Premium Format The Mandalorian PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mandalorian and The Child

Up for pre-order on Sideshow. I used $300 in rewards points and a $25 discount code to make this one the price of my first PF :)

I might try to hoard my points and dump them on this too. Problem is I couldn't order until sometime next year. But with no exclusive I expect the ES on this will be huge. Plus I do want to give a bit of time to see if Iron Studios competes directly. But if this is the only option in 1/4 I definitely want.

Just 5 pics in the gallery? Usually when a statue go to preorder the gallery is full of images of his turn around, diferent angles, etc...I miss more visual information.

Just 5 pics in the gallery? Usually when a statue go to preorder the gallery is full of images of his turn around, diferent angles, etc...I miss more visual information.

I'm not even 100% sure this isn't just a 3D rendering of what it will look like. All the more reason to provide multiple angles... Still looks good enough for me to PO

I just can't get past the strutting pose. Why must SS always ruin a statue with an weird pose. I love the concept, just bring his left shoulder back and have him walking like normal. Gonna have to pass.

Exactly my thoughts! SS seems to consistently do something awkward and unnatural with the PF poses.

For me it's not just the strutting runway pose but the fact the body seems way too lean for the character. Unless this is meant to be a more stylized comic booky take on him.

Someone on FB posted a George Jefferson strutting .gif in relation to this release, and now I cannot unsee.

This is a beautiful statue, well done and the pose is so TOTALLY WRONG, Mando does not sashay and he will never sashay! Not to mention the price is through the roof. For that money, I need utter perfection in every detail. Mando's upper body going one way and his lower going another way aint that.

Verdict: POLLICE VERSO

Is anyone ever happy about any product these days? I think it looks good. Thanks Sideshow for a new premium format figure !

Is anyone ever happy about any product these days? I think it looks good. Thanks Sideshow for a new premium format figure !

It's a valid complaint though, Sideshow often makes simply bizarre posing choices on premium formats. From opera singing Vader to tip toeing Luke there are many examples.

this looks awful to me. I get wanting the cape sculpted to show the pram floating, but the rest of the outfit should've been mixed media. The sculpted "fabric" elements don't have any texture to them. They can do the comic Punisher PF (which won sculpting awards btw) that has denim jean texture on the pants, cotton weave texture on the shirt and just accurate fabric texture on anything that is meant to be fabric even though the entire piece is sculpted. Then you have this that looks like a kotobukiya statue. Congrats to those who like it, but this looks phoned in to me.

Hell yes we are ever happy! For instance, I point you in the direction of any of the SW Mythos statues, all of whom have poses which are both dynamic and graceful, even if the figure is just standing around brandishing weapons.

Also riddle me this: HOW in THE HELL is SSC going to ship this statue unbroken?! HOW - you just *KNOW* that cape is going to snap in half, even if the pram detaches [and I am sure it will]. Hell we could not even get Suicide Squad Harley shipped without her bangs snapping in half, and we got a whole cape here...? I foresee much wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with many destroy-for-credit vids posted on YouTube.

maybe the cape will be vinyl..? But then we'd have problems with drooping over time. Good luck on this one, SSC!

Hell yes we are ever happy! For instance, I point you in the direction of any of the SW Mythos statues, all of whom have poses which are both dynamic and graceful, even if the figure is just standing around brandishing weapons.

Also riddle me this: HOW in THE HELL is SSC going to ship this statue unbroken?! HOW - you just *KNOW* that cape is going to snap in half, even if the pram detaches [and I am sure it will]. Hell we could not even get Suicide Squad Harley shipped without her bangs snapping in half, and we got a whole cape here...? I foresee much wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with many destroy-for-credit vids posted on YouTube.

maybe the cape will be vinyl..? But then we'd have problems with drooping over time. Good luck on this one, SSC!

relaaaax man.

It's a valid complaint though, Sideshow often makes simply bizarre posing choices on premium formats. From opera singing Vader to tip toeing Luke there are many examples.

Ugh tip toeing Bespin Luke

Was so excited when they released the teaser silhouette image.

Poor guy is still in stock.

I would have preferred seeing the Child separate and on a clear stand to get that pseudo-floating effect instead of being attached through Din Djarin's cape.

I hope Hot Toys considers doing a 1/4.

I think you already know the answer to that question lol

What's the deal with his pose?

Did he just score a touchdown....

....and Baby Yoda trying to hold him back from getting an over-celebrating penalty (unsportsman like conduct) by pulling on his cape.

Back