The DCAU thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's pretty cool. :lol

I don't own that much in the way of print or art books anymore - just a few comics, a great old vintage Marvel Annual, & a couple of encyclopedia type books based on Batman & Spider-man. Those two have some sensational stuff in them; art, character history etc.

Yeah it can get messy to collect comics, I used to collect but sold most of my collection, just kept my dad's comics from the 60s - 70s (Archie, Marvel and DC) and I only buy trades of my favorite stories now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have the hardcover of both volumes, but I wish I had gotten the Absolute edition of All-Star Superman. That's the one to get. It's HUGE!

1025851.jpg

Wow, that looks chunky.

I remember a while back, I ordered 'The Killing Joke' from a local comic book shop, & the ****ers never got back to me about it.

The only things I'd probably chase down now at some point, are the art of Neal Adams & John Romita Snr - legends. :rock

New trailer for the JL Atlantis movie.

It looks good, but that weird glare/out of focus effect they're using in their last movies is getting out of hand.

That's how I see when I just woke up, do not want, other than that, I'm excited.

JL War's story may've been dumb, but it was a lot of fun.

This one seems it won't be lacking on fun either.

Cyborg: He needs a codename.
Shazam: Well, online they're calling him "Aquaman".
Aquaman: Hate that.
Lantern: Aquaman it is!

Since there's no particular thread to discuss the entirety of the DCAU, I though I'd make one. Dare we say the DCAU is the greatest fictional continuity of all time? I'd like to think so!

TV series:

Batman: The Animated Series
Superman: The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Zeta Project
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

Films:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

14 years of pure greatness. Nothing can beat that. We even saw Batman grow old :monkey2

I have no idea, a youtuber called JaeRoear (does mostly comicbook related news) got this tweeted to him.

The art looks legit and the style also looks consistent with previous movies' cover art style.

Took 'em long enough.

Anyway, BTAS and STAS on blu-ray or GTFO. No reason to care about JL w/o these two.

A high def. version is already available via Netflix, so I don't feel a need to upgrade from the DVDs I bought when they first came out. If I ever did upgrade, it would probably be for Batman: The Animated Series, just because I love the show so damn much. Even though that's pretty unnecessary given the level of raw graininess of that show.

If I ever did upgrade, it would probably be for Batman: The Animated Series, just because I love the show so damn much. Even though that's pretty unnecessary given the level of raw graininess of that show.
Been watchin' it lately again and must say that old aspect ratio and grain makes it even more atmospheric and enjoyable.

Took 'em long enough.

Anyway, BTAS and STAS on blu-ray or GTFO. No reason to care about JL w/o these two.

BTAS, STAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, bring em' all to blu!

Justice League Seasons 1 and 2 are already on BD.

A high def. version is already available via Netflix, so I don't feel a need to upgrade from the DVDs I bought when they first came out. If I ever did upgrade, it would probably be for Batman: The Animated Series, just because I love the show so damn much. Even though that's pretty unnecessary given the level of raw graininess of that show.

I think it's was mentioned somewhere that a show like BTAS would require a truly extensive cleanup, something WB isn't willing to invest money on doing since it's very expensive. Plus there is the ever present debate on whether it would ruin the aesthetics of the show. Like you said, it was meant to be grainy.

The one I really wanna see on blu is Mask of the Phantasm. It's a theatrical movie for God sakes, just release it on blu ray already!

Back