The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's still a likable brat though...

giphy.gif
Almost had me there. 😳😅

Yeah, social media has been brutal to this. :lol
Yeah can't blame anyone. It's like getting an HT and you open that art box and someone forgot to attach the head.

There's something Jar-Jar about being sprawled bleerily, watching for the next cringe-inducing abomination, and then the unexpected appearance of Mando; and THEN everyone realizes they're better off when the title character of a series isn't there. :monkey3 :lol

Yeah, but if they had had Stan in there, there wouldn't have been entire sequence with someone fighting with a hood on; which threw me right out of the scene.

I get it, for the fans etc. But then again, I wasn't thrilled the show slid that direction anyway. Plus, assuming Grogu runs back to daddy, then the only point to the whole IMO premature appearance of Luke (who should have had an end Mando finale appearance) is basically Grogu got a side trip to a mind/body spa while his parent worried, gave Grogu an expensive present, and then picked up a sweet new impractical ride.

Like a parent sending their kid to camp; but the kid comes back with bad habits he picked up, like the ability to bounce 10 feet into the air. :bouncin

Still, it was a balm compared to watching more Boba rancour-cuddling while Fennec looks on disgustedly and texts Cara some more, looking for employment options.
But can't wait for the finale.:D
I do think Grogu will end up back with Mando, but I predict the real emotional gut punch for Mando will be when our little "foundling" finally utters his first words & they are..........wait for it............ that his REAL parents are still alive and he wants to return to THEM! I think Mando will reunite Mandalore in Season 3, then just when he thinks he can finally settle down Grogu drops that bombshell.

Okay, somehow I'm not sure I'm getting my point across. I have no problem with a gunslinger archetype, Spaghetti Western or Samurai tropes.

My issue is with the execution. Han Solo was subtle. Very slight drawl (in ANH anyway), low-slung gun belt, quick on the draw, used to killin'. Okay I get it. You heard spurs clinking when Boba Fett walked in ESB, he had a tattered poncho thing. Okay neat.

But Vanth is so obviously a Cowboy all he needs is a horse and cowboy boots. There is zero subtlety there; Cad Bane as well.

"LOOK EVERYBODY IT'S A WESTERN IN SPACE. THEY'RE COWBOYS BUT THEY'RE IN SPACE!"

At least that's what it looks like to me, which is why I think Filoni and company have been watching too much Firefly. Which ironically enough, probably took some inspiration from Star Wars.
Yeah. But everyone's guilty of something :monkey3 . And I'm guilty of being good with it, thanx to Olyphant's oozing charisma. Likely if there was another actor in there who was more pedestrian, I'd have a lot more negativity about Vanth.

Plus, I'd already been softened up for certain kinds of things showing up from Clone Wars and Rebels. Waiting for the space pirates to show up next.
images (1).jpg

I do think Grogu will end up back with Mando, but I predict the real emotional gut punch for Mando will be when our little "foundling" finally utters his first words & they are..........wait for it............ that his REAL parents are still alive and he wants to return to THEM! I think Mando will reunite Mandalore in Season 3, then just when he thinks he can finally settle down Grogu drops that bombshell.
Well tho it will be all OK tho, coz then Mando can hook up with pretty widow and Grogu will be with others that live 700+ years. This is Disney.:bunnydanc:ted

Okay, somehow I'm not sure I'm getting my point across. I have no problem with a gunslinger archetype, Spaghetti Western or Samurai tropes.

My issue is with the execution. Han Solo was subtle. Very slight drawl (in ANH anyway), low-slung gun belt, quick on the draw, used to killin'. Okay I get it. You heard spurs clinking when Boba Fett walked in ESB, he had a tattered poncho thing. Okay neat.

But Vanth is so obviously a Cowboy all he needs is a horse and cowboy boots. There is zero subtlety there; Cad Bane as well.

"LOOK EVERYBODY IT'S A WESTERN IN SPACE. THEY'RE COWBOYS BUT THEY'RE IN SPACE!"

At least that's what it looks like to me, which is why I think Filoni and company have been watching too much Firefly. Which ironically enough, probably took some inspiration from Star Wars.
While I don’t have any problems with it myself you are not wrong it is a few steps above on the nose when compared to previous homages.

Reminder that TLJ had a bombardier literally wearing a WW2 bombardier outfit lol where as before it was similar but not exact.

Wait until you see Mando S3 with aliens dressed like hasidic jews and mayflower pilgrims lol

Last edited:
I hope Mando dies in S3 with Grogu holding his hand….

Que Sass and Buff:

View attachment 560911

Like Logan.

No way they will kill Mando. Mando is the only good thing to come out of Disney SW, and they have a young actor that can play that role until he's 75 years old if Harrison Ford is anything to go by, so I think it would be a bad business move to kill off such a cool character for a momentary sad scene. They can even have an older version of Mando set in the ST time period if they don't kill him off.

Going back to abake’s comparison of the Pykes to Fu Manchu it is pretty funny that when it came to Shang Chi and Mulan everything had to be pro China and the reward Hollywood got for pandering to China was an almost industry killing virus YET with Star Wars since it is not popular in China Disney said screw it lets make them resemble Fu Manchu lol

Who knows maybe it’s Disney’s pay back for China banning their movies you go Disney lol

Back