The Last of Us Part I (Remake for PS5 & PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then please use the reported post feature and it will investigated when it happens, sadly we can't see everything so need member participation if a problem arises or someone crosses the line. Its completely anonymous and only mods get them :duff
Having said that, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Xx
As will I. :wave

I watched MKIceAndFire's no commentary playthrough of the Remake yesterday.

Fast forwarded through some of the action and exploring to cut the time down, but watched all the cutscenes and interactions between the characters.

The story never gets old. Still as powerful, and alternately heart warming and heart breaking. The acting is so good.

This morning I started to rewatch TLOU2. With the conclusion of TLOU fresh in the mind, Joel's confession to Tommy is another heart breaking moment with the impossible situation he found himself in. As he leaves after playing the guitar for Ellie there's a moment when you can see that Joel's fully adopted the role of a father again. Yet we know his lie is going to be the undoing of everything.

Still love TLOU2, as I think anything less tragic would've undermined the impossible dilemma of TLOU. Neither of the games had a feelgood ending, because there was the unease at the end of the original based on that lie.

I no longer play games, but I doubt there are many that can captivate you as deeply as this series, or many where the consequences of an action are taken to their logical conclusion (as they likely would in the real world).

I watched MKIceAndFire's no commentary playthrough of the Remake yesterday.

Fast forwarded through some of the action and exploring to cut the time down, but watched all the cutscenes and interactions between the characters.

The story never gets old. Still as powerful, and alternately heart warming and heart breaking. The acting is so good.

This morning I started to rewatch TLOU2. With the conclusion of TLOU fresh in the mind, Joel's confession to Tommy is another heart breaking moment with the impossible situation he found himself in. As he leaves after playing the guitar for Ellie there's a moment when you can see that Joel's fully adopted the role of a father again. Yet we know his lie is going to be the undoing of everything.

Still love TLOU2, as I think anything less tragic would've undermined the impossible dilemma of TLOU. Neither of the games had a feelgood ending, because there was the unease at the end of the original based on that lie.

I no longer play games, but I doubt there are many that can captivate you as deeply as this series, or many where the consequences of an action are taken to their logical conclusion (as they likely would in the real world).
I tried mustering up the courage to replay Part 2 after the remake but just couldn't do it but man I bet it feels so much smoother playing/watching both games back to back and probably ten times more depressing lol.

I saw it, looks terrific...I don't know if I'm yet convinced by the actress playing Ellie, likely because I've yet to see other shows or movies she's been in.
I've heard both Pedro and Bella were in game of thrones.I haven't heard anything else she's been in but from what I saw, I'm sure they will both be great

They are both good actors,but I'd cast someone who looks more like the part. I'm not a fan of nowadays Hollywood standard when companies cast someone who looks nothing like the character,especially Ellie,I'm happy it's HBO and not Netflix. I believe show gonna be good.

Oh boy. Seriously?!? I saw late last night a couple of youtube videos where there were complaints, but that's terrible. Naughty Dog must be fuming, I understand it was a third-party company that did the port.
Actually it was Naughty Dog that did the port, Iron Galaxy was just a support studio.

Actually it was Naughty Dog that did the port, Iron Galaxy was just a support studio.
I was pretty worried when they delayed the date with a month at the last second. Could just tell something was up.

Yet again, the trend of selling broken games continues. It’s why people should stop pre-ordering.

Naughty Dog is a good company I’d be very surprised if they don’t get patches out soon. But with how severe the problems are this won’t be completely fixed overnight. A shame for all the pc players who have waited for 10 years to play this game.

I was pretty worried when they delayed the date with a month at the last second. Could just tell something was up.

Yet again, the trend of selling broken games continues. It’s why people should stop pre-ordering.

Naughty Dog is a good company I’d be very surprised if they don’t get patches out soon. But with how severe the problems are this won’t be completely fixed overnight. A shame for all the pc players who have waited for 10 years to play this game.
Uncharted on PC is still a mess, I don’t see this getting fixed any time soon.

Interesting. After some updates it runs silky smooth on my steam deck
Same, Uncharted runs smooth on my Steam Deck and even docked to a TV at 1440p FSR it's still good. What we have here with TLOU is a poorly optimized port so I'll hold off getting it until it's fixed (which ND says they're working it). So far virtually anything I've thrown on the Steam Deck runs amazing so I'm hopeful it will be fixed.

Same, Uncharted runs smooth on my Steam Deck and even docked to a TV at 1440p FSR it's still good. What we have here with TLOU is a poorly optimized port so I'll hold off getting it until it's fixed (which ND says they're working it). So far virtually anything I've thrown on the Steam Deck runs amazing so I'm hopeful it will be fixed.
I saw that Steam codes for the game on secondary vendors are already half retail price. The game is now €35 on Kinguin for example. If it keeps going down I might just have to buy the game again for the fourth time lol.

The port might be ****** but I have faith Naughty Dog will atleast release a patch soon that will make it fully compatible with Steam Deck considering they advertised the game as Deck verified. And from what I heard you can tinker with some settings and it’s already playable on deck in it’s current state.

Last edited:
Back