Premium Format The Mandalorian PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my thoughts exactly lol

I do wonder if they will actually produce that many. I suspect they just set the number that high so they can batch produce them over the course of the next couple years. It also explains why they threw a fit and blocked the Iron Studios from being easily distributed in North America. What a bunch of sore losers!

Personally I'm still looking forward to getting the Iron Studios version of this, Sideshow can shove theirs!

So these pics were posted on FB (by Jason Ogden).
Tbh, I don't like it. The pose is still so weird to me.

263476797_4733264046696778_1263957260415622831_n.jpg
263409066_4733264200030096_8532185035695162411_n.jpg
263642251_4733264160030100_7026498627575139873_n.jpg
263508062_4733264066696776_6281782075347184517_n.jpg

Yikes that pose is real awful

The paint job seems pretty great though. I have the IS 1/4 one though, that is more than good enough for me.

not really liking that pose. missed opportunity by sideshow. 7500ES goodluck with that.
But i'm happy for those who got it and liked it, grats to you guys!

not really liking that pose. missed opportunity by sideshow. 7500ES goodluck with that.
But i'm happy for those who got it and liked it, grats to you guys!
Funny thing is, there will actually be 750 of these in circulation as Sideshow will only make small batches based on demand...for which there will be almost none. They should at least try an low ES on something like this...

Funny thing is, there will actually be 750 of these in circulation as Sideshow will only make small batches based on demand...for which there will be almost none. They should at least try an low ES on something like this...

Seems like almost everything Sideshow makes is open ended anymore. As you say even a lot of their premium formats follow the blueprint of this Mando with a absolutely huge ES. I remember thinking it was odd that they were only producing 600 of the Rancor...then they shrunk it down to half the size and put up an ES of 2000 lol

Seems like almost everything Sideshow makes is open ended anymore. As you say even a lot of their premium formats follow the blueprint of this Mando with a absolutely huge ES. I remember thinking it was odd that they were only producing 600 of the Rancor...then they shrunk it down to half the size and put up an ES of 2000 lol
Yeah, that was an odd call on the small ES for the Rancor. I think I still have a wait list order in purgatory on their site for the full size one...although I admittedly have no idea where I'd put the damned thing. :)

Yeah the pose and way-too-thin body are bad, but what really kills it for me is the totally smooth lack of texture on the jumpsuit. That’s what I would expect from a smaller Gentle Giant 1/7 or Iron Studios 1/10 statue. Even the new Obi-Wan mythos, which no one seems too excited for, even it has some detailed texturing to his tunic and under suit. This thing will be around for years. So glad I got the Iron Studios 1/4.

Yeah the pose and way-too-thin body are bad, but what really kills it for me is the totally smooth lack of texture on the jumpsuit. That’s what I would expect from a smaller Gentle Giant 1/7 or Iron Studios 1/10 statue. Even the new Obi-Wan mythos, which no one seems too excited for, even it has some detailed texturing to his tunic and under suit. This thing will be around for years. So glad I got the Iron Studios 1/4.
Me too. On the other hand, this thread/responses are hilarious.:rotfl

I get Sideshow didn't wanna compete with IS and Gentle Giant, but there were other poses they easily could have picked up on.
Is it me but are his boots stubby too?

Back