1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm willing to bet that one of them owned this guy (one of my favorites):

s05.jpg

Think it was more based on the 1313 Boba, but I sure do love me some SOTE.

Think it was more based on the 1313 Boba, but I sure do love me some SOTE.

9f07d6a20596e42395738b1bd64eaebd.jpg

Good call. There's still something about the swoop rider that makes me think he crossed the designers' lines of sight at some point. But yeah, SOTE is great. Before any of us knew what JJ had in mind for Episode 7, I was crossing my fingers for Dash Render to make a screen debut.

After messing around with it I conclude that I still love it.

My only nits are that he really could use relaxed hands and that his pants are too baggy.

Now of course the other issue is hot toys and it?s insistence of using stupid fat suits on its Star Wars characters. So aside from not being able to move like at all he suffered from being too bulky and making his head look to small etc.

So I simply ripped the stupid thing off and infinitely better all around and now he can pose in any way you want (too lazy to take posing pics sorry)

View attachment 497693View attachment 497694View attachment 497695

Man that 1st picture without the fat suit looks awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the figure today. Really is exceptional, still find the helmet to be a bit too small in person, especially from profile, but seems to work okay on lower shelves.

I think they used a shorter body on the prototype, as the helmet, chest part, and belt seem closer together in the original pics. Might consider a body swap at some point but for now I'll just enjoy the figure, still looks great as is.

Obligatory pic.

View attachment 498052

Nice pic TonTon!

I received my Mando on Thursday of this week and got him all posed up. Great figure! Stand decal by Evilface.
9e1c3dfca7559d294344928360e2bfe1.jpg

Nice pic TonTon!

I received my Mando on Thursday of this week and got him all posed up. Great figure! Stand decal by Evilface.
9e1c3dfca7559d294344928360e2bfe1.jpg

:duff Thanks, Matt! It really is an awesome figure. Has me binging season 1 as we speak and considering IG-11.

Those stands look great, probably nice having consistency across the board rather than a hodgepodge of different styles.

:duff Thanks, Matt! It really is an awesome figure. Has me binging season 1 as we speak and considering IG-11.

Those stands look great, probably nice having consistency across the board rather than a hodgepodge of different styles.

I just started re-watching season 1 myself - Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Can?t wait for Friday. The hype for season 2 is unreal.

I definitely like the consistency of the stands and all of my figures either have the old school black with logo stands from Hot Toys or Evil Face decals.

Is Evilface still around? Haven't seen him or the guy that makes the Cathode Sabers in a long time.

Can?t recall where, may have been the QMX Star Trek thread, Pixelpiper (Cathode Sabers) checked in there a while back.

Thanks for posting. As mentioned, that's a great way to add some dynamic "motion" to the cape. Slight nitpick re: vid - would have enjoyed it more if the figure was more central in the framing, maybe some closeups as well. Otherwise, a very handy vid.:clap

Thanks man. It's always a journey to make something your own style. I suppose I could have used my light box...

Back