Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think it’s as bad as some, but it also isn’t a figure that screams out: “buy me” either. Probably a pass from me. If they stick around long enough and are discounted maybe I’ll get one. The thing is more classic style Troopers are always welcome. This isn’t exactly that, but it would still fit into a lineup.

It's not *that* far off from what was seen on-screen, just watched the trailer again. They went a little heavy-handed on the black chipping which is what gives it that unfortunate Sharpie effect.

It's not *that* far off from what was seen on-screen, just watched the trailer again. They went a little heavy-handed on the black chipping which is what gives it that unfortunate Sharpie effect.

Yeah, the black is a tad heavy handed. If it looks bad in person I may use one of these to do a custom Mimban trooper. Got them for $189 a piece which isn?t too bad

I think the black marks do a good enough job looking like chipped paint, but it really needed some of that darker rust effect added that you saw as well, so they don't stand out quite as much.

Now that you mention it the armor is pretty yellowed. I suppose that’s how it looks. Kind of odd looking though. The weathering is kind of odd on these. It looks intentionally placed rather than natural. I don’t think it’s bad, but like I say I’ll probably pass. As of now just the two versions of Mando and IG-11 for me. Wouldn’t mind the Scout and Speeder set, but not sure if I’ll go for it.

Looks pretty similar to the prototype, not sure where all the sudden complaints are coming from? I plan on picking one up since the RO stormtroopers have been my favorite design in figure form so far. This also screams low preorder, low production run for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was never going to get this one but it looks pretty accurate to the show to me.

Not going to jump on the dissing bandwagon to see who can make the best insult about this one :lol

It'll probably look fine on display. The HT Rogue One stormtroopers can pose up nicely and I can see how that weathering would be a nice contrast; staring hard at it my biggest gripe is the left shoulder where it gets really overdone, IMO.

Those helmets on these troopers look discernibly different from my ROTJ ones, kinda identical with RO troopers.

Now that you mention it the armor is pretty yellowed. I suppose that?s how it looks. Kind of odd looking though. The weathering is kind of odd on these. It looks intentionally placed rather than natural. I don?t think it?s bad, but like I say I?ll probably pass. As of now just the two versions of Mando and IG-11 for me. Wouldn?t mind the Scout and Speeder set, but not sure if I?ll go for it.

I like the yellowing, it at least gives some additional colouring to just the average black blotchy weathering. Essentially from Tatooine sand etc I guess.

That black weathering had to be done with a stencil or sponge applicator to be so exact. We use them on parts my company makes. Marking of text and position points etc usually. Just a pity they are so blotchy. Again cutting costs no doubt. As this is way cheaper than hand painting the weathering.

This is essentially how the operation works and the amount of products which use it for anyone interested. Quick and repeatable which I'm not sure is so good here

They should have done 70% of the weathering with the applicator then touched the rest up quickly adding some slight variation by hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1qHsBhdyeeM&feature=emb_logo

Looks pretty similar to the prototype, not sure where all the sudden complaints are coming from? I plan on picking one up since the RO stormtroopers have been my favorite design in figure form so far. This also screams low preorder, low production run for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herd mentally .

Back