Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was never going to get this one but it looks pretty accurate to the show to me.

Not going to jump on the dissing bandwagon to see who can make the best insult about this one :lol

See above post.

Herd mentally.

Or people just genuinely unimpressed with the figure after seeing in-hand photos.

My main issue is that they may look odd when more than one are displayed side-by-side, having identical weathering. It would have been nice to see some randomization. It wasn't possible to tell from the proto images if the weathering would vary between figures.

Or people just genuinely unimpressed with the figure after seeing in-hand photos. [...]

Yup. Perfectly understandable. The chipping could have been done better and presents more poorly on some sections than others, the tan/yellow staining looks pretty accurate to the show, but it's going to look a touch uniform and biscuit coloured like it has on past releases like the Jedha Patrol trooper.

It's a question of their mass production approach on this item not working particularly well, although as I've said, it's not terrible.

3.6 Roentgen. Not great, not terrible.

That guy with the kids who gets stuff early has a review up now, no kids this time.

There is a spot on the back of one thigh armor section that looks really overdone to me. I still feel that overall the weathering doesn't look as authentic as I would like and I have always disliked the Rogue One Stormtrooper design. I really did like the scene where Mando gets his ice cream case of Beskar bars and that is what still has me a bit interested in these.

That guy with the kids who gets stuff early has a review up now, no kids this time.

Isn't this the second review the kids have been absent for? Should we be concerned?

iu

I think its unreasonable to expect the figures would have randomized or multiple variations of weathering. Has there ever been an example of them doing that? Typically when there is weathering (like on Iron Man), it has always been pretty identical placement.

That?s fine but can it not look like dots done with a sharpie.

Weathered is one thing.

Looks like they were bored and started using sharpies on each other i?m surprised they don?t have a black mustache lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s fine but can it not look like dots done with a sharpie.

Weathered is one thing.

Looks like they were bored and started using sharpies on each other i?m surprised they don?t have a black mustache lol

:rotfl

I think you just spoiled Howard's virtual Comic Con big surprise.

e4a497063ba615178fbc5f61587791ea--funny-wallpapers-dance-floors.jpg

The weathering makes it look like the character is cell-shaded, as if it were a crossover with the Borderlands games.

BorderlandsStormtrooper.jpg

I think its unreasonable to expect the figures would have randomized or multiple variations of weathering. Has there ever been an example of them doing that? Typically when there is weathering (like on Iron Man), it has always been pretty identical placement.

Unreasonable?

:lol

That word is a bit strong. Difference is that no one does army building with identical Iron Man armors.

A legit question here. I noticed that some of the weathering looks like stuck on dirt/sand similar to the Sandtrooper armor and some of it is super dark, almost black and appears to be paint chips and abrasions revealing a darker color underneath.

For anybody who knows, are we to believe the Stormtrooper armor is suppose to be cast in black then painted white or have a harder white coating on it so that over time it would chip or wear off?

A legit question here. I noticed that some of the weathering looks like stuck on dirt/sand similar to the Sandtrooper armor and some of it is super dark, almost black and appears to be paint chips and abrasions revealing a darker color underneath.

For anybody who knows, are we to believe the Stormtrooper armor is suppose to be cast in black then painted white or have a harder white coating on it so that over time it would chip or wear off?

I?m not sure what the logic for ?plasteel? or whatever they call it in-universe is, but the Clone Trooper armour scratched and chipped to black as well.

I?m not sure what the logic for ?plasteel? or whatever they call it in-universe is, but the Clone Trooper armour scratched and chipped to black as well.

That’s right. It sure did. I remember the SS clones having a similar weathering to them now that you say that.

Not surprising that the weathering doesn't exactly match the prototype. It's an interesting look as a single figure but I agree multiples would look odd displayed together with the exact same distressed markings.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the order or not. One thing that would convince me is (don't laugh) the box design was different. There are going to be a fair number of Mandalorian figures and would be cool if they had Mando-themed packaging instead of the same tired boxes we've seen for years now. Heck, even Hasbro is finally aging out the Black series boxes with a new look...why can't Disney Lucasfilm let HT's very capable graphics team take a crack at this?

I'll check out that review video to see if it's the same retread box. Even if it is, it's not too late to consider a change for the next Mandalorian figures...

Not surprising that the weathering doesn't exactly match the prototype. It's an interesting look as a single figure but I agree multiples would look odd displayed together with the exact same distressed markings.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the order or not. One thing that would convince me is (don't laugh) the box design was different. There are going to be a fair number of Mandalorian figures and would be cool if they had Mando-themed packaging instead of the same tired boxes we've seen for years now. Heck, even Hasbro is finally aging out the Black series boxes with a new look...why can't Disney Lucasfilm let HT's very capable graphics team take a crack at this?

I'll check out that review video to see if it's the same retread box. Even if it is, it's not too late to consider a change for the next Mandalorian figures...

It's the same box with the graphics band around it.

Unreasonable?

:lol

That word is a bit strong. Difference is that no one does army building with identical Iron Man armors.

Well unreasonable in the sense that people have expectations for them to do something they have no history or precedence of ever doing.

I'm sure HT can make adjustments to improve the realism, like with Wicket. This is why you never buy the first batch.

Well unreasonable in the sense that people have expectations for them to do something they have no history or precedence of ever doing.

Fair enough. I never even considered that wouldn't be the case for whatever reason. These guys are pretty low on my list of wants anyways. They're the only Mando figure, aside from the Death Trooper, that I don't have pre-ordered.

The idea of the weathering being the same for all of these as a complaint makes no sense to me at all. Talk about going out of your way to find something to complain about. I have owned multiples of a number of troopers like the Shoretrooper and Patrol Trooper (plus multiples of some of the die-cast Iron Man figures) and pretty much every single mark of weathering is identical with slight variations of being applied a little darker or lighter.

Back