The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INDY IS BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Used the Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish that Timemeddler suggested and it went on and dried very well. You can't tell that it was put on... Don't think I will paint the jacket like he did (want to leave well enough alone) but hopefully the Varnish will prevent any flaking.

Thanks again to Timemeddler for his help in sealing the jacket.

You're very welcome, my friend :hi5:

Hi,guys!
I repainted my "Pursuit of the Ark" Statue. The image of original was found out from other guy's web site. Thanks. IMG_8255.JPGIMG_8277.JPGIMG_8297.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ideaLooks great! Indys hurting there, no doubt about it.
I have this too, the tail of the horse should push in further to pick up with the magnet i think

For those of you who have used the Vallejo Matte Varnish, how flexible is it? Does it crack? I want to use this method to fix parts of the leather jacket on my Terminator 1 PF where the jacket was sticking to the sculpt and 'seal' it so that it doesn't stick anymore.

For those of you who have used the Vallejo Matte Varnish, how flexible is it? Does it crack? I want to use this method to fix parts of the leather jacket on my Terminator 1 PF where the jacket was sticking to the sculpt and 'seal' it so that it doesn't stick anymore.

It's great, still stays flexible. No issues with my PF Indy.

Just reviving this thread. A question for timemeddler. Does the varnish take a while to harden? I applied this yesterday to the jacket on my Terminator 1 PF and it feels tacky now where I applied it, even after 24 hours. I just brushed it on in thin coats...did probably 2 coats. Did I do something wrong, or should I give it more time?

Just reviving this thread. A question for timemeddler. Does the varnish take a while to harden? I applied this yesterday to the jacket on my Terminator 1 PF and it feels tacky now where I applied it, even after 24 hours. I just brushed it on in thin coats...did probably 2 coats. Did I do something wrong, or should I give it more time?

As far as I can remember, it dried fairly quickly, i.e. within a few hours.

As far as I can remember, it dried fairly quickly, i.e. within a few hours.

Thanks mate. It does appear to have dried, it's just that it's slightly tacky, which is a little frustrating. Might just be the way it reacts to the material on the jacket of the Terminator PF. I'm going to rub a small amount of renaissance wax over it to remove the tackiness.

Just got my Premium Format Indy today (exclusive edition)!!! Love this thing(my first and probably only PF, lol)

28dc2af7bf28f3ed07958c48fb44634e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finally coated the jacket with 303 protectant, but theres a crack in the jacket near the forearm. Any recommendations to seal it and stop the crack from spreading? I spent 20 minutes carefully cleaning the jacket and overall, I'm lucky. I don't need to seal the whole thing. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back