The Last of Us Part I (Remake for PS5 & PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played till the meeting with Tommy.Playing like 1 hour daily so I can extend the joy. There are so many improvements it truly makes the game complete. That basement level just got scarier with the additional sounds, I just run away and never look back, this time I actually felt something was running behind me step to step, was terrifying lol

P.S. I'd love to have Tommy figure. Truly love the character and happy he stays alive till the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows the 3D audio in this? The 3D audio was amazing in Returnal but I basically couldn't tell it was even there in Horizon 2, so I'm just curious where this one falls.

Played till the meeting with Tommy.Playing like 1 hour daily so I can extend the joy. There are so many improvements it truly makes the game complete. That basement level just got scarier with the additional sounds, I just run away and never look back, this time I actually felt something was running behind me step to step, was terrifying lol Honestly all these feelings have no price for me,definitely worth of 70$ if you care, if you don't just move on.

P.S. I'd love to have Tommy figure. Truly love the character and happy he stays alive till the end.

Glad you're enjoying it. I've watched playthroughs, I always do that with big titles, just to make sure there's nothing that's going to frustrate me when I come to play it. I remember enjoying the remake of Resident Evil 2, until Leon got trapped by the alligator and you had to get Sherry past Chief Irons. I couldn't do either and rage quit! Thankfully there don't look to be any moments like that in TLOU or the sequel. It's pretty much guaranteed there'll be a PS5 and PC version of the sequel now.

Shaddap you lot, I'm tryna watch the movie.

I just reached Tommy's place. I think after I finish this game I'll replay the second game. I do hope they'll make a part 3, no clue where they would take the story though.

Shaddap you lot, I'm tryna watch the movie.

I just reached Tommy's place. I think after I finish this game I'll replay the second game. I do hope they'll make a part 3, no clue where they would take the story though.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

How old Ellie taking care of a little boy mirroring her relationship with Joel? Lol

Part 3 is YEARS away, so it really doesn’t matter. That’s how Naughty Dog works. They wait until they know how to harness the power of the current generation console before putting a game out. TLOU/Uncharted 3 came out at the end of the lifecycle for PS3 and TLOU2 came out at the end of the lifecycle for PS4. Uncharted 4 was also a few years into the PS4 cycle and Naughty Dog took a lot of steps forward in what they were capable of in that game.

Point being, even if they didn’t put Part 1 out they still wouldn’t be working on Part 3. I kind of expected them to make another Uncharted game before they get to work on Part 3 with all the new eyes on the franchise right now to be honest.

Ellie’s story is definitely not over lol The Last of Us is literally her story.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But who knows, part 2 came out no one could tell what the story was going to be so they could very well surprise us again.

Part 3 is YEARS away, so it really doesn’t matter. That’s how Naughty Dog works. They wait until they know how to harness the power of the current generation console before putting a game out. TLOU/Uncharted 3 came out at the end of the lifecycle for PS3 and TLOU2 came out at the end of the lifecycle for PS4. Uncharted 4 was also a few years into the PS4 cycle and Naughty Dog took a lot of steps forward in what they were capable of in that game.

Point being, even if they didn’t put Part 1 out they still wouldn’t be working on Part 3. I kind of expected them to make another Uncharted game before they get to work on Part 3 with all the new eyes on the franchise right now to be honest.
I could've sworn I read somewhere that the story for Part 3 was already close to being finished? But that they weren't actually getting started on making it into a game yet.
Probably fine tuning the story or something. Possibly even trying to figure out how to make it worse than the last one. lol
But yeah, my guess is ND will be trying to bring out another Uncharted first. Assuming it'll still be called Uncharted.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that the story for Part 3 was already close to being finished? But that they weren't actually getting started on making it into a game yet.
Probably fine tuning the story or something. Possibly even trying to figure out how to make it worse than the last one. lol
But yeah, my guess is ND will be trying to bring out another Uncharted first. Assuming it'll still be called Uncharted.
I think the story being finished was just a rumor, nothing official was ever said as far as I know. I do know they said they have a story outline so they're working on that much, but I'm sure they started outlining ideas while they were still working on Part 2.

Either way, if pre-production hasn't even started yet, it'll probably be a solid 4-5 years before Part 3 comes out. It took 7 for Part 2 to hit, and it's not like that was an anomaly, the big games that come out polished take a long time. It was 8 years for Red Dead 2 and 5 years for Horizon Forbidden West, for example.

I think the story being finished was just a rumor, nothing official was ever said as far as I know. I do know they said they have a story outline so they're working on that much, but I'm sure they started outlining ideas while they were still working on Part 2.

Either way, if pre-production hasn't even started yet, it'll probably be a solid 4-5 years before Part 3 comes out. It took 7 for Part 2 to hit, and it's not like that was an anomaly, the big games that come out polished take a long time. It was 8 years for Red Dead 2 and 5 years for Horizon Forbidden West, for example.

I would be great if they've already thought of the whole multi-game story arc in advance. I had no clue the story in LOU2 would presented in the way it was. I'd heard about the 'big' spoiler and knew it was set in Seattle but nothing else. I played more of LOU1 remake last night and I'm enjoying how it connects aesthetically to the second game.

I don't know why people think Naughty Dog is just sitting on their asses doing nothing, they've been working on the standalone Factions game that will be launching next year and it's meant to be a huge game, they've also teased several times they're working on a new IP which is rumored to be fantasy based and there's been several insiders who've said there's a new Uncharted in the works, The Last of Us Part 1 was mainly done so they can get used to the PS5 hardware and experiment with it's tools so they can apply what they learned to future games.

Regarding Part 3, it's not coming any time soon, Neil Druckmann has confirmed there's a finished script outline but that's about it, Part 2 took 7 years to come out so I wouldn't expect to see Part 3 until 2026-2027, I think one of the main reasons the first game has been remade is that they want it to be a trilogy and bundle all 3 games in one package after it's all done, with the same realistic graphics and smooth gameplay across all 3 titles.

Despite my disappointment with the direction Part 2 took I'm very interested to see where they take Ellie's character and hoping a redemption is in store for her, but what I really want is for Part 3 to be HER game, they've been saying that The Last of Us is her story but the first game was mainly about Joel and then Abby stole her spotlight in Part 2, Ellie deserves better.

Adoptedscot has deleted the recent series of argumentive posts.

Bear in mind the manner with which you express your opinions.

As per the Code of Conduct:
With all due respect there have been a lot more confrontational and argumentative posts in this thread than what was recently posted regarding opinions about the game's story.

With all due respect there have been a lot more confrontational and argumentative posts in this thread than what was recently posted regarding opinions about the game's story.
Then please use the reported post feature and it will investigated when it happens, sadly we can't see everything so need member participation if a problem arises or someone crosses the line. Its completely anonymous and only mods get them :duff
Having said that, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Xx

I think the Abby story is done tbh, it served its purpose for the message of the second game.

Hopefully part 3 takes place years later and Ellie is much older, if she’s back at all. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new lead come in and Ellie to be a smaller role or something. There’s only so much survival and death we can experience with her, i think her story arc came full circle very nicely by the end of 2.

Back