The Boys TV Series (Amazon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed this. I imagine it'll be revealed that Black Noir is fine, he did previously survive having his brains literally bashed out. The whole Soldier Boy being Homelanders father is a much better twist than the Black Noir clone in the comics for sure, since he's still alive I imagine he'll be playing a role in the future.

I thought we might get a time skip for a more grown up Ryan for next season or so but given Butchers situation I doubt that'll be the case. That kid needs to go though, no saving him now.

But **** Todd, all my homies hate Todd.
The herogasm fight set my expectations high. Unfortunately this one did not deliver.
Honestly Herogasm felt like the finale.

Honestly, I don’t know why, but I kind of hope Soldier Boy gets a redemption arc. Partly because Mallory might be able to deprogram him of his Russian triggers and partly because I want to see duder make up for not actually storming Normandy by beating the **** out of Homelander’s Nazis.

Honestly, I don’t know why, but I kind of hope Soldier Boy gets a redemption arc. Partly because Mallory might be able to deprogram him of his Russian triggers and partly because I want to see duder make up for not actually storming Normandy by beating the **** out of Homelander’s Nazis.

Soldier Boy is a worse human being than Homelander. Homelander is deranged, but at least he is trying to find some human connection and love. I think the ending showed that while he isn't quite as powerful than Homelander, SB is even more morally bankrupt.

Soldier Boy is a worse human being than Homelander. Homelander is deranged, but at least he is trying to find some human connection and love. I think the ending showed that while he isn't quite as powerful than Homelander, SB is even more morally bankrupt.
Until Soldier Boy gets confirmed as a rapist I still think Homelander is the bigger piece of ****. Sure Soldier Boy was a bully but it also seemed like the innocents he killed were on accident. Neglegence is bad but not as bad as the intentional rape and muder that Homelander commits.

The season finale was a bit underwhelming. Butcher is trash. He neglected Ryan, put himself and his team at risk all to get rid of Homelander, only to ***** out in the end, betraying Soldier Boy for a kid with superpowers who you blamed your wife's death on and who didn't even notice you protecting him from Soldier Boy. What a waste of a season. And in the end, not only does Butch not kill Homelander, but he also loses Ryan. He is trash.

Soldier Boy is a piece of crap, but he was the only one who stuck to the plan. He's awesome. It was nice to see him beat the **** out of everyone. Hope he comes back.

Starlight is trash too. All that powerup for a little blast that didn't do anything to Soldier Boy. She's the Jean Grey from the Boys. She almost passed out too like Jean Grey. :lol

The best thing in the show is still Homelander and now Soldier Boy.

Overall, I thought it was an ok episode. Homelander losing his powers temporarily would have been interesting, but this season kind of ended on an upside for Homelander, kind of like the opposite of the second season. He now has Ryan and can do whatever the **** he wants, and people will love him for it. That's scary. Homelander's biggest fear was that the world would hate him if he showed his true colors, and the only thing keeping him somewhat in line, but now that's over. It's a scary world they're living in now.

The season finale was a bit underwhelming. Butcher is trash. He neglected Ryan, put himself and his team at risk all to get rid of Homelander, only to ***** out in the end, betraying Soldier Boy for a kid with superpowers who you blamed your wife's death on and who didn't even notice you protecting him from Soldier Boy. What a waste of a season. And in the end, not only does Butch not kill Homelander, but he also loses Ryan. He is trash.

Soldier Boy is a piece of crap, but he was the only one who stuck to the plan. He's awesome. It was nice to see him beat the **** out of everyone. Hope he comes back.

Starlight is trash too. All that powerup for a little blast that didn't do anything to Soldier Boy. She's the Jean Grey from the Boys. She almost passed out too like Jean Grey. :lol

The best thing in the show is still Homelander and now Soldier Boy.

Overall, I thought it was an ok episode. Homelander losing his powers temporarily would have been interesting, but this season kind of ended on an upside for Homelander, kind of like the opposite of the second season. He now has Ryan and can do whatever the **** he wants, and people will love him for it. That's scary. Homelander's biggest fear was that the world would hate him if he showed his true colors, and the only thing keeping him somewhat in line, but now that's over. It's a scary world they're living in now.
Homelander being depowered would be a worse fate than death for him I think.

