The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's that he isn't that good, it's that his love for The Child and want/desperation to reunite him with the Jedi is causing him to take these risks and throw himself after The Child without hesitation.

Agreed. I think the fact that he didn't have the opportunity to reunite with his own family makes him even more driven to see that the same fate doesn't befall The Brat....er, I mean The Child. :D

I don't think it's that he isn't that good, it's that his love for The Child and want/desperation to reunite him with the Jedi is causing him to take these risks and throw himself after The Child without hesitation.

Attachment is dangerous for this kind of profession don't you agree.

Didn't the giant spider pierced the canopy?
So how was it intact when he brought the ship to be fixed? And how it did not get full of water when he dropped it of the platform...?

Also, I was expecting the Mon, when he saw the ship, to say " It's a crap! " :)

Didn't the giant spider pierced the canopy?
So how was it intact when he brought the ship to be fixed? And how it did not get full of water when he dropped it of the platform...?

Also, I was expecting the Mon, when he saw the ship, to say " It's a crap! " :)

Maybe he had a spare pane of canopy glass or transpari-steel or whatever it is.

Not sure if it's been said already, as I haven't read all of the posts for this week's episode, but did anyone else get a "The Matrix" vibe with the music played when the three Mandos first appear?

I have grown attached to the score as far as it?s Definetly Mando music.

The score they dumped in last night felt totally out of place. As a piece of music , it was interesting.....but there seems to be little to connect it to the overall themes.

Dunno any one else understand what I am getting at? A score should somehow fit the overall theme of a show or film.

This one is all over the place to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The score they dumped in last night felt totally out of place. As a piece of music , it was interesting.....but there seems to be little to connect it to the overall themes.

Dunno any one else understand what I am getting at? A score should somehow fit the overall theme of a show or film.

Agreed. It?s a little incoherent; and they?re leaning into the ?80s preeeetty hard with the synth guitars.

I thought last chapter’s music was the best so far. If they keep it in that vein the rest of the series I’d be fine with it.

The score in this episode for Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls was amazing imo.

Great episode!! :yess:

Definitely way better and improved over last weeks. But this season does seem to have Mando being a little dumbed down. Between last week's episode and this weeks episode 3 he sure seems to be making lots of bad decisions suddenly, getting caught of guard or by surprise, and is being taken advantage of too easily. He is being humanized a little too much rather than him being cold and calculating.

But that's part of the problem when taking more of a bad ass bad guy bounty hunter and turning him into a family/kid friendly hero and TV show. Ultimately I think one of the reasons Disney couldn't figure out how to take Boba Fett and give him his own movie while making him the typical Disney Hero for kids. The Mando was an unknown and blank slate. If they tried to give Boba Mando's "nice guy" traits, I think fans would've lost their ****..

Can't wait for next week's episode 4 (12).

And even more so can't wait to see more BK!! Love Katee Sackhoff... :love

Attachment is dangerous for this kind of profession don't you agree.

After watching again last night, changed my mind about it being such a stretch that Mando would drop his guard. Because he blows off the Quarren at first and does the usual stoic ignoring. It's mentioning the kid being interested that trips him up.

Exactly the kind of thing you do when you feel a bit bad over your bored kid/pet on a road trip. The Child is his weak point. Come to think of it this episode went after that again later, threatening to kill his "pet".

IMO this episode could have used a bit more breathing space in the pacing. For me so far overall #1>#2>#3. But that's splitting hairs - luv this show.:cool:

There's some nice subtle stuff too like Mando at the last responding to "this is the way" e.g. I took that as his first step on the slippery slope of taking another look at the Way. So he can take off the d@mn helmet once in a while and have spotchka with the Marshall who really needs to show up again.:pray:

If they tried to give Boba Mando's "nice guy" traits, I think fans would've lost their ****..
Probably. But conversely for me what I know of Boba comes off as one-note, even in Clone Wars; it's a reason I think I didn't take to the character so far. Din D'jarin is more complicated.

Maybe he had a spare pane of canopy glass or transpari-steel or whatever it is.

*Shrug* Mando says he can fuse the cockpit. Looks like he carried a ton of parts and stuff like fishing boats do.

Feel neutral about Ahsoka - but, among other talents she can do mechanics/tech. Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up working on the Crest which helps Din D'jarin relax since this Jedi turns out not to be some *&^%. Maybe. Low-keying her appearance at first would be a way to introduce the character. VS. some robed Jedi in a temple or something.

I loved the episode but mando didnt really do **** when they took the ship, he pretty much just watched the other 3 kill everyone until the end when he used himself as a human shield. As i was watching the scene play out, i kept wondering why they even wanted his help, all he did was follow them and complain about the mission- then bam human shield ok got it lol- thats some armor he has i wonder if a saber could cut through it cause those lasers bounce off him like nerf bullets

Fans were angry because Rey didn’t struggle enough she overcame obstacles with ease.

Are fans now going to complain when Mando struggles and occasionally fails at overcoming obstacles.

Is Mando now on Doomcock’s radar lol

I loved the episode but mando didnt really do **** when they took the ship, he pretty much just watched the other 3 kill everyone until the end when he used himself as a human shield. As i was watching the scene play out, i kept wondering why they even wanted his help, all he did was follow them and complain about the mission- then bam human shield ok got it lol- thats some armor he has i wonder if a saber could cut through it cause those lasers bounce off him like nerf bullets

Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls are clearly better trained than Din, they are soldiers, he is a bounty hunter. Bo-Katan has been fighting for her people since The Clone Wars for around 30 years.

And I doubt he can go up against a lightsaber.

Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls are clearly better trained than Din, they are soldiers, he is a bounty hunter. Bo-Katan has been fighting for her people since The Clone Wars for around 30 years.

And I doubt he can go up against a lightsaber.

I know who she is and get all that but that doesn’t explain why they wanted his help to begin with when they obviously didnt need it, except for using him as a meat shield. On another note i hope we see sabine wren at some point on the show. Also with them taking their helmets off, its obvious pedro will get his way and his helmet will come off more often in future episodes. The seeds were firmly planted

Fans were angry because Rey didn?t struggle enough she overcame obstacles with ease.

Are fans now going to complain when Mando struggles and occasionally fails at overcoming obstacles.

Is Mando now on Doomcock?s radar lol

Thank you.

A hero without a struggle is boring.

Plus if people cannot see the arc they are setting up they are as blind as a bantha doused in Krate Dragon spit.

They are setting up Mando to realize the child is a distraction, and he is getting in trouble because of it.

He will turn away from the child to ?save himself? then turn back realizing the Child gave him his humanity and purpose.

Back