The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it's from the franchise that DC sooo fans dislike, per the usual atmosphere here. /s

Shazam's popularity was a flash in a pan. He'd languish on the shelves of retailers too. If it's not Batman, Superman, or Harley, DC just isn't selling right now. I don't even think the Arkham stuff is going to move the way we want it to such that it motivates more DC sales.

The cultural oomph that DC merch needs is just...not there right now. As unfortunate as that is.

There's an argument to be made about legacy product, but out of all of that, the only viable options are probably the Nolan-verse, Arkham suits, and maybe a new Reeves. But HT isn't even doing much legacy for for Marvel or Star Wars, so I think it'll be just as limited here.

It will be interesting to see if that QMX Wonder Woman is well recieved.

Well I blame DC/WB for this. If they took a marvel approach and believed that these characters sell then they would of had more success. They have no faith in there property, there decisions regarding these characters are very cooperate.

Make superman just as dark as Batman
Shove the dark knight returns and death of Superman into one film while building the JL. It?s silly.

They said they did t think WW and Flash would sell but they have. They are so out of touch with what fans want that they will constantly make Batman films and merch cause they believe he is the only one who works .

Sadly DC has an excellent TV division who also juggled the popular characters with the not so popular and for some reason they do t take inspiration from that at all.

I can?t believe it?s taking them to get flash off the ground. It?s freaking sad. Marvel struck fast and hard in the early 00s and now we have the mcu. DC is just stupid imo and they need to change or they will get bought out

Tbh, the only thing I look forward to at this point is if... no, I'll keep the faith and say when... Zack Snyder's Justice League is released. For the sake of argument, if it does happen and especially if it's relatively successful, we might yet see the following:

ZSJL Black Suit Superman
ZSJL original concept design (!) Steppenwolf
ZSJL Uxas

and admittedly even bigger longshots, but:

ZSJL Green Lantern
ZSJL Martian Manhunter

And it's quite a ways off but I won't lie that I would love to see a line of JSA from Black Adam. Depending of course on how dope the costumes are.

Cyborg is never happening.

Only way Darkseid is getting made is if its from the New Gods movie they're working on, I guess.

Bloody hell. That's five Marvel figures released this month - Rocket, Antman, Hawkeye, Black Widow, War Machine, not to mention the Star Wars releases also. That's pretty much a years turnaround for those figures. Really goes to show that Hot Toys do give priority to Marvel - especially when you compare the pretty much 2 year wait for every DC figure!

Could be to do with the BW film coming out (They want this one to sell, possibly a Hawkeye cameo also?). Either way, shows how fast these can be done, and in that case it being a preference of what they prefer to put out fastest.

DCU deserves it?s fate...

Lots of DC HT figures on eBay for sale.....those impulse buys just not panning out for the long haul collectors....

SS also......The only figure to survive will likely be Harley and Dream Bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hell. That's five Marvel figures released this month - Rocket, Antman, Hawkeye, Black Widow, War Machine, not to mention the Star Wars releases also. That's pretty much a years turnaround for those figures. Really goes to show that Hot Toys do give priority to Marvel - especially when you compare the pretty much 2 year wait for every DC figure!

Could be to do with the BW film coming out (They want this one to sell, possibly a Hawkeye cameo also?). Either way, shows how fast these can be done, and in that case it being a preference of what they prefer to put out fastest.

You mean merchandise from one of the highest grossing movies of all time took precedence over ones not as successful? Shock! Shocked, I am!

DCU deserves it?s fate...

Lots of DC HT figures on eBay for sale.....those impulse buys just not panning out for the long haul collectors....

SS also......The only figure to survive will likely be Harley and Dream Bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only figures that sell for high or that are sold out is the old school dc stuff. The Nolan burton things

Impulse buying can be a crapshoot like that. Nobody wants to spend a bunch of money on something only for it to turn out to be from a film that turned out to be bad or ended up a laughingstock.

I imagine a lot of people bought "DAMAGED" Joker merchandise and then ended up with serious buyer's remorse.

That would be the reason to buy what you really like/love. I don't care how much I liked the movie, Leto Joker would never be a figure I would purchase. Never liked the look. I could hate a movie, but love the look of a character and want the figure. An example for me right now is Palpatine (Sidious), the movie was so so for me but I really liked the look of him in the movie. Batman vs. Superman did nothing for me but loved Knightmare Batman.

Impulse buying can be a crapshoot like that. Nobody wants to spend a bunch of money on something only for it to turn out to be from a film that turned out to be bad or ended up a laughingstock.

I imagine a lot of people bought "DAMAGED" Joker merchandise and then ended up with serious buyer's remorse.

Pretty much. His figures are flooding ebay

Still got my Arkham Asylum Joker, and still think it's in Hot Toys top 5 they've made. The paint work on it and the sculpt itself are spot on.

The only figure I see is the purple suit version. I don't see the tuxedo one for cheaper than $400 anywhere.

I still wish they’d made a Robbie Harley with her Bruce Timm inspired outfit to go with Tuxedo Joker. I would’ve bought it. I really can’t understand why didn’t. They made almost every single look she had in SKWAD but passed on the one that’s most iconic to the character.

JokerHarley.jpg

^Love that shot. Yeah truly a bone head move on Warner bros part. Her outfits have gotten progressively worse too. The Birds of prey costumes were laughably bad.

I haven't seen any news about exclusives; where did you see this?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

They were just posted on Hot Toys’ Facebook. A transparent plastic Iron Man, another Stan Lee, a Whiplash 2.0, and Spider-Man 2099 from the game.

Back