The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev is not wrong it was zany and as a continuation of ep 3 I guess it makes perfect sense it was just jarring coming off those higher quality Mando episodes.

:lol :lol

My son yesterday: "HOW is that giant droid still behind them they've speeding so fast through the entire city and it's just walking??" And even better because my 75 year old dad was visiting from out of state and even he was cracking up at the craziness. Three generations of Khevs enjoying the greatest episode in the history of SW. :yess:
Khev, Sr., Khev, Jr. and Khev Jr., Jr.... I don't know why but I sat here at my keyboard and just cracked up at that for like 2 minutes :)

Well Wor-Gar didn’t hate it either so there’s that lol

ajp however will be like..

View attachment 561703
:lol :lol

ajp is not as forgiving as I am, no question about that but I respect that. He and many others know what SW is capable of being and want it to remain at that level especially when it comes to Legacy characters. Daniel Logan all but single-handedly ruined the entire PT for me so I can definitely relate.

At the same time I never really outgrew my love for Saturday morning cartoon antics and the hilarity that can ensue even when they bleed into more "respectable" narratives. I guess the Holiday Special, Ewok movies, Droid cartoon and even ROTJ itself conditioned me early on to be more accepting of such things in SW. All I ask is that when they do delve into such zaniness that they go all in and holy crap that they did, lol.

As awesome as Episodes 5 and 6 were I know for a fact that their rewatchability won't hold a candle to the finale, at least for me, lol.

Khev, Sr., Khev, Jr. and Khev Jr., Jr.... I don't know why but I sat here at my keyboard and just cracked up at that for like 2 minutes :)
My son was geeking out at the Rancor (and immediately called out its similarity to Kong v. Godzilla which he also loves), my dad was practically guffawing at the dark humor (Krsanttan throwing the dude then blasting him in midair, Fett and Mando shooting the Pyke off the corner of the roof and then other 50 times as he fell to the ground, lol) and me just enjoying the whole damn thing. Great times, lol.

f4d69cf9171ea1e17efb01551e35c302ba8dc36b.gifv

giphy.gif
Loved that bit! And what was with the kitchen droid making an appearance in the aftermath of the battle. Did Fett go out of his way to get him too? I guess it did best him in the kitchen so why not grab every worthy combatant you can, lol.

Why do people blame directors for what the writer writes? Strange
Because part of the problem with this show is the pacing. Don't know all the details but a director's vision can make or break a movie/series. Imagine they can make a lot of changes on the fly with a script or other if something's not working. They can also ask for actors to interpret their scene in a different way or ask for a more energetic performance, or less, etc.

My initial reaction to the finale was frenetic overstuffed shallow fan service trash.
But, after adjusting the frame of view; figure WTH; I got Mando and Boba back to back shooting a bunch of baddies; a Rancour; Cobb Vanth; Grogu is back where he belongs after summer camp; and Fennec taking out the leaders in the end. Plus, someone stepped in and Tatooine looked better re details. More real and less like bad CGI.

Overall, not either being into the Skywalkers, Ahsoka, or even really a Boba Fett fan, am happier than I deserve to be thanks to the unexpected excellent Mando episode. Didn't know what to expect with this series, but don't feel any differently about Fett than I did before. Expect he'll show up to help Mando out in the future. If there's a season 2 of TBOBF, it will be interesting to watch different directors step in.

Just don't feel like throwing out the series based on one director's work.

Last edited:
My son was geeking out at the Rancor (and immediately called out its similarity to Kong v. Godzilla which he also loves), my dad was practically guffawing at the dark humor (Krsanttan throwing the dude then blasting him in midair, Fett and Mando shooting the Pyke off the corner of the roof and then other 50 times as he fell to the ground, lol) and me just enjoying the whole damn thing. Great times, lol.
The series should have just started and ended with this episode. :yess: :lol

Loved that bit! And what was with the kitchen droid making an appearance in the aftermath of the battle. Did Fett go out of his way to get him too? I guess it did best him in the kitchen so why not grab every worthy combatant you can, lol.
Never noticed the droid. The rat-catcher? :horror

Indeed, great shot of the pair of them. The series just needed more of that.

And just to remind everybody here are my SW timelines:

1. Theatrical OT
2. PT + TCW + OT:SE (the George Lucas Saga)
3. PT + TCW + Rebels + OT:SE + Mando/BOBF + ST (Disney Saga)
And I would even add a fourth: Theatrical OT + ST

BOBF has no place in Timelines 1 and 4. So for me none of it's shortcomings are upsetting to me or ruin any of the true (IMO) Boba Fett stuff. But it fits in perfectly with Timelines 2 and 3 IMO.

I also watched it with my oldest son who's a huge Star Wars fan, hates the ST and found the first few episodes of BoBF to be frustrating. He loved the finale and I guess I am starting to lean more towards liking it than hating it. If they hadn't done some of the things to make Fett seem incompetent in the early episodes, the series overall would've been a win for me... My head canon is an ever changing landscape (not like Jye's pain killer induced "Jacob's Ladder" landscape, to be clear) :)

I do wish that they'd just had Cad Bane be the one that the Pykes hired to slaughter the Tuskens. Then having Fett kill him with the gaffi would have been much more poetic.

I also wish Drash could have done something cool with her droid arm. I mean what was the point of her even having it if all she's going to be is just another civilian gun lumped in with the people of Free Town.

But Rancor going crazy in the center of town covers a multitude of sins, lol.

I also watched it with my oldest son who's a huge Star Wars fan, hates the ST and found the first few episodes of BoBF to be frustrating. He loved the finale and I guess I am starting to lean more towards liking it than hating it. If they hadn't done some of the things to make Fett seem incompetent in the early episodes, the series overall would've been a win for me... My head canon is an ever changing landscape (not like Jye's pain killer induced "Jacob's Ladder" landscape, to be clear) :)
Well, I haven't canceled my Boba PO and still think the Tuskens look cool and would pick them up if they get made. Spending money is a realistic gauge for me.

As oppose to, say TFWS where I haven't spent a dime, and won't, except for Zemo. :stake

Now I really wanna go back and order Sideshow's Grogu except I bet they put out another with articulated arms$$$$$:monkey3
mb2.jpg

It wasn't all bad.😁 Tho there's plenty of *&^% too like the Power Rangers. Actually when I think about it, it's hilarious Grogu goes from a health spa with water features, bamboo, and meditation; and immediately gets dropped into a firefight with killer robots. This is the Way.:lol

Last edited:
Back