The DREDD thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some work done on my Dredd.

26E95EA9-B858-46BC-9A2B-14816AEC45D8-7833-000004744BF736DA.jpg

442EF039-499D-4ACA-A285-DBE5E9536913-7833-0000047450BBF26F.jpg

Lookin' GOOD!! That's coming along really well! What did you use for the vest?

I've got all your shapeways stuff enroute, will order the holster when you have it ready.

So, we're doing Batman hands and what / whose boots?

Again, looking really nice! Look forward to starting mine!

Lookin' GOOD!! That's coming along really well! What did you use for the vest?

I've got all your shapeways stuff enroute, will order the holster when you have it ready.

So, we're doing Batman hands and what / whose boots?

Again, looking really nice! Look forward to starting mine!

I made the vest by hand because I couldn't find anything that was close to accurate. I used batman hands but I know other people used Noland hands.

The boots are crimson guard boots with the tops of German marching boots cut off used for the top.

When is the holster going up?

Ever think about doing the 2 breast plates of the Blades vest from the first movie?
It could help some customizers out who want to convert the HT figure.
Just a thought.

I made the vest by hand because I couldn't find anything that was close to accurate. I used batman hands but I know other people used Noland hands.

The boots are crimson guard boots with the tops of German marching boots cut off used for the top.

Cadaver,

Have simply loved seeing your work on here over the past couple of weeks. Since you're in the zone right now :wink1:, would it be possible for you to look into making a comic book lawgiver if time permits ?

Little WIP update. Will order shins and Lawgiver after the new year.

20121228_193431.jpg

20121228_193453.jpg

Sent from the Monolith.

Guys, anyone seen or heard anything re the 3a dredd that was supposed to be around end of last year? i keep looking but nothing yet....

Guys, anyone seen or heard anything re the 3a dredd that was supposed to be around end of last year? i keep looking but nothing yet....

No new word on it, but its been mentioned as existing so that means it will be out eventually. The 2000ad line doesn't sell well partly because most of threea's demographic don't know what it is haha, and even when I went to Hong Kong, the comic nerds hadn't even heard of Judge Dredd!!! Not even by description. Its mostly Ashley Wood's fondness of the comics that gets them made (and Rufus Dayglo is on board somehow, he designed Ro-Jaws IIRC), but they average at 1 2000ad release per year at the moment. Also bear in mind it will be a comic Dredd, not this movie one!

Also is it me or does the rocco helmet sculpt look a little rough, texture wise? I'll have to crack out the fine sandpaper!

You Guys Are Insainely Talented.
Unbelievable Work..., to say the Least.
Cadavar ... OMG Bro..., OMG ...
What R U guys using for The Helmet ?
I missed that somewheres ...

Also is it me or does the rocco helmet sculpt look a little rough, texture wise? I'll have to crack out the fine sandpaper!

It does, I've bought some sandpaper to cean it up anyway, won't notice it once it has been painted up. Speaking of whcih, I've bought a couple of cans of spray paint if anyone wants theirs painting ? ( when they arrive of course ! :lol )

Odell has a Dredd head and helmet for sale in the commerce section. The armour parts can be picked up at the Shapeways shop.

Inspiration and good karma is as always free here . :)

Yeah i decided not to complete Dredd...with everything on my plate i'm trying to finish up i don't think i would ever get to it. Maybe later....hopefully but it was awesome work done by Rocco....

Shameless plug, I've put up some bits and pieces that may be useful to anyone making their own Dredd.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5185012#post5185012

The black shoulder pads have elastic already attached, they are a nicely made item. I bought 2 sets as I was going to make an Anderson at one point. Ready to have your painted pads stuck onto .

I've also got a spare set of ab armour and a pair of boot armour too if anyone wants a good deal on a set .

Last edited:
I got my Dredd and Anderson heads last night and they are just awesome! I'm hoping to get lots of work done on these this weekend (building not modeling) so I should have some updates.

What are you guys using for your collar guards?

I made mine by hand. I haven't seen anything off the shelf that would work.

When is the holster going up?

Ever think about doing the 2 breast plates of the Blades vest from the first movie?
It could help some customizers out who want to convert the HT figure.
Just a thought.

It's going up as soon as I get the model done. I haven't had any time to work on anything.

I can do the breast plates. I don't have the Blade figure so sizing would be hard. It looks pretty simple to do.

Cadaver,

Have simply loved seeing your work on here over the past couple of weeks. Since you're in the zone right now :wink1:, would it be possible for you to look into making a comic book lawgiver if time permits ?

Thanks!

I could look into this. I'm not sure when. I want to finish Dredd and Anderson before committing to anything.

Back