Silo (2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorddrizzt

Super Freak
Reaction score
There is a new TV series called Silo (on Apple TV). It is based on the books of Hugh Howey (Wool, Shift, Dust - The Silo trilogy). First 2 episodes are out today and I must say, it is perfect, as I imagined it while reading the books. Looking forward for all the story. One of the best sci-fi books I have read in the past few years (together with Expanse, Foundation).

Based on the first two episodes, it looks like perfect transition of the books into the TV series.

Haven't started this one yet, but Apple do such a good job with their TV shows. I have enjoyed so much of their content.

I hadn’t heard of this show until this thread but it sounds right up my alley, looking over the cast I recognized Common from Hell on Wheels, another good show. I don’t have Apple so I’ll probably binge it over a free trial.

Just finished the season.

Haven't read the books, or even heard of the author before this. At first it was hard to get into because it's quite a claustrophobic, drab and brutalist world. But then the mystery becomes intriguing, and the ending even more so.
I need to see the second season now. :impatient:

This is one series where I will definitely try to avoid any spoilers from the books.

I hadn’t heard of this show until this thread but it sounds right up my alley, looking over the cast I recognized Common from Hell on Wheels, another good show. I don’t have Apple so I’ll probably binge it over a free trial.

I don't think Common is particularly great in this series, but in terms of "Mystery Box" shows, this one is pretty fantastic.

There's a nice balance of new mysteries but also "payoffs" that keep the audience engaged. Back in the day, Lindeloff and Cuse would do podcasts for Lost episodes after they aired ( this was when not everyone had a podcast or did "after action reports post episode" like today) and they went out of their way to jab at and gaslight anyone who listened. David Fury left the show and finally admitted that everyone was making it up as they went along and no one had a single clue as to a larger overall story bible that would work or was planned. "Mystery Box" shows can go off the rails pretty fast.

Silo really has it all. Good cast. Good writing, character development and score. Nice production values and very grounded. Solid pacing. Just very fundamental storytelling.

Based on Hugh Howey's Wool series, so there's a cohesive established "blueprint" to build the show around. Which is a positive sign for those worried this will turn into another Abram's Lost, etc.

Watched all 10 episodes in a couple of days. It was brilliant and very hard to stop watching when I had to get to sleep 😆 I had never heard of the books prior, so went in completely blind, not knowing what to expect. I was kept guessing right up until the very end. Very much looking forward to season 2. It's going to be interesting seeing where the story goes.

I highly recommend this series.

Back