The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had both. The recast is better than the original. The size is better and the color is a perfect fit with the TTM 19.
Better not let them hear you say that on that 'other' thread. You'd be banished / excommunicated / flayed alive / beheaded (delete as appropriate).

Think ive lost interest in my fig, if anyone is interested pm me. I only have whats on the pic. Needs padding on the stomach for more accuracy and the tank top started to tear under the armpit when I put it on.

20150730_113813_resized.jpg

20150730_114059_resized.jpg

20150730_114116_resized.jpg

Wothout having bought any of the two, it is kind of respectless how you guys behave in the last few posts. Buy your recast, be happy with it, maybe even prefer it, but out of respect for the artist of the original, at least keep your opinion for yourself. Sometimes it is just the better way to stay calm. :duff

Wothout having bought any of the two, it is kind of respectless how you guys behave in the last few posts. Buy your recast, be happy with it, maybe even prefer it, but out of respect for the artist of the original, at least keep your opinion for yourself. Sometimes it is just the better way to stay calm. :duff
Surely the whole point of these forums is to have an opinion and be free to express it. If you don't agree with someone's viewpoint fine, but don't try to silence them for that reason.

Is that the original, very expensive, hand crafted, limited edition MJ Choi headsculpt or is it the recast from ebay that is identical and a better size and a better skin tone for only $30?

:dunno

Oh, that's right. It's the good one.

:)

lol, I knew there would be one!

I agree with you to a point but that should work both ways, I posted a pic of my HS on the MJ thread and granted I should have thought twice about the title of the thread which I wasnt thinking but I think I posted a pic because someone asked about the ebay sculpt and figured I would help. I got so many rude responses and at that time I really didnt know it was such a "bad thing" to buy recasts but a simple "hey this is not the place for that" would have sufficed. And I believe someone did act cordial which I realized the thread I was in, and I agree it was my bad, but it wasnt done in malice. But still the way most act is petty and ridiculous.
But back to my response, they dont keep the're opinions to themselves about buying recasts, so I think its fair game for someone to have an opinion about the original....which I think looks great but this isnt a "must have fig" for me so this purchase was easy for me.

Surely the whole point of these forums is to have an opinion and be free to express it. If you don't agree with someone's viewpoint fine, but don't try to silence them for that reason.

If you equal expressing your opinion freely with treating other people respectless, you should better auit the board. Always try to stay respectfull. Try to imagine the board is a bar and we are all having a beer together. Would you want to be treated that way? :duff
I really dont care if you buy a recast or not. If you are happy with it fine. But there is no need to mock about MJ and the original just because you are happy with your product. Fact is recasts are not everbodys darling over here but in a conversation like this DH custom thread they seem to be tolerated in a certain way, yet you wouldnt hurt yourself by simply being less offensive and more sensitive with this topic.
Once again, sometimes it is just the better behaviour to not express your opinion. :duff

I agree with you to a point but that should work both ways, I posted a pic of my HS on the MJ thread and granted I should have thought twice about the title of the thread which I wasnt thinking but I think I posted a pic because someone asked about the ebay sculpt and figured I would help. I got so many rude responses and at that time I really didnt know it was such a "bad thing" to buy recasts but a simple "hey this is not the place for that" would have sufficed. And I believe someone did act cordial which I realized the thread I was in, and I agree it was my bad, but it wasnt done in malice. But still the way most act is petty and ridiculous.
But back to my response, they dont keep the're opinions to themselves about buying recasts, so I think its fair game for someone to have an opinion about the original....which I think looks great but this isnt a "must have fig" for me so this purchase was easy for me.

Totally understand where you are comming from. I also remember your discussion in the MJ thread. People were pretty muchon heat and you were the unlucky one where they have unloaded it. Yet just because they treated you wrong (and they did) it is not allright to treat MJ this way. But we agree in general. This is the DH custom thread and should be a fun thread. Personally I enjoy Bats&Jokes pictures as much as I distaste his "the good one comment". The pictures add something positive to this thread. But is it really neccessary to mock about the original. It causes nothing but heat. (@Bats&Jokes :duff )

Try to imagine the board is a bar and we are all having a beer together. Would you want to be treated that way? :duff
Once again, sometimes it is just the better behaviour to not express your opinion. :duff

Is this imaginary bar the kind of place where you're okay to express your opinion, but only if it doesn't potentially challenge other people's point of view? If so, it would make for some pretty dull conversations.

There's quite a difference between challenging other's people point of view and literally mocking the ones who paid the artist to create the original work without which the recast he's so fond of would not have been possible.

There's quite a difference between challenging other's people point of view and literally mocking the ones who paid the artist to create the original work without which the recast he's so fond of would not have been possible.
Agreed. But what I challenged the poster on was not the content of the post/s, but the individuals right to make them. No-one should be told they shouldn't express an opinion. You can only agree, disagree or debate that opinion, hopefully with the sense of perspective and humour that comes with realising that you're a group of adults essentially discussing high priced dolls.

Agreed. But what I challenged the poster on was not the content of the post/s, but the individuals right to make them. No-one should be told they shouldn't express an opinion. You can only agree, disagree or debate that opinion, hopefully with the sense of perspective and humour that comes with realising that you're a group of adults essentially discussing high priced dolls.

You need to learn to differ between "expressing your opinion" and "offending/mocking about people".

Example: A thinks (=opinion) that B is an *******. Yet he shouldnt tell him (=offending) without any reason. This behaviour has something to do with good education and respect towards others.

On this topic: enjoy your recast, I really dont mind, but dont behave like B. Out of respect to the others keep your opinion that the recast is the better one either for yourself or (if you really think that it is that important) express it in a respectfull way. Sensible topics have to be treated with care. :duff

Hope you got my point now, but honestly I think you got it from the very beginning.

Last edited:
Back