The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the ending though, I loved all the creatures, I loved the story, I loved the two guys in tie, like i said, it just makes me mad and sad they went with the most genetic less scary killers, their make up wasn't even scary, :monkey2 :monkey2 maybe that was the point, maybe the point is to show how stupid some slashers look?, (like Victor Crowley from Hatchet, horrible slasher) maybe they were making fun of that?, I don't know,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
wow
D3lON.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

wow
D3lON.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

because it's easier to take 20 years of the best horror films and pretend you wrote a movie about how stupid they are thats better, then to come up with something original.

I like this film because of it's self reflective nature and it's pretty much a thesis film on the current state of horror films.

This film itself is not a horror film. It breaks down like this.

The kids in the cabin are the films we're used to seeing.

The guys in the control room are the film makers that make said film.

The gods are the "Watchers" or really, us the audience, and we demand to be satisfied.

And the Zombies. that was a clear choice in my eyes as they are making fun of the current craze of zombie movies and their popularity and the fact they made them dumb red neck hick zombies is a pretty clear jab they think the zombies need to go away and they have just become a dead horse the industry will not stop beating.

The film makers have to make the kids dumb to satisfy our thirst for blood and carnage. If we the people don't get that we walk of the film feeling cheated, much like the gods do at the end of this film and rage against those that did not satisfy their thirst for blood. This film is designed to anger those that don't care to watch a film that is a thesis on horror films and made to rewards those that want to watch what these film makers think of the film makers that make "horror" films. Love it or hate it, it's a cleaver little film. I may not watch it again but I really like this approach to the film and thought it was worth a watch.

so yeah the redneck zombies were made badly on purpose, Which I get the point is to say they suck, I guess since is not a really horror movie didn't matter, Celtic was right I guess, but even if they were making zombies to make fun of them, they could have made them more interesting, better better looking, I don't know, they were not even real zombies, I guess they were making fun of Wrong turn too, I don't know, Celtic was right, he was right about everything :monkey1

I guess cabin is the "Inception" of Horror movies

I was thinking about something today, this movie is relevant of how they are doing movies, in the 80s maybe, this movie and its critique on horror are only relevant to horror movies from 20 years ago, nowdays horror movies are done differently, look at saw, the victim count is completely different,
the only movies made like Cabin in the woods today are the remakes of the 80s movies Cabin is making fun of, besides that horror movies don't really follow the "ritual" that cabin was making fun of,
look at the Strangers, it had 2 victims, a couple, that was it,
so, even though I loved Cabin in the woods, its critique doesnt even apply to today's horror

Uh, yes it does. Sorta.

It's slightly irrelevant today, because it was made in 09, but pushed back because they didn't know how to market it.

But it was going after Saw. Redneck Torture Zombies.

Uh, yes it does. Sorta.

It's slightly irrelevant today, because it was made in 09, but pushed back because they didn't know how to market it.

But it was going after Saw. Redneck Torture Zombies.

I think it was going after the slasher genre which died with scream, having 5 teens, the dumb blonde the jock, the virgin, most horror movies don't follow that anymore,
you either get a random group of people (like Dawn of the Dead remake) or a Family (most ghost movies like Insidious) couples (like Strangers or Vacancy)
so what this movie was criticizing, the way movies were made, that would only really be relevant for the 80s,
I mean, we do still get a ritual in most movies, that part is right, ghost movies follow the same ritual, but what the movie was trying to say, that the way horror was made should change, well, it did,

in the case of Saw, I could only see a critique to gore and traps, (like the bear trap the zombie was waiving around) but besides that there is not much critique that is relevant today,

I liked the movie a lot, I'm just saying, a lot of people are saying (and the movie itself is saying) that horror movies should change and that the "ritual" should be broken, but horror Has changed, the victims changed and the villains changed,

For the worse. Everything is either dumb ____ devils, or stupid torture crap.

But no. Saw is still your standard slasher movie. It changes a few things, but not for the better. One of the worst series of films of all time.

For the worse. Everything is either dumb ____ devils, or stupid torture crap.

But no. Saw is still your standard slasher movie. It changes a few things, but not for the better. One of the worst series of films of all time.

would you like this movie to get a sequel? or prequel?
that is the talk on IMDB anyway, would a prequel work, and would people want to see that ?

I will see anything Joss does. And I trust whatever he would put together. Sequel, etc. I'm in!

I will see anything Joss does. And I trust whatever he would put together. Sequel, etc. I'm in!

a lot of people say it would be stupid to make a sequel or prequel and that, that was not the point of the movie, that a sequel would ruin the first,

But I agree I would love to see a prequel, (i dont know how they would get around the ending)

I would love for them to tackle some of the prequel cliches while making the movie about them creating the monsters and the first group to be sacrificed, that would be cool I think

Watched it today. I really enjoyed it up until the ending. It was a fun ride all the way though, but in hindsight I wasn't sold on the ending.

I think I might have liked it better if it was an open-ended ending, like "Why were they all playing these roles? Who were the directors working for?" instead of having such a clear-cut answer. There could be hints and such laid into the movie, and leave it up for the viewer to decide who was pulling the strings.

It left me with the impression that they were spoofing the Matrix Revolutions ending, kinda like they left the hero in an impossible situation, just showing no matter what you do, you're always screwed.

Watched it today. I really enjoyed it up until the ending. It was a fun ride all the way though, but in hindsight I wasn't sold on the ending.

I think I might have liked it better if it was an open-ended ending, like "Why were they all playing these roles? Who were the directors working for?" instead of having such a clear-cut answer. There could be hints and such laid into the movie, and leave it up for the viewer to decide who was pulling the strings.

It left me with the impression that they were spoofing the Matrix Revolutions ending, kinda like they left the hero in an impossible situation, just showing no matter what you do, you're always screwed.

The audience are the gods.

The audience are the gods.

Oh, I get it. It was 'meta', I get it. I'm saying I would've liked it more if it wasn't. If it was like Inception, Primer, or Donnie Darko where there was a bigger picture and the audience had to figure out what was going on. For example, if this film had no scenes 'in the control room', they only hinted and left clues that something larger was going on.

I'm saying if this film was more psychological or cerebral and made me think, instead of just 'entertaining' me, I would've felt it was more rewarding. But to be honest, that's not how Joss/Mutant Enemy works, and don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting some brain-twister ending. I was just thinking about how another director could've handled the concept.

LOL "The point of the film" :lol

Yeah it had tons.

*waits for the inevitable you didn't get it reply"

:D

I'm sure everyone got it. Hence why they hate it and throw ***** fits and stop their hands because they didn't get their way. :lol

It's not a smart movie. It's a cleaver movie.

Back