The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like there was a great disturbance in the Force, and the timelines SPLIT at that moment... one timeline gave us ESB... and eventually Rogue One and The Mandalorian. The other timeline, a darker timeline, gave us the Ewok movies, the PT... and eventually Book of Boba Fett.

Initially, I thought the majordomo was Abed from community. Maybe it is the darker/est timeline.

darkest-timeline-abed.gif

I would have imagined at least Fett killing his way to the top which includes the Hutts. But alas, almost everything is handed to him so far including the ass whoopping with the sole exception of respect.

I am very disappointed in BF thus far. The scene where the cyborg-bionic teens on hover Vespas chased the fruity Mayor's assistant just bored me to tears. The effects were chunky and poorly executed. I had a glimmer of hope when the Wookie attacked, but he got a pass. Boring. I hope they can turn this ship around before it's too late.
They were so clunky and slow, there was no sense of drama and intensity. I wish they shot it similar to the Corellia chase from Solo.

or the Endor chase that was perfectly executed in freaking 1983!!!

Don't make them like they used to.

I re-watched that scene just the other day. It doesn't hold up as well as it could, I remember watching it over and over on VHS as a kid -- but it's still very good and excellent for 1983.

The Imperial Remnant speeder bike scenes on The Mandalorian looked great.

The Big Question: Has Boba Fett earned his status? Or is he a Mary-Sam?
I have had that thought since S2 Mando end credits. My first thought was “you can do that?” It is like if I went into business shot the owner and sat in his chair. Should I not know what his accounts payable, receivable, budget, ytd budget, overhead, inventory, knowledge of customer base, when customers order how often do they order etc before I stake the claim “I’m running the show now” ?

I have had that thought since S2 Mando end credits. My first thought was “you can do that?” It is like if I went into business shot the owner and sat in his chair. Should I not know what his accounts payable, receivable, budget, ytd budget, overhead, inventory, knowledge of customer base, when customers order how often do they order etc before I stake the claim “I’m running the show now” ?
To be fair, I've run across plenty of people in my IT career that pretty much took that approach to new leadership roles... :rotfl

Bottom line is - beware returning OT characters. Everyone one of them has been destroyed by Disney/Wokesfilm. There is plenty of evidence to see that this is an obvious trend/agenda. Bossk is the next victim. We will see the fate of the PTers in Kenobi.

Bottom line is - beware returning OT characters. Everyone one of them has been destroyed by Disney/Wokesfilm. There is plenty of evidence to see that this is an obvious trend/agenda. Bossk is the next victim. We will see the fate of the PTers in Kenobi.
If they bring back Bossk I hope he is wearing boots and gloves. That's would nicely take care of the exposed joints issue . I would finally be able to buy a Boosk for my collection.

It’s a given that her character is back for Mando 3.

That I know, but that Ming-Na tweet says Katee getting a Mandalorian spin-off show... so unless Mando is not in Season 3 and replaced by Bo, the implication is there's talk of yet a third series of Mandalorian adventures. That's crazy. So good the tweet got deleted.

Some of that can be waved away as typical Star Wars glossing-over. But not all of it.

The writers leave it very unclear what a 'crime boss' or 'daimyo' actually does. What they control other than supposedly the mayor and what the 'boss' actually has in terms of business interests. If Bib Fortuna was following the Hutt business model it sounds like slavery, assassination, drug running, contraband, miscellaneous smuggling, violent extortion etc. -- although for some reason the other Hutts left him alone instead of installing themselves in Jabba's place.

(Rule that with 'respect'.)

Presumably Tatooine was of strategic value only to a criminal element that wanted to avoid Imperial, and later New Republic scrutiny, as it was originally portrayed as remote, unimportant and undesirable (before Lucasfilm stuck it in every single Star Wars thing ever).

If anything, recall that Tatooine in ANH was just short of post-apocalyptic, which makes sense in the wake of large scale galactic warfare that would have hammered interplanetary resources, gutted trade and economies in some regions due to destruction, depletion, appropriation of resources by the Empire along with local genocides or mass migration. Think North Korea or places in the Middle East at various times (Beirut, Iraq, etc. etc.)

The planet was more or less a hopeless little backwater town with a truck stop and a couple of biker gang clubhouses. (No Scooter Kids please).

What's the population of Mos Espa? Mos Eisley? Tatooine? Is it a fairly recent colony? Are 'moisture farmers' mere subsistence farmers? Is there a functioning economy? The 'mayor' -- is this an elected official? How often are elections? The questions just keep piling up.

Of course Lucas himself scaled it up considerably in The Phantom Menace, and who knows what else in the EU era.

That's one reason the OT worked in spite of its shortcomings. It kept things simple, left a lot to the imagination without open-ended and half-baked exposition.

I suppose the flashbacks may provide a motivation for Boba Fett walking into that palace and blasting Bib Fortuna -- presumably he's connected to the Tuskens being exterminated.

But 'taking over business' -- whatever that business may be -- doesn't really make sense in the context of a reformed and sympathetic former bounty hunter. And I doubt it will by the time this strangely amateurish project concludes.

Back