The Fellowship etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys. This line is 'for the moment' dead. The horrific sales of Frodo and Sam, have halted this line in it's tracks. You will be lucky as hell if you get 2 more hobbits. I'd honestly be surprised to see this line continue with the poor sales it's seen so far.

And this is not my opinion, but that of someone deep in the know with Sideshow.
I wonder if this means that Gandalf will be cancelled?

They won't cancel Gandalf! They would still need to recoup some of their costs developing him. Plus, who doesn't want a 1/6 Gandalf?!

Sorry guys. This line is 'for the moment' dead. The horrific sales of Frodo and Sam, have halted this line in it's tracks. You will be lucky as hell if you get 2 more hobbits. I'd honestly be surprised to see this line continue with the poor sales it's seen so far.

And this is not my opinion, but that of someone deep in the know with Sideshow.

Who is "deep in the know with Sideshow"?? They're not a big company. Do you really have to protect someone, why can't they just post here and say "Sorry, sales don't justify further production". Sounds like a bunch of rumours and hearsay to me.

You may be speaking the truth, but just be more honest about it, the whole "I know something you don't know and my brother's girlfriend met a guy at Burger King who works for Sideshow who said the LOTR line is dead" is getting really old at this point.

Who is "deep in the know with Sideshow"?? They're not a big company. Do you really have to protect someone, why can't they just post here and say "Sorry, sales don't justify further production". Sounds like a bunch of rumours and hearsay to me.

You may be speaking the truth, but just be more honest about it, the whole "I know something you don't know and my brother's girlfriend met a guy at Burger King who works for Sideshow who said the LOTR line is dead" is getting really old at this point.

Mmmmmmmm.....cheeseburgers. :wacky

Highly improbable that SS will get the license for Hobbit...at least initially. Weta is in neck-deep with the movies (also Jackson is a partner in the company); they're not going to give anybody the initial statues, weapons, helms, etc., license until they want to move on to other things themselves (as they did with LOTR).

SS really didn't have to go out and get the 1/6 or the dio or PF line. They had plenty of other franchises in their stable. Star Wars alone would have been plenty. Granted, if they didn't think there was some profit still to be made from LOTR, they wouldn't have done it. Now, the majority of the collector base have moved away from LOTR into the next latest/greatest so all of us die-hards are facing less products and eventually, SS will have to move on as well. It's a reality that we must face. As for Faramir.......I truly believe they got him out first because they LISTENED to all the crying we did when Weta ended their LOTR involvement without finishing up the major secondary characters (Haldir, Eowyn bust, Denethor, and Faramir) -- especially Faramir. Whether he was a home run is immaterial IMO, SS listened.

well i hope this line isn't dead yet!

i am surprised that the hobbits aren't sold out. I have a feeling the price has something to do with it. they are fantastic figures but yeah $70 plus shipping for a 9" figure seems high especially when you go into the line with Strider at less then that.

You would think if somebody was going to get just one figure from the line it would either be frodo or gandalf so those not being completely sold out probably makes them question which figures could sell ___ amount at ___ price.

This being my favorite line I don't want to see it die but I can understand SS might be frustrated that they aren't selling out quickly. They should have tried to put a couple more out sooner. If people had 10 figures in hand instead of 6 (4 before they got the hobbits) they'd probably be more apt to keep buying. It's hard to keep all but the most enthused fans excited when only one or two figures come out a year.

I'm going to not buy anything else LOTR until they announce more 12" from the Fellowship!

Another week and the drought continues...I hope that the rumors of this line ending are simply rumors. I eagerly wait for each newsletter to see that LOTR will again be offered, and I won't give up hope!

Back