The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't felt compelled to rewatch Joker. Yet I've watched the likes of Man of Steel and BvS a few times each, movies that I'm more actively critical of. I don't know what that says.

Same.

Joker is bleak, ugly and cynical. Very well executed, but it doesn't tell me anything new or show me anything I want to experience again.

MoS is flawed but provides spectacle and excitement.

BvS is IMO a poor film but has atmosphere and spectacle; I don't think I'd watch it again in its entirety but there are set-pieces I find entertaining.

Joker isn't even a Joker movie, or the Joker character. Just a loser with mental health issues. It's a well crafted, well performed film, but not Joker at all... could have been ANYONE.

I'm sure this new TDKR figure will sell fine, I don't think the Bat Pod will sell very well. I also have to say, I really think this is one of the worst designed Batman costumes ever put to film. All those panels and lines... just a terrible looking outfit in real lighting.

batman_dc-comics_gallery_5fca8871243a6.jpg

Joker is very much an else-worlds Joker. I'm very happy we got it. Better to have something new and interesting than well-tread or garbage.

Also I found Joker to be very positive...

In reading the posts in this thread, I'm finding a large number of people that discovered Hot Toys after this line was released and secondary market prices skyrocketed, keeping many from diving into the line. I'm truly happy for them. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that many are running out to pick up "Two-Face" before it sells out.

One aspect that I was thinking about was that unlike the Star Wars line, for example, the TDK line has a beginning and an end, as far as "character" figures go. Most, if not all have already been visited by Hot Toys or by third party manufacturers and thankfully (for my wallet) I'm just about at the end. I really only need an updated Joker (with faux hair) and a "Batman Begins" Batman and I'll be done. Another positive I found is that collectors can count on getting to a certain point and calling it "complete". (for the most part...) The "completist" are happy and the "I just need a couple of figs to represent the trilogy" are happy as well.

I find it incredibly surprising that the Bat Pod price is even comparable to what it initially sold at, years ago! (Would love to see that with the BttF De'Lorean...)

I'm just hoping that the revisits don't end here but that Hot Toys goes back to its roots and brings us updated versions of the "Aliens" Colonial Marines, Jungle Predator and Dutch, "The Terminator" T-800, and "Robo-Cop" figures... Oh, a man can dream... Can you tell that I loved the '80s?...

:wink1:

You may not like Snyder's vision, and thats okay, but you cant ignore the fact that Snyder vision as an creator criative storyteller of a comic book movie is better than Nolan's, and i am not saying that i hate Nolan, i like him, but i would put all of his other movies on top of the Batman trilogy.
Batman Begins is great (but Nolan just rewrite the script from the 90's).
TDK and TDKR are good "Mission: Impossible" movies with Batman skins, they are good but they sucks when you compare to Man of Steel or Watchmen as an adaptation of super-heroes.

Idk about that. I will say that his Batman is far better than bales quitter Batman and feels more like Batman even tho he kills. But I still hate the the dark knight returns inspired stuff

Joker is very much an else-worlds Joker. I'm very happy we got it. Better to have something new and interesting than well-tread or garbage.

Also I found Joker to be very positive...

Pretty much. I enjoyed else worlds joker. We got a ? comic? accurate joker in suicide squad with the stupid toxic chemical plot bleach skin and it was horrible . Batman is all about elseworld stories

You may not like Snyder's vision, and thats okay, but you cant ignore the fact that Snyder vision as an creator criative storyteller of a comic book movie is better than Nolan's

I absolutely can lol. I don't mean that to be rude, but we're in this position we're in right now because clearly many would disagree with this notion that Snyder's take was superior.

One aspect that I was thinking about was that unlike the Star Wars line, for example, the TDK line has a beginning and an end, as far as "character" figures go. Most, if not all have already been visited by Hot Toys or by third party manufacturers and thankfully (for my wallet) I'm just about at the end. I really only need an updated Joker (with faux hair) and a "Batman Begins" Batman and I'll be done. Another positive I found is that collectors can count on getting to a certain point and calling it "complete". (for the most part...) The "completist" are happy and the "I just need a couple of figs to represent the trilogy" are happy as well.
Agreed. I like that TDK (and Burtonverse) isn't an endless drain on resources. I just need a few figures and I'll be happy.

With the Infinity Saga complete, I feel the same about the MCU, hence, I felt it "safe" to start collecting (pretty much just want core 6 from A1 and A4).

