The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Nightmare on Elm Street is not a horror comedy.

The rest of the movies past 2 might be. But the first was not. I had to correct you. That movie is a straight up, but clever slasher.

I guess people that hated this also hated things like Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Friday the 13th and my Bloody Valentine,

I guess that type of horror is just not everyone
specially nightmare on elm Street

Scream > The Cabin in the Woods

Hell, all of em but Valentine are better.

Scream is awesome.

I've talked to people who told me I was crazy for thinking Scream is a comedy. Who's crazy nowwwwwww.....

A Nightmare on Elm Street is not a horror comedy.

The rest of the movies past 2 might be. But the first was not. I had to correct you. That movie is a straight up, but clever slasher.

I meant the series of movies, in general, I would never classify the first one as a comedy you are right, part 2-5 had a pretty comedic Freddy, that's what I was trying to say,

Scream > The Cabin in the Woods

Hell, all of em but Valentine are better.

well is not about being better, they might be better or not,
but they had similar elements with Cabin, like self awareness, comedic tone, making fun of cliches while following other cliches,

it was all because of this guy:

tumblr_m8o4vrjHPv1qa2h53o3_250.gif
tumblr_m8o4vrjHPv1qa2h53o2_250.gif

really really awesome dude, he was always awesome in everything, he made Scream for me,

tumblr_m7831aj0lE1qij1mgo6_250.gif

:lol:lol

Scream was definitely a hilarious movie, whether they meant it to be that or not but it was. It was a great movie to reinvigorate the horror genre of the 90s and into the 2000s

Which part 2-5 was that in? Yea none of them.

The song was originally released in 1988 as the theme for A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

the Fact that Freddie is rapping...
you know what, whatever :nana:

[ame]https://youtu.be/rQlVJd16Asw[/ame]

lol looks pretty funny to me

It took me awhile, but I finally got around to seeing this tonight. I am a big Joss Whedon fan and I went into this spoiler-free. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with it overall. It just kind of left me wondering what the hype was all about. I want to make clear that I enjoyed Joss Whedon's typical style of dark comedy/humor, but I just felt like the ending was a bit of a letdown. Maybe it is because I am too familiar with Whedon's style that I wasn't too surprised by anything that happened, but I kept hoping it was going to surprise me with some big twist. I think that is why I felt let down by it. Decent movie and Fran Krantz made this movie IMO, but other than that not something I would see more than once.

Back