The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Hot Toys would do comic versions of the DC characters. They could make so many characters just using Hush for example. Those Jim Lee designs would blow any movie versions away.

I've been waiting for Hush to appear in a Batman film for ages since reading the Jim Lee version back in my teenage years!

Gary Oldman and Michael Caine loosers ? The Batman Trilogy would not be what it is without these great actors and characters, i wish hot toys make Lucius Fox too. the only thing really incomprehensible it's the absence of Ra's al Ghul.

I believe that DC Collectibles, is/ has reverted back to DC Direct. Sadly the attention to detail that many DC Direct sculpts once had (along with the materials used on the figures), seem to be lacking in many DC Collectibles figures..in my opinion. DC Collectibles figures feel a lot more fragile, than DC Direct figures.

I wish Hot Toys would do comic versions of the DC characters. They could make so many characters just using Hush for example. Those Jim Lee designs would blow any movie versions away.

Hot toys doesn?t do comics. If they did t do marvel they won?t do DC. The only way to do it is to have a video game come out with the costumes like Spider-Man

I hope the Batman Forever figures show up this month. No excuse for them not to since all these movies have been delayed. Just put them up for order already.

mb2942nxd5g41.jpg

Prime1 announced they’re making a Joaquin Phoenix Joker. I guess the movie is being merchandised now, but I could see modern Hot Toys pass on the opportunity. *Actually, I could see them pretend to care and grab the license just so others can’t do it, and sit on it until the sun dies.

I wonder if it’s limited to high-end statues and not “toys”? I know Legacy (or someone) announced that they were making a statue for Joker months ago, so I wonder if Hot Toys just didn’t care at the time.

Maybe Prime1 will put a fire under them like they did with the Arkham statues. I bet they’ll put out some half-assed “We have a Joker in development, too!” post like they did when Sideshow solicited their life sized Baby Yoda.

Prime1 announced they’re making a Joaquin Phoenix Joker. I guess the movie is being merchandised now, but I could see modern Hot Toys pass on the opportunity. *Actually, I could see them pretend to care and grab the license just so others can’t do it, and sit on it until the sun dies.

Killer news!

Not a chance Hot Toys would pass on this!

I suspect this idea that Hot Toys grabs up licenses just so others can't is a fan invention. I doubt a licensor would continue to grant licenses to a company that intentionally does not produce the product.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Prime1 announced they?re making a Joaquin Phoenix Joker. I guess the movie is being merchandised now, but I could see modern Hot Toys pass on the opportunity. *Actually, I could see them pretend to care and grab the license just so others can?t do it, and sit on it until the sun dies.

Psh yea right. The biggest movie of 2019 and the joker at that? Expect 5 figures from HT

Sadly arkham doesn?t have the classic outfits right? I mean no silver age or first appearance. Just beyond. Which they made. Correct me if I?m wrong

Actually, many important comic looks were featured between City, Origins, and Knight?such as the Silver Age costume, Dark Knight Returns, Year One, First Appearance, Batman Beyond, Red Son, and so on.

HT has been able to slip in a lot of comic stuff like the various Spider-Man costumes or War Machine Punisher due to the game licenses...I wonder if DC will have another big game HT could conceivably do stuff for at some point.

They have the Arkham games, but there's no way they'll ever touch comic stuff because it isn't Marvel.

I saw this idea on a thread here, and I had a few minutes to kill between meetings in the home office/batcave, so I did a quick 'kitbash' of the BVS Batman and Arkham City Bats. Looked absolutely great, except the head is not compatible because of that weird adapter thing on the BVS Bats. If i were a braver (or richer) man, I would take the BVS suit off that body, and put it on a regular true type and add the Arkham gauntlets, boots, headsculpt/cape (maybe trunks). But alas, I am neither brave or rich...

I suspect this idea that Hot Toys grabs up licenses just so others can't is a fan invention. I doubt a licensor would continue to grant licenses to a company that intentionally does not produce the product.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Have there been licenses they bought and then didn't make any toys of?

The lack of progress on the Shazam figure sucks (since I was really looking forward to that), but, like a lot of things in this thread, I'd assume Valerian has the simple explanation of the movie itself not being successful. No clue about Prometheus, though. That is more puzzling.

Back