Snyder is basically the last person who should work on DC characters because he seems to fundamentally disagree with the premise of virtuous characters and sees superheroes through the lens of Ayn Randian individualism.

I'll watch his Justice League because I'm curious about how fascinatingly awful it's sure to be, but beyond that I hope he never touches a DC property again.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Snyder is basically the last person who should work on DC characters because he seems to fundamentally disagree with the premise of virtuous characters and sees superheroes through the lens of Ayn Randian individualism.

I'll watch his Justice League because I'm curious about how fascinatingly awful it's sure to be, but beyond that I hope he never touches a DC property again.

Sure buddy.

To be fair, Snyder has done some solid work. I really enjoyed Man Of Steel. That said, he?s had some others I really didn?t care for, as well. In the final analysis, it really all comes back to DC. I don?t think they can tell a good movie from a stinker when they first see it.

For whatever reason, DC appears unwilling or unable to fight for the integrity and consistency of their characters. They seem to grant a license for a movie, take the cash, and out it goes. Contrast that with Disney/Marvel who consistently put out good movies and increase the value of their franchise with each successive picture. Do you think for a minute they would allow any of the suicide squad/harley quinn stinkers to see the light of day? Of course not. They know what they have and control it before and during the filming process.

It will always be hit or miss with DC movies until DC choses to actively participate in how their franchise assets are portrayed. It just takes discipline, commitment, and vision from their leadership team, but that may be asking too much.

Just my 2 cents.

I really don't know what is the problem with Snyder that you guys have, he literally did the best Batman (YES ALL BATMAN KILLS IN THE MOVIES) and the best modern Superman. Nolan is so overrated that he could not even make a proper Batman movie after Begins (which he just rewrote the script from 99's Batman Triumphant), he did Mission Impossible with Batman skins in TDK and TDKR.

I absolutely can lol. I don't mean that to be rude, but we're in this position we're in right now because clearly many would disagree with this notion that Snyder's take was superior.

I like Nolan's trilogy but they are overrated, just because they have the name Cristopher Nolan in the credits we all forget his mistakes.
Just see TDK or TDKR, Nolan is cleary limited in the creative adaptation part, Two face does not even make sense as a white knight corrupted since he was always corrupted.
Bane got a whitewashing and became a pawn.
His Joker is actually a character named Anarky from DCcomics.

Pretty much. I enjoyed else worlds joker. We got a ? comic? accurate joker in suicide squad with the stupid toxic chemical plot bleach skin and it was horrible . Batman is all about elseworld stories

Why this was horrible if this is the Joker real origin, in SS the Joker was one of the few things they hit, the problem with the movie was taking a military team to fight a magic user.

[...]

I'm sure this new TDKR figure will sell fine, I don't think the Bat Pod will sell very well. I also have to say, I really think this is one of the worst designed Batman costumes ever put to film. All those panels and lines... just a terrible looking outfit in real lighting.

View attachment 500799

I can see your view, but for me I quite like the suit design as I'm a fan of more 'tactical' suits. Though, come to think of it, in TDKR Batman is out in daylight for the first time in the series so it seemed off putting plus the suit.

View attachment 500799

The lines and panels on the thighs have always seemed unnecessary. Surely only the parts of the body that actually articulate need them. And with that the orientation of the panels at the hips/groin region don't really make sense.

I like Nolan's trilogy but they are overrated, just because they have the name Cristopher Nolan in the credits we all forget his mistakes.

As we all know, Zack Snyder's movies have no questionable or poorly received choices.

Ayn Rand individualism is better than 1930's good because you're innately good.

It's far more interesting and layered for a character like Batman or Superman, who have a lot of hurdles to face, personal and external, and to in the face of trying challenges and scenarios to always CHOOSE the option of being good.

For me a Superman that suffers the very human condition of doubt and uncertainty, for him to choose to continuously do good for those that are even against him is the best ideal that Superman can inspire in people.

I'll take this, however much Snyder may fall short of portraying the characters in the best way possible, over text book golden age superhero garbage, every. Single. Day.

And in actuality I think he did a rather good job of showing this individualism posited against superheroism.

A person seeing a born good, can never do harm character always doing good no matter what isn't going to come away with anything. A person seeing a fallible character who has immense power but suffers in ways that anyone else suffers, but continuously chooses to do the better from any option presented, that's what inspires people. People are accountable for themselves, individualism is great.

Back