The Boys TV Series (Amazon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ever read rising stars or 100 bullets? Both excellent comics from a few years ago. J Michael stracynski wrote RS & Brian azarello & Edward risso wore bullets

I’d rather have hot toys do it but they’re probably going to sit this one out also so I’ll take what I can get

As a whole, the show is entertaining but I can definitely do without it mirroring US current events. Sure tackle whatever relevant social issues but don't just copy paste the actual shenanigans. I know it's parody and meant to be comedic in a sense but I'm just not into them. They're vomit inducing in real life as it is. That's just me.

For me, MM is the only character I like. Maybe Maeve also at the end of this season... and maybe because I find her hawt. Everybody else is trash. This show is like rooting for one toxic person to kill the other toxic person until you're only left with... a toxic person. Lol!

I enjoy some of the poking at current events. The funniest parts to me were the theme park snack stands and the horned helmet guy from Jan 6th.

And Homelander killing that guy in public mimicking trumps comment about killung someone in 5th Ave. And not.losing any supporters.

So
Soosoo are making Soldier Boy. Wait for that and please don't bring up Star Ace again 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
so up until recently my wife & I have only bought off sideshow & never bought anything other than hot toys or stuff on their website. We’ve recently started buying other brands like soosoo & toy works or hot heart among others. We’re still learning so I have to ask
Why the dislike for Star ace?

And Homelander killing that guy in public mimicking trumps comment about killung someone in 5th Ave. And not.losing any supporters.
If memory serves there was also some news report about Starlight trafficking kids or something? As a counter to the stuff she was saying about Homelander. That's almost certainly a reference to the standard culture war exchange of ''you're racist'' ''yeah well you're a paedophile''.

So

so up until recently my wife & I have only bought off sideshow & never bought anything other than hot toys or stuff on their website. We’ve recently started buying other brands like soosoo & toy works or hot heart among others. We’re still learning so I have to ask
Why the dislike for Star ace?
Check out the Star Ace Boys thread. All you need to know about their product is in there.

I enjoy some of the poking at current events. The funniest parts to me were the theme park snack stands and the horned helmet guy from Jan 6th.
Agreed. That's essentially The Boys raison d'etre. Where the original comic was an over-the-top parody of superheroes and the War on Terror, this is a much more subtle satire of our entire culture as a whole, and it is brilliant.
Satire is SO hard to do well. It's easy to do parody, where you're supposed to just be ridiculous, but usually satire is meant to have characters and plots that you care about. The Boys has accomplished this in spades. I'm continuously impressed with how well they've adapted and improved the source material. Broad caricatures have become nuanced characters, and over-the-top plots have become more grounded and emotional. But it still has a hell of an edge and a bite.
I get what was said earlier, about the final fight not feeling as satisfying as the Herogasm one, but that's by design: There was a lot of emotion invested in that initial conflict, and I got goosebumps when Butcher stood back up and said "Oi," right before blasting a baffled Homelander. To paraphrase Game of Thrones, though, you can only pull that trick once. But, there were other things going on in that fight that had larger character ramifications, and for that it was superb.

1657749168672.png

Back