Empire?

This ....is.....exactly......the .......way.

Remember Din was parts of Mandalore. Who know what else he was part of.

He may have been with the army like Solo or/and joined the Empire as a bounty hunter or other.

If not , as my son said, it may just record your face and your request. Which in that case , Gideon could easily know Mando is coming......and what he looks like now.......

My son basically said, ?Well , now the entire Empire knows what Din looks like, so he will have to wear the mask all the time.....which he was already doing.

I start 2021 happy af

Glad your feeling better BTW, call your Healthcare team and just say thanks.

You have no idea how that makes us feel after 8 months of dealing with COVID day in and Day out. When someone thanks me, on that very rare occasion, I want to break down.......

Most of my day is still getting yelled at by people over stupid crap....

I start 2021 happy af
You getting rid of your discs seems so bizarre/alternate reality to me. After all you've said negatively about streaming, just doesn't sound like you.

I too, am glad you're doing better.

At least keep your 4K's and 3D's, you can always buy a projector to watch them.

You getting rid of your discs seems so bizarre/alternate reality to me. After all you've said negatively about streaming, just doesn't sound like you.

I too, am glad you're doing better.

At least keep your 4K's and 3D's, you can always buy a projector to watch them.

I shed 30 lbs and 525 blurays with covid lol

I did keep my favorite 3D movies part of that 75.

75 still seems like too many my work continues.

Last edited:

I start 2021 happy af

It's good to see that you survived COVID with your sense of humor intact. :lol

Back