1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Toys...f481536#ht_500wt_1361&clk_rvr_id=308089317363

nelson_muntz_ha_ha.jpg

The Tumbler is the name given to it when Wayne Enterprise first built it. Then because Batman uses it, therefore it's called the Batmobile.

It's never called the Batmobile at any stage - it is the Tumbler dude. No question about that.

If they do a DX of Superman that's me out of collecting Hot Toys.

Personally I have no doubt they'll make a DX, 2 in 1 with Clark Kent

I think this will not be identical but a slightly improved Tumbler.

Nah, it'll be exactly the same.

Well I think that the original will always be worth more!

Time will tell, if this batch comes with more QC issues then maybe. If the QC is fixed then this release will be worth more

Call me crazy but i'm debating picking up another just to have it destroyed and made into the Batpod sequence dio :lol

If Batmobile & Tumbler don't exceed $1000, I could afford them.

If not, I will go only with batmobile'89.

The Batpod was never called the Batpod, either. So I think it's cool to call this the Batmobile.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROmJWb-3wU&feature=related[/ame]
watch at 02:15. :wink1:

All depends on the UK price if I get this, anything above £350 and I'll probably just get the 1989 Batmobile (even if at the moment I want one of these more)

:lecture Ah! That's right. Totally forgot about that line.

Still... I'm with Jedster... once the Tumbler was painted black and part of Batman's arsenal it's reasonable to call it the Batmobile as well.

I mean I know this is the "Nolanverse" and he often likes to ignore the more fantastical elements, but it's still Batman. It's fair to call what he drives the Batmobile, whether it's a sleek sportster, a military "tumbler", or a giant monster truck. And it's been all those things, and more.

Last edited:

Wonder if this will be up for pre-order tonight on SSC?

By agreeing with these large quantity releases, and large re-releases, you are defeating the very purpose of "High-End" collecting

But there's a fundamental misunderstanding in thinking of Hot Toys products as 'high end collectibles'. They're not. Not in the same way as a limited, numbered maquette from Sideshow, or a numbered, licensed replica prop. Yes, Hot Toys items are great quality and highly detailed products, but the company is part of the mass-production toy industry, which is entirely opportunistic, meaning that the stuff will be relaunched and reissued ad infinitum according to perceived demand. These things are run off in batches of thousands on computerised production lines, and they will put as many of them out there as they can make money from. That's the company model.

Those disappointed in reissues should perhaps stick to numbered statues. The rest of us can look forward to relaunches and upgrades to the Tumbler, Robocop, ED-209, Iron Man, and anything else that Hot Toys feels like revamping. That's just how it's going to be, so best to choose one's purchases with that in mind.

What time do they normally go up UK time ?

I wouldn't buy one of these from SS mate, Would cost around the same again in shipping it to the UK :horror

It's massive

Great news, I do another piece! Hope its in the same price range as the first release. I hope the Pod will come next. I ain't gonna miss that one now!

When I think "High-End" I think:

1. Quality & Craftsmanship
2. Price/Value

It really has nothing to do with whether the item is numbered, or limited. That only affects "collectibility" and the secondary market, which many of us often find irrelevant.

I like items that look cool and display as close to "museum-quality" as possible. I don't really care whether or not I'm the only person on the block with it... if its high-end, it's high-end. And most of Hot Toys' products are surely high-end.

What time do they normally go up UK time ?

It'll be this evening after 6pm

I wouldn't buy one of these from SS mate, Would cost around the same again in shipping it to the UK :horror

It's massive

Whilst that may be true it will at least give us an idea of how much the UK dealers will be selling it for

The PredAlien bust only cost me £60 shipped ......... and that is massive ;)

Yeah i got the Destroyer Maquette and other massive items shipped for $25 from SSC.

Hot Toys business model is creating a bubble that I am afraid will burst. It appears they are flooding the market and eventually supply is going to outway demand (if it has not already done so) and in the end consumers will not buy something as a collectible that is going to be depreciated immediately after purchase. Collectors who want any figure will purchase on after market for below MSRP to save their hard earned money and then Hot Toys margins take a dive and they will not be able to support the massive inventories and overhead they have created and we know the rest. We have seen this too many times especially in the not so distant past with the new car market, housing market, consumer electronics market, etc.....

Back