The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I get it. It was 'meta', I get it. I'm saying I would've liked it more if it wasn't. If it was like Inception, Primer, or Donnie Darko where there was a bigger picture and the audience had to figure out what was going on. For example, if this film had no scenes 'in the control room', they only hinted and left clues that something larger was going on.

I'm saying if this film was more psychological or cerebral and made me think, instead of just 'entertaining' me, I would've felt it was more rewarding. But to be honest, that's not how Joss/Mutant Enemy works, and don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting some brain-twister ending. I was just thinking about how another director could've handled the concept.

A lot of people wanted this. And I don't agree...sorry. I think the problem is horror movies today either try to be too dumb, or too smart. They miss the point of their existence, either scare, or entertain.

And then when films try to be scary, they're just gross, and boring.

I think the scary horror devices got spent in the early 80's. Aliens, babies, monsters, killers, ghosts.....almost all the scariest films of all time came from that era. And then they evolved to being entertainment.

And now they're trying to revert back to it. But it's not working. Saw isn't scary. Possessions aren't scary, PG-13 killers and ghosts aren't scary.

So I say, bring back the goofy stuff. :yess:

I'm sure everyone got it. Hence why they hate it and throw ***** fits and stop their hands because they didn't get their way. :lol

It's not a smart movie. It's a cleaver movie.

Thing is though, I didn't hate it at all. I actually really enjoyed it whereas I found the ending to be a bit too much and all over the place. Not in a complicated way either, just weak. But when people start throwing 10/10 I can't help but roll my eyes.

A lot of people wanted this. And I don't agree...sorry. I think the problem is horror movies today either try to be too dumb, or too smart. They miss the point of their existence, either scare, or entertain.

And then when films try to be scary, they're just gross, and boring.

I think the scary horror devices got spent in the early 80's. Aliens, babies, monsters, killers, ghosts.....almost all the scariest films of all time came from that era. And then they evolved to being entertainment.

And now they're trying to revert back to it. But it's not working. Saw isn't scary. Possessions aren't scary, PG-13 killers and ghosts aren't scary.

So I say, bring back the goofy stuff. :yess:

I wish every single movie studio in Hollywood could read this, I wish they all read this, and Understand how right you are :monkey2:monkey2

Well yeah. That's why you just should watch the movie, and give your own opinion on it. Not allow it to ride with anyone else's. :lol

I heard about this movie, never watched the trailer, didn't know anything other then it's a cabin with a bit more going on under the surface.

I enjoyed it because it was more then that. It was funny, dark, and cleaver. People always blow things out of proportion.

This is defiantly a 8.5 movie for me though. It surpassed my expectations and gave me something I didn't expect.

i think you are completely right about the horror movies need to be goofy, we totally are missing that,
and I don't mean Scary movie goofy, but things are turning out too gross and too serious, the fun in these types of movies is that they were gory and scary but a little bit silly,

we are desperately needing that back

Yes we do. And we need to do away with PG-13 horror.

But that won't happen. Still, there was no horror movies I looked forward too this year. Aside from Prometheus. But that wasn't really horror.

Shame. It used to be one of my favorite genres.

Yes we do. And we need to do away with PG-13 horror.

But that won't happen. Still, there was no horror movies I looked forward too this year. Aside from Prometheus. But that wasn't really horror.

Shame. It used to be one of my favorite genres.

I was realizing this the other day as well,
I call myself a horror fan, and I love watching horror movies.... of 2-3 decades ago, I realized, there really isn't that many good things, and then you have all the remakes...:slap

I was realizing this the other day as well,
I call myself a horror fan, and I love watching horror movies.... of 2-3 decades ago, I realized, there really isn't that many good things, and then you have all the remakes...:slap

The best part about the remakes is that they make you appreciate the originals all the more.

People don't enjoy movies any more. They're either total crap, or overrated. Or in the extreme, the best movie ever made.

^ You're not getting what I was saying. But on the internet, there seems to be very little middle ground.

Some people do it. But look at the TDKR thread. It's mostly "IT'S AMAZING, BEST MOVIE EVER." or "BORING OVERRATED CRAP!"

Very few people go "I liked this."

That was my point. The scores on IMDB prove it. It's either a 1/10 or a 10/10 for internet film people. :lol

People don't enjoy movies any more. They're either total crap, or overrated. Or in the extreme, the best movie ever made.

So true, and it's usually over one or two minor things. Like with the Bourne Legacy, so many people complained because there wasn't enough 'action', and thus hated it. :slap

They don't even acknowledge that it's an intense drama with a thrilling storyline with amazing acting from the cast.

Possibly. I haven't seen it. But I heard it wasn't horrible.
But that also has to do with the marketing.

Imagine if they marked There Will Be Blood as a comedy. And then you saw the movie. Is it the movie's fault, or the marketing?

Legacy looked like an intense dumb action movie, with lotsa stunts, and cool action. Not an intense drama.

Possibly. I haven't seen it. But I heard it wasn't horrible.
But that also has to do with the marketing.

Imagine if they marked There Will Be Blood as a comedy. And then you saw the movie. Is it the movie's fault, or the marketing?

Legacy looked like an intense dumb action movie, with lotsa stunts, and cool action. Not an intense drama.

I tried to watch the Bourne films, I hate them, I will never try to watch that crap again,
I am sure a lot of people love them and they have their audience, but the shaky cam was the worst thing I've ever seen,
I really will never understand why the morons at hollywood think that Shaky cam equals good action scenes, they make me nauseous

Back