The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

People don't enjoy movies any more. They're either total crap, or overrated. Or in the extreme, the best movie ever made.

I think the reason for this is also the fault of the internet, and how movies are made now,
I mean, a lot of the movies coming out are bad, badly done, bad acting, and I don't mean "Oh I hate horror so it sucks" no, what we were talking about before, about horror being pg 13 and sucking,

that is happening with all genres, a lot of movies are just not good, I think there are more bad movies than good ones, good movies are kinda becoming rare now,

I think that's the reason people are starting to be extremists, because when someone likes a movie, since is rare, then they are really excited about it,
while if a movie is not as great, it makes people mad they wasted their time with it,

a great man once said:

I think you need to take a step back and watch the movie.

Stop watching it for problems. If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it.

Christ dude. Either you liked it, or you didn't like it. It's not that complicated.

I loved Prometheus when I saw it. I still do. I've seen the film twice, and heard every single issue as to why the movie sucks. And you know what? It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it. I think it's a flawed but pretty cool movie that pushes the Alien mythos into a new direction.

But since I don't want to hate it, I don't force myself to hate it. I don't grasp onto things I don't like. I grasp onto things I enjoy. And if those things hold up after a second viewing, then I know my stance.

and this is the point, exactly, either a movie is good, or bad, if you like a movie a lot, you won't care about the problems, if you did not like a movie, you are going to find a 100 flaws, you said it yourself,

I love this movie, and I can see why someone wouldn't like it, but to me this was "BEST MOVIE EVAAAAA"

just like the Bourne movies are crap to me, so I find a million flaws,

the only movies I think are crap and I enjoy at the same time are the Transformers movies,they are really bad movies, but they have great visuals,

Was planning on buying this one on blu ray sight unseen, but reviews have been so mixed.

depends what your expecting. It's not a horror movie and the way it was advertised made it seem like that. It's a comedy and quite an original one at that. I personally liked it, I wouldn't buy it but i'd watch it again.

Don't read anyone's opinions. Just watch it neutral. Expect nothing.

Go in almost as blind as you can.

I saw this movie and had mixed emotions from cheesy, corny, bizarre and awesome....but with that being said i did think it was one of the most original movies I have seen in a long time....kept my attention and to others that saw monsters from other movies...I did as well. My lasting impression was that it was a very cool movie!!!

Just finished watching this, and it was freaking awesome! Completely blew away my expectations for a horror flick.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:clap

I can't wait to own this on blu-ray. Only seen it the once at the cinema so really looking forward to a second viewing.

I can't wait to own this on blu-ray. Only seen it the once at the cinema so really looking forward to a second viewing.

Agreed. Will be cool to pause and get a good look at everything on screen. Things were moving way to fast at some points. :lol

Got the HMV steelbook on pre order. :yess:

I've just nearly finished watching firefly for the first time ever also , a shame that got canceled. Great series.

Well I really liked this film BECAUSE of how straight-forward it was and I think making it a "open-to-interpretation-ending" type of film would be dumb because upon multiple viewings I absolutely love all the control room stuff and I even start to feel for the characters the more I watch it. I definitely think this will be a cult classic. It's already my favorite horror film of all time (and no I would not label this as a comedy, because the overall tone of the film IS serious/dramatic with just bits of humor thrown in here and there)

BUT overall it's a great movie can't wait to see it AGAIN even though I just saw it two days ago and a week before that.

It's a comedy. To the very core. The whole movie is hilarious. Especially the premise.

eh, I still wouldn't label it as a comedy. The scenes such as where Jules is killed, The Scholar kid gets killed, Dana screaming at the hell lord, stuff like that I just wouldn't consider being in a comedy movie. It's like Whedon's The Avengers. Had a lot of humor in it like Cabin, but I would not label THAT as a comedy either. Cabin is for the MOST part pretty serious-toned, it's just that it's done so self-aware and over-the-top that it's hilarious, but I still wouldn't consider it a comedy. A comedic horror-satire or something, maybe, but definitely not a comedy.I've seen it 3 times now, and even though the first time I might have labeled it as a comedy, after the third time I can tell you that there are too many scenes that were too dark to justify it being a comedy.

Amazing movie. Clever, satirical, tongue in cheek, original and unique.

What a concept!

We all know and have seen these types of movies and the types of characters in it. So it was great they are so straight up about it paying homage and telling you at the end - this is how it has to be done. Need to sacrifice a slut, jock, nerdy guy, etc etc lol

Haven't read all the posts, but I hope somewhere, someone mentioned EVIL DEAD 1 & 2, when talking about this movie.

I though of that the whole time. The cabin, the cellar, the group of teens, the reading of the latin.

I love those movies and I love this one. Nuff said. :yess:

Back