The Expanding Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget space. There is enough interesting things on this planet. Like we're going to travel that far out anyway.

Not sure where to put this one. Maybe the Marvelous thread but this is more theoretical? Crazy how they comes up with dimension this high. Old vid though.

The biggest question (or one of) is what is dark matter and dark energy constituting 24% and 71% mass of the universe and mass and energy respectively. Atoms only constitute 4% of the universe. We know some but, we know so little.

Humans aren't the "highest evolved" form of life. There is no highest evolved. We simply got lucky enough to have developed an anatomy and physiology that allowed us to manipulate the environment and it was beneficial in our species to invest energy toward growing big brains.

Sharks basic plan has worked for 100 million years. Squid and mantis shrimp have more complex and discerning eyes. Hagfish can barely see but it is efficient for them as they don't need it and developing them further would be a waste of resources. It worked for them. Cheetahs the fastest land animal, much faster than us.

There is complexity but evolution is just a process. It's what works in what niche. Surely sharks would seem more "evolved" than us surving 100 million years than humans measly 2.

And I might add with nuclear proliferation and climate change there is an excellent probability sharks will be around after humans have destroyed one another and the planet; well,....I know... at least, roaches, will survive us.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Human consciousness has a broader range than any other animal on the planet. Conceptual awareness is what allows us to deal with information beyond the limits of our senses, something which no other animal is able. The rub is that using a human mind is voluntary; you don't have automatic knowledge the way animals do, so you lack the infallibility of instinct to guide your life.

Yes, simpler animals have an easier time surviving. If survival is your standard, then I wish you well in your admiration of cockroaches. Dare to dream.

Back