The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if it’s been posted before, but I saw this video the other day and it made me appreciate BOBF more. The execution definitely still left something to be desired, but at least this makes it more clear what they were going for.

The timeline being all over the place, cringey moments mixed in, plenty of things still hold the show back… but this vid def helps look at it in a better light.

Not sure if it’s been posted before, but I saw this video the other day and it made me appreciate BOBF more. The execution definitely still left something to be desired, but at least this makes it more clear what they were going for.

The timeline being all over the place, cringey moments mixed in, plenty of things still hold the show back… but this vid def helps look at it in a better light.

Great video about a great show! :rock

:chase

I know what they were going for; I just don't like their decision.

I don't care if it's a video essay by Martin Scorsese, there's nothing that any random video essay blogger on youtube can say that can possibly make BOBF a decent viewing experience.

It was trash, we all know it's trash, and it will always be trash.

I don't care if it's a video essay by Martin Scorsese, there's nothing that any random video essay blogger on youtube can say that can possibly make BOBF a decent viewing experience.

It was trash, we all know it's trash, and it will always be trash.
Star Wars is trash. That’s the wonderfully liberating secret.

It was trash when two old guys awkwardly slapped batons at each other. It was trash when the fearsome Empire was defeated by tiny teddy bears with rocks and sticks. It was trash when Boba Fett was killed by a stumbling blind guy. It was trash when Leia “always knew” Luke was her brother despite swapping spit earlier. It was trash when midichlorians explained the Force. It was trash when Han did not shoot first. It was trash when Jar-Jar became “the key to all of this”. It was trash when Anakin tried to woo Padme and wax poetic about sand. It was trash when Vader gave his big “nooooo!” and the theater laughed. It was trash to throw out 40 years of extended universe lore. It was trash when they recycled 89% of the plot for The Force Awakens. It was trash when they turned Finn into a character who had someone explain why child slavery was bad to the child soldier. It was trash that Holdo was such a moron. It was trash how Luke learned nothing. It was trash how the Emperor came back in Fortnite. It was trash when Rey kissed the space Nazi and then stole Luke’s name.

BoBF is trash. Pure, undiluted Star Wars.

And it fits right alongside the rest.

At least I found this trash enjoyable. Mostly.

It was trash when two old guys awkwardly slapped batons at each other. It was trash when the fearsome Empire was defeated by tiny teddy bears with rocks and sticks. It was trash when Boba Fett was killed by a stumbling blind guy. It was trash when Leia “always knew” Luke was her brother despite swapping spit earlier. It was trash when midichlorians explained the Force. It was trash when Han did not shoot first. It was trash when Jar-Jar became “the key to all of this”. It was trash when Anakin tried to woo Padme and wax poetic about sand. It was trash when Vader gave his big “nooooo!” and the theater laughed. It was trash to throw out 40 years of extended universe lore. It was trash when they recycled 89% of the plot for The Force Awakens. It was trash when they turned Finn into a character who had someone explain why child slavery was bad to the child soldier. It was trash that Holdo was such a moron. It was trash how Luke learned nothing. It was trash how the Emperor came back in Fortnite. It was trash when Rey kissed the space Nazi and then stole Luke’s name.

There are different kinds of trash, this is the kind a raccoon wouldn't even eat.

"Thank you for choosing Disney.

For complete enjoyment of our product we recommend you fully disengage your brain before pressing play."

giphy.gif

:monkey3

b74f6a017d1153289888d98e3a45929d_w200.gif

So much trash, that at the time in 77 it won 7 Academy Awards and was nominated for 11.

All good and well to look at "two old guys awkwardly slapping batons at each other" with 2022 eyes/experience and call it trash (hell, let's just call everything that's old trash) but at the time it wasn't. Why not call race cars of the 30's trash because compared with today's cars, they're not thrilling?

So much trash, that at the time in 77 it won 7 Academy Awards and was nominated for 11.

All good and well to look at "two old guys awkwardly slapping batons at each other" with 2022 eyes/experience and call it trash (hell, let's just call everything that's old trash) but at the time it wasn't. Why not call race cars of the 30's trash because compared with today's cars, they're not thrilling?
A lot of trash has won Oscars. Especially good trash.
kEIv6ajTMDA6bF8kYsmxEAKK1-jB8kzzckzyTc8Jtlo.jpg

Blessed post, save us from the Dark Times. 🔥

Back