The Last of Us Part I (Remake for PS5 & PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty worried when they delayed the date with a month at the last second. Could just tell something was up.

Yet again, the trend of selling broken games continues. It’s why people should stop pre-ordering.

Naughty Dog is a good company I’d be very surprised if they don’t get patches out soon. But with how severe the problems are this won’t be completely fixed overnight. A shame for all the pc players who have waited for 10 years to play this game.
No studio is 'good' enough to trust blindly. In the end, everyone is money-driven (well obviously considering gaming is now one of the largest entertainment industries unlike 1-2 decade ago). People thought BioWare was great, they thought CDProjektRed was great, until they got Mass Effect Andromeda and Cyberpunk 2077.

Not to appear overly cynical but the best way to not set myself up for disappointment is to reserve all hype and fanboyism and just wait for the game to release.'

Edit: I know ND is patching the game so good on them for doing that but honestly, it's not something I want to applaud. It's like spilling tea over the table and then cleaning it - you're simply cleaning the mess you made. When I pay for a game, I want the complete, fully functioning, minimal issue package. I shouldn't have to wait a few weeks for a 10+ GB patch and more coming on the way for your game to play better. I know PC ports can be tricky but they are definitely possible to get right. Just look at the Death Stranding port; now THAT is a quality port.

Last edited:
I saw that Steam codes for the game on secondary vendors are already half retail price. The game is now €35 on Kinguin for example. If it keeps going down I might just have to buy the game again for the fourth time lol.

The port might be ****** but I have faith Naughty Dog will atleast release a patch soon that will make it fully compatible with Steam Deck considering they advertised the game as Deck verified. And from what I heard you can tinker with some settings and it’s already playable on deck in it’s current state.
They're already working around the clock on patches. Already gave ETAs on fixes for the more glaring issues, stating that a patch will come Tuesday and another big patch the end of the week. They're not a company who would abandon this with a ****** port. It's just a shame that they released it in the state that they did but I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony pushed them to do so inorder to catch on the hype from the TV show.

3738993E-4DE2-4953-B274-870EF9464945.jpeg

2E3774A3-C03A-4C90-B8D0-AEDC9E996475.jpeg

Day 1 vs update 1.05 on steam deck.

Textures on high and the rest is a mix of low and medium settings. AMD FSR 2 on balanced. Getting a steady 30fps and looks fantastic.

This game is finally fixed. Glad I waited for a bit.

I've been playing since 1.0.4 and it seems pretty good now
Have not crashed once in 6 hrs of play time

I've been following this on Steam since release. A gut instinct told me not to pre-purchase, and I'm glad I didn't. I knew there would come a time when my current rig wouldn't be man enough to run a new game, and that time is now. I have a new PC ready to go, but, I don't have room for it now and I'll build it when I move. It will have a 2080ti FE in it, people think I'm crazy, but, I don't care, it will run the games that I want to play. I couldn't care less what 'everyone else' is doing, I know what I like and will stick to it.

A lot of issues that people have had are from them not setting their PC's up properly (I'm guilty of this myself!) and other games being more forgiving. Some are definitely game related though, but, the devs seem to be ironing things out. In the 'I want it now!' climate we seem to be in, they just don't get the necessary time to properly work on things. As with waiting for figure releases, you just have to be patient.

Maybe,

It's very hard to give a definitive answer to that question. Some people have said it's been good since day one and others have said it's still a hot mess. It depends very much on your set up and how well set up it is. If you have a beefy CPU and GPU and 32gb of RAM, you 'should' be able to run it. Best advice for now is to wait and see what else they do with it. You may feel inclined just to throw caution to the wind and get it, and all I can say is "Good luck!".

I am playing on a ryzen 5 3600 + rtx 3080 10 gb at 1440p resolution with mixture of settings and average around 60 fps, quite playable but some areas for example heavy rain it drops the fps down to like mid 40s, overall game is very playable in my experience

Doesn't sound bad, but, mileage varies. Someone else with the self same setup may experience worse, with crashes and sometimes not being able to launch the game at all. That's the thing with PC's, they're all so different whereas PS5's are more or less identical. Naughty Dog look to be using their own engine and software, which hasn't always played nice with the way Windows PC's do things. A lot of others use off the shelf engines like Unreal which work well with PC's. This has been quite a learning curve.

I haven't seen a great improvement with framerate, but they've greatly improved the building shaders, used to take 25 minutes on my gaming PC and now takes 5. There were a lot of issues related to building shaders initially so that helps people a lot. Other various bugs have also been fixed.
I'd say it's very playable now but just be warned it can take quite a lot of power to run with everything turned up.

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting till I've moved and got my new PC built before I get a copy. It may even be in a Steam sale by then!

Well, if your PC can handle it, fair enough. I doubt mine can and I think my CPU and SSD are on their way out anyway. I have to limit what I do on this rig.

Actually, Part 2 is getting a PS5 remaster so it's likely that we'll also get that version on PC. Hopefully they'll know what they're doing this time.....

Actually, Part 2 is getting a PS5 remaster so it's likely that we'll also get that version on PC. Hopefully they'll know what they're doing this time.....
Lmao the franchise has more remasters/remakes than actual games. Not a bad thing for sure, but I just wishes ND would focus on a new IP or something other than releasing ports and "remakes". Especially considering TLOU 2 is just 3 years old.

I know. It's a good game and I do like it, but, it didn't live up to what had built around it. I'm not sure I'll bother with the HBO show. I can take it or leave it right now. I think Sony think it'll help shift PS5 Pros if they have a good game to go with it that makes the most of the capabilities of the console.

I'd been sitting on Last of Us Part 1 since last summer when I got a PS5, and the recent release of Part 2 Remastered was the inspiration I needed to finally give these a shot. I hadn't played the first entry since it's initial release on PS3, and was familiar with all the furor over Part 2.

It was really a treat to play them back to back, with how consistent they were. Typically between sequels you sort of have the adjustment period where you get used to new controls or new gameplay elements, so playing these was pretty fun. Of course, the graphics were amazing, but it was one of those seamless things where you don't really notice.

So yeah, Part 2 ... I think I understand why people were upset, I only care a little bit about it, but that was like MGS2 levels of deception in terms of playable content. I guess my chief complaint was that things like the Birthday flashback chapter were so amazing, playing the last half of the game as Abby sort of wiped my memory of all those chapters playing as Ellie. I ended up finishing the game at 4 in the morning after an all-nighter play session (which is a pretty rare occurrence), so I was left feeling pretty raw and numb after it, physically and mentally, hah.

Probably the most gripping story I've watched/played/consumed, in a long-ass time. Season 2 (and 3??) of the show is going to hit like crack. Really interested to see how they adapt the material.

Between Ghosts of Tsushima and the Last of Us games, I need a game that's just fun and enjoyable. It's weird being emotionally drained playing a video game. And FF7 Rebirth is coming up soon ... I don't think my heart can take it.

I'm kicking myself for skipping the PS4. I'm still going back and playing PS4 gen games on my PS5, and I realized I missed so many great games. But at least now I don't have to be frustrated by all the "remakes and remasters" this gen. It's all new to me. :)

Back