The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirty enough to crinkle Belloq's nose! What did you use to seal the jacket before repainting, Timemeddler?

If you just seal the parts of the jacket that are peeling with the matte varnish, will it be very obvious or will clear matte varnish blend pretty well?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It should be pretty much invisible once it's dry.
Great thanks, the one ive got coming in has some of the infamous cuff flaking, So just want to protect that area from getting worse once it gets in.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ok... Just got this off of ebay.. Everything looks to be in good shape... What is the best thing to use for sealing the cuffs before they start to fall apart?

Is there any other part of the Jacket I should seal... Will sealing the whole thing be a good idea or will that make it look weird?

Just want to make I can be proactive.. I had this piece before and ended up with those issues.

Thanks is advance.

Ok... Just got this off of ebay.. Everything looks to be in good shape... What is the best thing to use for sealing the cuffs before they start to fall apart?

Is there any other part of the Jacket I should seal... Will sealing the whole thing be a good idea or will that make it look weird?

Just want to make I can be proactive.. I had this piece before and ended up with those issues.

Thanks is advance.

I used Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish.

Personally, I would seal the whole jacket, even if I didn't intend to re-paint it. It will dry with a matt finish and should be pretty much invisible anyway. I dug out a photo of what mine looked like after I sealed it but before I painted it. Here you go:

image.jpeg

Oh, and if anyone is interested in that dark brown whip that you see at Indy's feet, then drop me a PM.

I also have the original gun-belt & holster if anyone needs to replace their's.

I used Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish.

Personally, I would seal the whole jacket, even if I didn't intend to re-paint it. It will dry with a matt finish and should be pretty much invisible anyway. I dug out a photo of what mine looked like after I sealed it but before I painted it. Here you go:

View attachment 284977

Thanks so much... Did you just use a brush?

INDY IS BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Used the Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish that Timemeddler suggested and it went on and dried very well. You can't tell that it was put on... Don't think I will paint the jacket like he did (want to leave well enough alone) but hopefully the Varnish will prevent any flaking.

Thanks again to Timemeddler for his help in sealing the jacket.

Back