The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b3be55f795a31804ab2308a70a8e44fd0739d79a.gifv

They're all glorious!

vlcsnap-2022-02-10-16h16m29s531.jpg

:lol

The condemnation of Rodriguez' action and direction here is hysterical, as .... the one action scene he added extended and directed, and you all celebrate.

Valid point, and I don't know how he went from that on The Mandalorian to the bonkers action in BoBF. But as I've said RR has always been very uneven as a director. And after 30 years, he still doesn't have that definitive break-out hit most good directors achieve. So, I guess, sometimes, he gets lucky.

Also consider, the editor can have a great influence on an action scene. Perhaps the editor on Mando had a lot more to work with.

I do wish that they'd just had Cad Bane be the one that the Pykes hired to slaughter the Tuskens. Then having Fett kill him with the gaffi would have been much more poetic.

I also wish Drash could have done something cool with her droid arm. I mean what was the point of her even having it if all she's going to be is just another civilian gun lumped in with the people of Free Town.

But Rancor going crazy in the center of town covers a multitude of sins, lol.
It should have been like the Bones Iron Man suit where it detaches and flies around shooting people, dropping thermal explosives, etc., and (of course) ***** slapping Boba Fett when he says something stupid. :lol

Valid point, and I don't know how he went from that on The Mandalorian to the bonkers action in BoBF. But as I've said RR has always been very uneven as a director. And after 30 years, he still doesn't have that definitive break-out hit most good directors achieve. So, I guess, sometimes, he gets lucky.

Also consider, the editor can have a great influence on an action scene. Perhaps the editor on Mando had a lot more to work with.
Also wasn't it a very deliberate choice to make this BOBF "lighter" and more upbeat? To me this series often came off as being child-acceptable, more so than Mando had been. Like the bunny droid, and possibly even softening Boba up so much.
Because, D+ subscriptions and potential toy sales. Maybe kids would think the candy rangers are cool, or something.:unsure:

This pic bothers me for some reason. The staging seems so artificial; real people would never group like that. We also just HAVE to have the Vespas in the shot too, like they as important as the actual people. Kriff off, Rodriquez.

Have to admit Boba's new kit is growing on me, although I still wish the spats were black.

:lol :lol

ajp is not as forgiving as I am, no question about that but I respect that. He and many others know what SW is capable of being and want it to remain at that level especially when it comes to Legacy characters. Daniel Logan all but single-handedly ruined the entire PT for me so I can definitely relate.

At the same time I never really outgrew my love for Saturday morning cartoon antics and the hilarity that can ensue even when they bleed into more "respectable" narratives. I guess the Holiday Special, Ewok movies, Droid cartoon and even ROTJ itself conditioned me early on to be more accepting of such things in SW. All I ask is that when they do delve into such zaniness that they go all in and holy crap that they did, lol.

As awesome as Episodes 5 and 6 were I know for a fact that their rewatchability won't hold a candle to the finale, at least for me, lol.
For me, it's not so much about just the level of quality. Nothing that happened in the show itself makes me angry, because I can (and do) just ignore it and leave it out of my personal version of the Star Wars story. I'm always fully aware that there will be SW content that I find to be bad; that's unavoidable. But the bad used to be bad with a sincere effort to be good. This show, however, had aspects of stupidity that I refuse to believe were written in good faith. It was just lazy and careless. With any other franchise, I'd roll my eyes and just appreciate that I can enjoy laughing at it. But with Star Wars, it hurts.

I love this franchise so much that I would actually pay to have the opportunity to write an episode of a SW show. Yet these guys *got paid* and decided to just phone it in with conveniences, contrivances, contradictions, and total nonsense. Seeing them take the honor and privilege of working on something that we grew up adoring and then doing a half-assed job of writing it is what prevents me from being able to just laugh at it and roll with the punches.

Just think about the level of love and careful attention to detail that *you,* Khev, would've put into it if you had the honor and privilege to write a canon series or movie. Then maybe you'll better understand exactly where I'm coming from. I know that it's an irrational and insane level of regard for a fictional franchise, but it is what it is. Too many years in the bank now to be able to change.

Back