Eh, it was fine. I feel that they're going around in circles each season, with too much filler. But whatever, it's good schlock tv, I'm not weeping for time spent on it.

I thought it was an awesome finale and season overall. No complaints here. And thus nothing I'm going to talk about. Funny how the crapper something is the more discussion it warrants. It's why the Star Wars threads are always so busy. Whereas this thread will be buried in no time at all. The hallmark of greatness. :lol

As a whole, the show is entertaining but I can definitely do without it mirroring US current events. Sure tackle whatever relevant social issues but don't just copy paste the actual shenanigans. I know it's parody and meant to be comedic in a sense but I'm just not into them. They're vomit inducing in real life as it is. That's just me.

For me, MM is the only character I like. Maybe Maeve also at the end of this season... and maybe because I find her hawt. Everybody else is trash. This show is like rooting for one toxic person to kill the other toxic person until you're only left with... a toxic person. Lol!

Surely they didn't really have noir go out like such a b****.

I bet they're gonna do experiments on him to save him and he's gonna become super super powered or something like that

Surely they didn't really have noir go out like such a b****.

I bet they're gonna do experiments on him to save him and he's gonna become super super powered or something like that

Dude got his guts ripped out ... I don't think there's any coming back from that.

However, there's this interesting tidbit from an interview with the showrunner

https://ew.com/tv/black-noir-nathan-mitchell-recast-the-boys-season-4/
Come season 4, which will start filming this August, Mitchell will play "a different character who wears the Black Noir suit," Kripke reveals. "It's definitely not the last we've seen of Black Noir as a hero. It's just that the guy who was inside [the Noir suit] in season 3, he's gone. But we have Nathan playing a really interesting and hilarious character who wears the suit next season."

So, it sounds like Vought is just going to bring someone in to wear the Black Noir costume, to cover up for the fact that Homelander killed the first one.

Thought the season really picked up from episode 6 onwards and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Toni Starr’s range is just ridiculous.

Dude got his guts ripped out ... I don't think there's any coming back from that.

However, there's this interesting tidbit from an interview with the showrunner

https://ew.com/tv/black-noir-nathan-mitchell-recast-the-boys-season-4/

So, it sounds like Vought is just going to bring someone in to wear the Black Noir costume, to cover up for the fact that Homelander killed the first one.
Wonder if they will do something similar to the comics with black noir being homelander clone. If another supe is put in to keep homelander under control it could refresh black noirs character and bring him closer to source material but I doubt they go the actual clone route. Maybe soldier boy could be put in the suit after some "therapy". Nah, scratch that, that idea is poop. But someone else could work.

I don't watch the show, but I watched some clips here and there to see what all the fuss was about.

The shrinking guy going inside the dude's penis was very unexpected. Can't remember if they did that in the comics.

Seems kind of dumb to me that The Female "talks"....guess they didn't know what to do with her otherwise. She and Frenchie were very minor characters in the book anyway.

But Black Noir was basically the big twist ending of the whole series. I can only imagine they aren't being very faithful to the comics at all.

Looking back, it really wasn't a great comic book series. I never liked Darick Robertson's artwork. He'll always just be a Marvel fill-in artist to me. And I adored every issue of Preacher, but The Boys lacked heart. It was just Ennis being and edgy edgelord. It realllly dragged on to get to the end, too. Preacher was a good length, but reading The Boys straight through felt like a chore, especially with the extra mini-series thrown in.

I don't watch the show, but I watched some clips here and there to see what all the fuss was about.

The shrinking guy going inside the dude's penis was very unexpected. Can't remember if they did that in the comics.

Seems kind of dumb to me that The Female "talks"....guess they didn't know what to do with her otherwise. She and Frenchie were very minor characters in the book anyway.

But Black Noir was basically the big twist ending of the whole series. I can only imagine they aren't being very faithful to the comics at all.

Looking back, it really wasn't a great comic book series. I never liked Darick Robertson's artwork. He'll always just be a Marvel fill-in artist to me. And I adored every issue of Preacher, but The Boys lacked heart. It was just Ennis being and edgy edgelord. It realllly dragged on to get to the end, too. Preacher was a good length, but reading The Boys straight through felt like a chore, especially with the extra mini-series thrown in.

Back