Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite Stormtroopers:

Stormtroopers Tantive 4.jpg

I always thought the Stormtroopers in Mandalorian, just like their Scouts, are remnant troops from all over the Empire, with all kinds of remaining and patched up armors

In retrospect, i like to imagine that on every planet with an imperial presence, that has it's own manufacturing base(For long term occupation), the Empire gets armour and materials made locally. It would allow for local companies to provide services(And be paid), for the empire, cementing their cooperation.
It allows for variations in the armour from place to place and planet to planet. Some look really janky, and some look really sharp. It's easy to imagine a garrison receiving new members from off planet, who come with their own armour, which is slightly different than the locally made stuff. It's easy to imagine small reasons there are a few different designs of armour for the different looks.
I don't mind the differences at all on the various types.
In fact, lol, i prefer the cleaner look of the RO armour as it looks more consistent than the OT stuff.

Plus you could imagine that more esteemed units would receive the newest equipment, while lesser units, very likely posted in backwaters far from Coruscant, had to make do with whatever hey could get their hands on.

I also imagine the Empire as a massive bureaucracy, with a lot of in-fighting and rivalry between officials, taking back-handers from local governors and diverting shipments. The kind of chaotic impression evident in ANH, in which Vader, the Emperor's right hand man, is on Tarkin's leash.

Jeez-Louise you guys know a lot about ST. I just like the IDEA of a Remnant Trooper, that is why I am buying this. Disney+ is not in Denmark yet, so haven't seen the show. But I really like the idea of some dude out there in the universe, trying to get by in a ST armour. Maybe still believing in the empire, maybe not giving a **** anymore. It's a good story.

Jeez-Louise you guys know a lot about ST. I just like the IDEA of a Remnant Trooper, that is why I am buying this. Disney+ is not in Denmark yet, so haven't seen the show. But I really like the idea of some dude out there in the universe, trying to get by in a ST armour. Maybe still believing in the empire, maybe not giving a **** anymore. It's a good story.

:goodpost:

Appreciate expert knowledge so I don't get the totally wrong extra heads for a display:lol. But like some other stuff in the show, really like the idea of the outlying regions just sort of cobbling together stuff.

Reminds me of reading how - in the opposite way - of how armies might start out marching in full armor, but by the end of the march a lot of the heavy stuff had been jettisoned.

Hope u can see show soon. May pick this guy up....just wondering if Sideshow's "virtual con" is gonna have some other wallet-breaking reveals.:horror:cool:

I wonder how the weathered head that comes with the Leia/Wicket set would look on this guy, for those that have that.

:goodpost:

Appreciate expert knowledge so I don't get the totally wrong extra heads for a display:lol. But like some other stuff in the show, really like the idea of the outlying regions just sort of cobbling together stuff.

Reminds me of reading how - in the opposite way - of how armies might start out marching in full armor, but by the end of the march a lot of the heavy stuff had been jettisoned.

Hope u can see show soon. May pick this guy up....just wondering if Sideshow's "virtual con" is gonna have some other wallet-breaking reveals.:horror:cool:

I was so close to buying the Incenerator Trooper, but then Sideshow revealed the info and I thought - 2099 Spider-Man for sure + maybe some ESB Star Wars, a Han perhaps? But whatever it is, it wont be out till 2022, right?

I was so close to buying the Incenerator Trooper, but then Sideshow revealed the info and I thought - 2099 Spider-Man for sure + maybe some ESB Star Wars, a Han perhaps? But whatever it is, it wont be out till 2022, right?

Yeah. Good time to build shelves - talked to Sideshow yesterday about an ASMUS fig where the delivery date got changed 3x. UPS would say it would deliver, then never show up, then change the tracking to "destination scan". UPS had no phone support now; just a recording. Got fed up and called Sideshow. Sideshow kindly told me UPS and Fed EX are all backed up. (Amazon tho WAS able to call UPS - figures a big company can get through).

So there's nothing to do about it anyway. My fig is due today (again). Between manufacturing and shipping delays just hope Mando v1 is on track. Sort of. At least within a 6 month window.

Tho not to be a jerk, since there's a global crisis going on. Just wish the shipping companies would provide more information online. Or at least phone service.

Had a package go missing that I shipped UPS and absolutely needed a person to open an inquiry because that feature of their website was broken. You used to be able to say “agent” to their automated system to get transferred to a human but they got wise to that. This time I had to spout gibberish to the automated system and go through two full loops of the recording before I finally reached a human being. I understand that a bunch of dummies likely abused the system by reaching out with inquiries that didn’t require a human response but I don’t think removing access to customer support was the solution.

The paint splattered Stormtrooper has been released.

108172423_10157360791087344_1867261676900969512_o.jpg

107933246_10157360791822344_789357863738004094_o.jpg

So now we have:

Stormtroopers
Sandtroopers
Snowtroopers
Scout Troopers
Shoretroopers
Patrol Troopers
Range Troopers
Death Troopers
Incinerator Troopers
Painting and Decorating Troopers

Arghhh! Paint in the eye! I hate it when that happens.

108957723_10157360791737344_5158699812204126615_o.jpg

Comical weathering! The hard pass on ancillary Mando figures begin...

They really should have included(With every one of these), three differently-weathered helmets, two differently
-weathered shoulder pads, and two differently-weathered sets of hands. Just so people could mix and match and make two standing side by side look like they had different weathering patterns. As it is, there’s no differentiation between two standing together and it’s laughable how bad their weathering is in these ones(It’s usually great, but this one is just too much).

Back