The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved this episode! You-know-who was awesome! The way she carried herself was very reminiscent of Carrie-Anne Moss from the first Matrix. Perfectly realized in live-action. Hopefully we see much more of her in the episodes ahead.

Mando's little moment that echoed Uncle Bob walking into the SWAT Team fire was cool too.

Did he really just give the first fisherman he saw on the pier one thousand credits to repair his ship?? And then was surprised that it was patched up with random sheets of metal and netting?? LOL. :rotfl

I loved this episode! You-know-who was awesome! The way she carried herself was very reminiscent of Carrie-Anne Moss from the first Matrix. Perfectly realized in live-action. Hopefully we see much more of her in the episodes ahead.

Mando's little moment that echoed Uncle Bob walking into the SWAT Team fire was cool too.

Did he really just give the first fisherman he saw on the pier one thousand credits to repair his ship?? And then was surprised that it was patched up with random sheets of metal and netting?? LOL. :rotfl

I didn’t think of that Matrix connection but totally spot on.

Her attitude and posture.

I still can?t believe this level of cgi is even possible on a made for tv show.

The shot of the Razor Crest being dropped by the crane onto the landing pad with all the water splashing out of the turbines was absolutely jaw dropping.

And agreed on the jet pack scenes. Some of the best ever in live-action, and I'd even include Iron Man's full MCU appearances.

The effects are without a doubt some
Of the best seen in Tv or Movie for that matter....

Hell seeing that Planet in the beginning the crest flys by was even amazing.

Honestly , the worst shots are of the Child ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FREAKING MASTERPIECE EPISODE!

Just WOW!

WOW WOW WOW!

Is this really happening.

Did I just watch a 300 million dollar looking TCW in live action. :thud:

BY perfectly used AGAIN!

3 episodes with their own unique vibe.

Glorious.

It was so good it felt like it was the perfect length and not short changed.

Bryce holy crap.

This season is killing it.

:rock :rock :rock

This was the first episode that I watched and then immediately watched again that very same night. :yess:

They are indeed killing it this season.

At first I thought they nerfed Mando at the expense of the new characters with the water monster thing but watching it again he was at a *much* bigger disadvantage with being rattled by the surprise of the attack and panic of watching BY instantly swallowed PLUS they *locked him in* and were jabbing him with spears like total a-holes, lol.

Also I would expect you know who to have been a much more seasoned fighter than him and he seemed to hold his own alongside her just fine during their follow up mission.

I liked that they were both somewhat put off by the perceived misguidedness of the other person but came to mutually respect each other by the end.

I miss Kuiil :(

Same

Amazing character heroic death.

The shot of the Razor Crest being dropped by the crane onto the landing pad with all the water splashing out of the turbines was absolutely jaw dropping.

And agreed on the jet pack scenes. Some of the best ever in live-action, and I'd even include Iron Man's full MCU appearances.

Yeah dude I was seriously in awe.

Can you imagine Fav remaking the PT today :thud:

The effects are without a doubt some
Of the best seen in Tv or Movie for that matter....

Hell seeing that Planet in the beginning the crest flys by was even amazing.

Honestly , the worst shots are of the Child ....

Hnnng

:rock :rock :rock

This was the first episode that I watched and then immediately watched again that very same night. :yess:

They are indeed killing it this season.

At first I thought they nerfed Mando at the expense of the new characters with the water monster thing but watching it again he was at a *much* bigger disadvantage with being rattled by the surprise of the attack and panic of watching BY instantly swallowed PLUS they *locked him in* and were jabbing him with spears like total a-holes, lol.

Also I would expect you know who to have been a much more seasoned fighter than him and he seemed to hold his own alongside her just fine during their follow up mission.

I liked that they were both somewhat put off by the perceived misguidedness of the other person but came to mutually respect each other by the end.

Yup same here.

At first I was like why isn’t he just using his flame weapon against the them but then I was like you dummy he is in the ocean as in literally in the ocean lol

I liked how he just ignored her and her team hiding and he just went for it charging straight out in the open.

It is a great scene, but I must say that knowing what computers can do now, nothing is jaw dropping to me anymore - I kinda expect the effects to be grandiose and well done. In fact what would be jaw dropping is to see Green Lantern bad CGI and VFX done today.
I was impressed when first saw Jaws. Star Wars. Predator, or anything else that have used stop motion, model, diorama making skills, and the such. Was very impressed with the siege scenes in LOTR. But for the past 10 years or so we got bombarded with good VFX ( Inception, Dr. Strange come to mind ), so as I've said, nothing is really jaw dropping anymore. At least not to me :)

It is a great scene, but I must say that knowing what computers can do now, nothing is jaw dropping to me anymore - I kinda expect the effects to be grandiose and well done. In fact what would be jaw dropping is to see Green Lantern bad CGI and VFX done today.
I was impressed when first saw Jaws. Star Wars. Predator, or anything else that have used stop motion, model, diorama making skills, and the such. Was very impressed with the siege scenes in LOTR. But for the past 10 years or so we got bombarded with good VFX ( Inception, Dr. Strange come to mind ), so as I've said, nothing is really jaw dropping anymore. At least not to me :)

Its impressive because this is a TV show though, not just because its good CGI/VFX.

