Premium Format The Mandalorian PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mandalorian and The Child

though i was excited to wake up to this news, i agree the pose of mando is not like him.

i don't know if they can still tweak the stance, but i hope they do.

mando hot toys.jpg

That pose above certainly would have been preferable. A confident natural looking pose.

I also agree with Gipetto that is seems some details that really sell a poly statue as real fabric appear lacking from what i can tell. Iron Studios typically excels at these details, but they aren't always perfect either.

I also worry about the metallic paint of the beskar. Those details need a be a shade of chrome, not a dull silver.

left arm is not optimal and mando looks too thin, but overall really good job.

Hell yes we are ever happy! For instance, I point you in the direction of any of the SW Mythos statues, all of whom have poses which are both dynamic and graceful, even if the figure is just standing around brandishing weapons.

Also riddle me this: HOW in THE HELL is SSC going to ship this statue unbroken?! HOW - you just *KNOW* that cape is going to snap in half, even if the pram detaches [and I am sure it will]. Hell we could not even get Suicide Squad Harley shipped without her bangs snapping in half, and we got a whole cape here...? I foresee much wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with many destroy-for-credit vids posted on YouTube.

maybe the cape will be vinyl..? But then we'd have problems with drooping over time. Good luck on this one, SSC!

I think the cape will be easier to ship than the orginal Obi-Wan Mythos cape was. If it's like the Iron Studios Thor, it'll be a very hard vinyl that will hopefully hold up over time.

So much for mixed media with Premium Formats. I thought that was part of what made it 'Premium' as opposed to just being a statue, which this now is. :dunno

Oh, and still the same price as what were formerly mixed media. :slap

When I first saw pics of this PF, I interpreted it as Mando reaching back to grab his rifle - which would justify the torso positioning. I was surprised to come on here and see people saying it was an overexaggerated runway strut.

I pretended to grab a rifle off my back and my torso does the exact same thing as this pose. I might be wrong, but I can totally reconcile this pose and it is pre-ordered!

Much as I am a fanatic about show - no.

Don't care for pose or sculpt...will wait to see what Iron Studios may come up with. Also, Sideshow has managed to lose that ineffable thing
that makes Baby so cute. Maybe it's better in person. Mando looks like he is whistling a jaunty tune - just no.:vader

When I first saw pics of this PF, I interpreted it as Mando reaching back to grab his rifle - which would justify the torso positioning. I was surprised to come on here and see people saying it was an overexaggerated runway strut.

I pretended to grab a rifle off my back and my torso does the exact same thing as this pose. I might be wrong, but I can totally reconcile this pose and it is pre-ordered!

So then the question becomes... of all the poses you could utilize to immortalize this character in Premium Format, why select the one where he is just beginning to reach for his rifle?

You like it. That's all that matters. Honestly, I don't think pre-sales will close on this one. There will be plenty to go around. No one needs to pre-order. I would highly recommend anyone to wait until you see pics of the final production piece.

Nobody ask for the beskar pram? Is a second season spoiler? Never see it in the first season and in the new trailer only the old one appears.

Nobody ask for the beskar pram? Is a second season spoiler? Never see it in the first season and in the new trailer only the old one appears.

Between that and the limited angles shown so far, you've got me thinking maybe this'll be a season 1/2 type of Din statue. Perhaps they'll announce a swappable season 2 thigh armor and left knee pad later on?

Sideshow Posing strikes again :lol

Sideshow Posing strikes again :lol

LOL! I'm going to pose this alongside my tip-toeing Luke Bespin, Luke Jedi and scared Chewbacca Premium Formats... To be clear, I like all three of those PFs, but the posing wasn't the option I would've chosen :)

LOL! I'm going to pose this alongside my tip-toeing Luke Bespin, Luke Jedi and scared Chewbacca Premium Formats... To be clear, I like all three of those PFs, but the posing wasn't the option I would've chosen :)

Man, you just made me remember one of my biggest SW merchandise disappointments ever. That tip toeing Luke PF was abysmal. Followed closely by the Commander Cody. How do you not immortalize Order 66 in a PF?

Back