The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any comment has the potential to offend, depending on a person's point of view and how they choose to view that comment. For example, I could interpret your statement above to imply that my comments are disrespectful and that you believe I am lacking in education. Which may have been your intention. I just choose to disagree with you. And that's the bottom line. Your opinion in no more valid than mine and vice versa.

Jokes&Bats and matj007 you both got a really good deal and should be very happy -- but you should also stop rubbing it in other members faces (even if you simply feel compelled to respond). You're not going to make anyone who paid $250 for that head feel any better about it by pointing out the world of knock-offs.

This debate has been raging for eternity and I don't see it ever ending, whether here or in art or in music or in fashion or in anything.

I just want to see some awesome McClane figures. Marf's recent project -- and all this head stuff -- has actually gotten me back to wanting to complete my own 12-year-in-the-making McClane. Now if I could just find the right tank top/singlet.

Jokes&Bats and mat007 you both got a really good deal and should be very happy -- but you should also stop rubbing it in other members faces (even if you simply feel compelled to justify yourself). You're not going to make anyone who paid $250 for that head feel any better about it by pointing out the world of knock-offs.

This debate has been raging for eternity and I don't see it ever ending, whether here or in art or in music or in fashion or in anything.

I just want to see some awesome McClane figures. Marf's recent project -- and all this head stuff -- has actually gotten me back to wanting to complete my own 12-year-in-the-making McClane. Now if I could just find the right tank top/singlet.
I have never made a comment 'rubbing people's faces in it', as you put it. I unsubscribed from that other thread as people over there appeared unable to accept, entertain or take on board a viewpoint that isn't there own.

Alright, so now to the business at hand: anyone recommend a good tank top? The one I used to think was good is pretty dated now after 3-4 years.

The tank is the only piece I really need to finish this puppy up. I like Jokes&Bats t-shirt but I think he made that one.

Alright, so now to the business at hand: anyone recommend a good tank top? The one I used to think was good is pretty dated now after 3-4 years.

The tank is the only piece I really need to finish this puppy up. I like Jokes&Bats t-shirt but I think he made that one.
I've used the Magic Cube vest on both my McClane's. It's good quality at a low price, though you'll probably need to stretch it a bit as its initially very tight on the body.

I've used the Magic Cube vest on both my McClane's. It's good quality at a low price, though you'll probably need to stretch it a bit as its initially very tight on the body.

Yeah, I've had my eye on that one. Likely the best option out there right now. The thing I don't like is the material bulks up on the shoulder straps. Also not sure if its cotton -- which would making stretching it out a lot easier.

Yeah, I've had my eye on that one. Likely the best option out there right now. The thing I don't like is the material bulks up on the shoulder straps. Also not sure if its cotton -- which would making stretching it out a lot easier.

Please, please, please don't go for that Magic Cube one - everyone is using it and it is wrong for McClane.

I found some very fine, very light white material and cut my own out using this picture for the shape. I would have a go and see what you can make. I am no customiser whatsoever, but I went through every page on ebay looking for one and I didn't find anything suitable so I thought cutting my own out might be an option.

Yeah, they don't sit particularly flush to the shoulder, but I don't think you could stretch out that area of the vest to lessen it.
60ec5f6aa0b969cdd5f9fc27b497e317.jpg
c0f618b3f3e639ec30adcf88b63de45f.jpg

I think Jokes may be right -- I may have to build one out of t-shirt material. At least if I screw it up in the painting I can just make another one. :)
I think if you're going for 100% screen accuracy, it's the only way to go.

Got my McClane head today, so I decided to make a quick kitbash.. Far from finished, and 100% screen inaccurate.. XD

ucewiyis_zpsrafgcv4e.jpg

Daaaaaamn it!!!! just looking at this pic just reminded me I ordered the watch last month and never received it. Uhhhg I think its probably too late to do anything about it. But nice pic

Back