The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm much more worried with the tone, the written dialogue, I'll be much more worried by the acting style of everybody.

my biggest worry is not the actors, is the producers and writers. look at 2016 ghostbusters. that movie was literally ruined by the script. they could have hired Ben stiller and Jonah hill for that ghostbusters and it would still be terribly written
Same. My biggest worry is that Tolkien’s world will become so watered down it will more closely resemble a GAP ad than Tolkien’s Second Age.

Are there any Wizards in this series?
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Wizards (Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast) don’t come to Middle Earth until about a milenia after the beginning of the Third Age. Though I think the two Blue wizards may have come in the second age. I could be wrong though. lol

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Wizards (Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast) don’t come to Middle Earth until about a milenia after the beginning of the Third Age. Though I think the two Blue wizards may have come in the second age. I could be wrong though. lol
I am not sure but Saruman , Gandalf and Radagast were sent to Middle Earth after the first defeat of Sauron (before he regains his power again)
The Blue Wizards were mentioned twice in Tolkien writings:
1- They were sent in the same time as the other Wizards
2- They were sent after the forging of The One Ring
I am not 100% sure
I really hope we will see The Blue Wizards

It's also been confirmed there will be NO gratuitous Game of Thrones style nudity.

That was the one thing that might have persuaded me to pirate an episode of this disgusting rip-off of a beloved literary masterpiece, but now that I know there won't even be a glimpse of some Elven nips?

JsP8vI.gif

Isn’t one of the main complaints of this series is that they are taking events that span a millennium in the books and condensing them into a weekend lol

Last edited:
It's because they're not being authentic to the source material and intent of Tolkein. It doesn't help when they say that it's natural to have the cast reflect current times, because Middle Earth and 21st Century US/UK are obviously so comparable. The other aspect is that we all know they wouldn't dare do this to an African or Asian equivalent.
After decades of white washing its appropriate if they don't do that anymore. It's been done more than enough.

they are literally doing the reverse lol.
Exactly. You don't make up for white washing by doing the reverse and making everything, including actual history, look like NYC circa-2022. You make sure those roles that used to be white washed are no longer white washed and are authentically cast. Those people who missed out on roles due to white washing in the past aren't being made up to by casting white characters with a non-white now - you're just repeating the wrong in reverse.

Exactly. You don't make up for white washing by doing the reverse and making everything, including actual history, look like NYC circa-2022. You make sure those roles that used to be white washed are no longer white washed and are authentically cast. Those people who missed out on roles due to white washing in the past aren't being made up to by casting white characters with a non-white now - you're just repeating the wrong in reverse.

this is just such a mess, i hope it quietly dies down. i mean, sure, i wish it was great, but in current era and with current amazon at the helm...yeah who knows,
and when people go "this is fiction! they are imaginary fantasy characters! they can be changed!" (like people bring up with little mermaid) i always think, but why cant they make a new mermaid movie with a new story? why cant they do new things that would honor the new characters and honor the audience.

and when people go, "lord of the rings is too white!" i go....then why doeesnt amazon adapt the works of an African American writer? its like amazon tries to be "woke" with some casting while still ignoring the problem,

the hobbit movies left a bitter taste in peoples mouths, and no one even asked for this.... i really dont know what they were thinking. ( maybe it will turn out amazing and very successful, who knows lol)

I agree with John Leguizamo hollywood has been absolutely 100% unequivocally unfair to actors of color their treatment has been nothing short of savage!!!!

Wait…what is this…wait…hold on a second what is this…what…WHAT!!!

WHAT!!!

The # 1 villain in the history of cinema the villain who tops every single top 100 list ever created who starred in the # 1 franchise in the history of cinema…

7DF4FE53-3E79-4D35-8BA0-96063493702B.jpeg

Thank you Hollywood for shutting out actors of color by having the # 1 villain in the history of cinema in the # 1 franchise in the history of cinema played by an actor of color how dare you hollywood lol

John Leguizamo: “IT’S UNFAIR!”

James Earl Jones: “Hold my lightsaber”

Last edited:
I agree with John Leguizamo hollywood has been absolutely 100% unequivocally unfair to actors of color their treatment has been nothing short of savage!!!!

WHAT!!!

The # 1 villain in the history of cinema the villain who tops every single top 100 list ever created who starred in the # 1 franchise in the history of cinema…

View attachment 562191

Thank you Hollywood for shutting out actors of color by having the # 1 villain in the history of cinema in the # 1 franchise in the history of cinema played by an actor of color how dare you hollywood lol

well it was his voice only. not his face.
and the person behind the mask was an albino bald old guy. so it doesn't count lol

Not true his voice is what made Vader since the actor and stunt men were covered up and by an all black costume I might add

Not true his voice is what made Vader since the actor and stunt men were covered up and by an all black costume I might add lol

a better example would be Eddie Murphy. he was giant in the 80s.

ironically enough, about lack of diversity, I can't think of a huge latino star from the 80s or 90s (Antonio Banderas doesn't count)

WHAT!!!

View attachment 562191

I'm assuming you are trying to be funny.

Sorry I can’t take criticism that hollywood discriminates against actors of color seriously when the number one villain in the number one franchise in the history of cinema has the main character played by an actor of color.

Are things perfect of course not one day I will have to die and leave my unaltered SW OT 4k bluray with my wife who will just use it as a coaster for her wine glass :slap

Last edited:
Sorry I can’t take criticism that hollywood discriminates against actors of color seriously when the number one villain in the number one franchise in the history of cinema has the main character played by an actor of color.

Are things perfect of course not one day I will have to die and leave my unaltered SW OT 4k bluray with my wife who will just use it as a coaster for her wine glass :slap

number of latinos in the avengers? zero (gamora is not an avenger)
number of latinos I'm justice league: zero.
there's literally like zero latino superheroes lol.

and Miles Morales is only half latino and barely, he doesn't really embrace any latino roots.

Back