I think the only other TV show to come close in terms of detail and fidelity is Game of Thrones, although I think The Mandalorian surpasses it.

Its impressive because this is a TV show though, not just because its good CGI/VFX.

I think the only other TV show to come close in terms of detail and fidelity is Game of Thrones, although I think The Mandalorian surpasses it.

chriss is right there are still way way more made for tv shows with horrendous cgi vs quality cgi.

For example go look at that demon monster on that Netflix nun action series yikes.

That crappy quality is the norm not the exception.

chriss is right there are still way way more made for tv shows with horrendous cgi vs quality cgi.

For example go look at that demon monster on that Netflix nun action series yikes.

That crappy quality is the norm not the exception.

True but then I seriously doubt any other shows have EVER had budgets on par with The Mandalorian or the upcoming Marvel shows. This is an entirely new category of "TV show". The House of Mouse is dropping some serious cheese...

The thing about CG now ... if I'm not thinking about it they've done a great job. I didn't look at the Razor Crest being pulled out of the water and think "Wow, those are killer FX!" ... which is how (in hindsight) I know those were killer FX.

It also takes a good story to make me forget the FX. I'm more likely to notice them if the narrative is trash because that's the only redeeming feature.

On the flip side, more than a couple of DCEU films look like video games, so no redeeming features there at all. :lol

Last edited:

I would say Firefly was way ahead also . Still looks good.

True but then I seriously doubt any other shows have EVER had budgets on par with The Mandalorian or the upcoming Marvel shows. This is an entirely new category of "TV show". The House of Mouse is dropping some serious cheese...

GOT averaged about $15 million per episode and season one of the Mandalorian averaged about $12.5 million per episode. I don't think they have revealed the budget for Mando season 2 but I'm mildly curious what it is.

I know who she is and get all that but that doesn?t explain why they wanted his help to begin with when they obviously didnt need it, except for using him as a meat shield. On another note i hope we see sabine wren at some point on the show. Also with them taking their helmets off, its obvious pedro will get his way and his helmet will come off more often in future episodes. The seeds were firmly planted

Don't agree with any of that. They knew the ship layout and it's a wide hallway, so u have a pair on each side and move 2 x 2, alternating. Which is more or less what they were doing. Plus if u spot a Mandalorian with that kind of armor/equipment why WOULDN'T you want him on your crew? They didn't know who he was, but there was the possibility this stranger could have joined them permanently.

Why would he take the lead when it wasn't his mission? He didn't take the lead in the prisoner episode either. He also didn't know they were gonna take the ship.

As far as "Pedro getting his way" can't believe people just accept what some Y-T blogger spit out:stake. Clever in a &^^%$ kind of way, since by the end figured it was possible following Western serial tradition the hero hangs up his spurs. But there's been nothing but nice things said about Pascal from more legitimate sources.

Or there's the big mano a mano end fight. But it's &^%$ to *&^$$ on some actor just to get hits.:pfft:

No wonder all the TROS actors look exhausted or *&^% off in interviews.

They are setting up Mando to realize the child is a distraction, and he is getting in trouble because of it.

He will turn away from the child to ?save himself? then turn back realizing the Child gave him his humanity and purpose.

:cool: Am wondering if it will be more simple that the Child refuses to leave. No-one seems to have asked his opinion yet. Seems the SW tradition that those with great Force powers end up with a mentor/teacher (Luke, Ezra, even Kylo really...) but who sez u have to?

Meanwhile, that sunset shot was *glorious*:clap and it was heartwarming when the Mandos blew the boat up. I hope they took all the credits they could find, too.
Can't believe the production quality - setting a high bar for the other Disney SW series.

Personally I do not want or need a show that mimicked Rambo in Space, or Arnold Terminator like hero.

I want a show that?s more nuanced than that. I think the show would get boring really fast if it?s just bad ass Mando kicking the crap out of the villain of the week.

But some people do want that. That why they couldn?t accept Luke failing in ST.

I would suggest they watch wrestling as a drama over Mando. That?s a pretty cut and dry bad guy vs good guy motif.

Yeah, that's the point though. Obviously more money = shinier effects it's still impressive that this quality is being provided in something that isn't a blockbuster movie.

Personally I do not want or need a show that mimicked Rambo in Space, or Arnold Terminator like hero.

I want a show that?s more nuanced than that. I think the show would get boring really fast if it?s just bad ass Mando kicking the crap out of the villain of the week.

But some people do want that. That why they couldn?t accept Luke failing in ST.

I would suggest they watch wrestling as a drama over Mando. That?s a pretty cut and dry bad guy vs good guy motif.

:lol
IMO he never was. More of "everyman" like everyone else in the fragmented Outer Rim territories, grinding out a living. One difference being he lives by a code. And he threw away even that *&^%$ existence to save a child, which is awesome.

Or, the wash-rinse-repeat some folks seem to want isn't something I'd watch, and likely would be a pretty boring and short series anyway.

Back