The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping that Fennec is working for the Hutts. That would help fix a lot of the scenes for me where the plot logic just doesn't add up. And a great way to get Boba Fett to stop being soft is to have the one person he trusts the most be revealed to have been using him all along.

The Filoni episode that first introduced Fennec in Mando Season 1 has some dialogue that could actually support this direction too. When handcuffed, Fennec told that Calican guy that she had a rendezvous scheduled at Mos Espa. What if that innocuous Mos Espa reference was a foreshadowing clue planted long before that location would eventually become relevant in BoBF? And maybe Calican telling Din that she used to work for the Hutts was another hidden clue of where her allegiance/employment might still be.

Plus, there'd be solid story logic to support this. If the Hutts have lost their power and want it back, they'd have to go up against the Pykes. But not only are the Pykes working in partnership with the mayor, they were also perhaps the ones who had been propping up Bib Fortuna. So, declaring war against the Pykes is something the Hutts can't afford to do in their name if there's any chance of losing. Which means: what better way than to have Fett unwittingly fight that war *for* them after Fennec notifies the Hutts of his intentions?

Here's the dumb/curious plot elements so far that I think this could help improve:

• Fennec agreeing to help Boba after he offered her freedom would seem more calculated rather than oddly arbitrary.
  • Krrsantan's pathetic "assassination" attempt *that involved no lethal weapons* could've been staged that way all along just to bring the "apology gift" Rancor for Fett to bond with.
  • Krrsantan conveniently standing on the trap door and Fennec tossing a knife at his knuckles rather than shooting him (btw, in the comics his knuckles have been reinforced with metal) would be less ridiculous.
  • Fennec telling Boba that Nikto bikers couldn't have killed his Tuskens would have a more worthy and personal payoff.
  • Fennec telling Boba that he can't kill the Hutts without getting permission would have an extra layer of intrigue and purpose.
There's a lot to be gained. I get why some would hate to see it happen, but I like the idea of Fennec as a villain, and I love how much it would fix for me.
TBH it's too multi-layered and imaginative for this series. Not trope-y enough.

Suspect what we end up with is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the Fett's motley band kicks everyone's butts in a boring fight scene with the candy speeders, and the finale is only saved by the reappearance of Mando in his nifty new N1, with possibly Grogu in tow.

Think Scooby-Do vs. the better seasons of Game of Thrones. But *&^% even GOT tripped at the finish line, thanks to *&^% writing.:pfft:

TBH it's too multi-layered and imaginative for this series. Not trope-y enough.

Suspect what we end up with is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the Fett's motley band kicks everyone's butts in a boring fight scene with the candy speeders, and the finale is only saved by the reappearance of Mando in his nifty new N1, with possibly Grogu in tow.

Think Scooby-Do vs. the better seasons of Game of Thrones. But *&^% even GOT tripped at the finish line, thanks to *&^% writing.:pfft:
There'd still be at least one trope involved. :lol

No matter what, I'm really looking forward to this next episode. Both of Filoni's Mando episodes were setups for spinoff shows (introducing Fennec and Fett's feet in S1 was to end up with BoBF, and Ahsoka in S2 (plus her Thrawn reference) was to set up her show), and with Rangers of the New Republic being cancelled now, I'm expecting him to go 3 for 3 in setting up spinoffs with his live-action episodes.

This one will have a lot to say about future storylines on the Disney+ shows, IMO.

I have to remind myself of RR saying that after Mando Season 2 they just wanted to make a fun and feel-good show in response to dreary real world events. So I'm sure we'll see no awesome Fett vs. Mando showdown. In fact we'll probably learn that the Tuskens aren't even dead and that whenever they get startled they burn their own camps and "go into hiding." :rolleyes2

Did anyone else recognize the pipe that the Jawas took from the Pykes' ship?

272800471_10166058588775438_6515388102083783078_n-jpg.559432
View attachment 559432

273028951_5155889824423582_5128247885113277719_n.jpg

There'd still be at least one trope involved. :lol

No matter what, I'm really looking forward to this next episode. Both of Filoni's Mando episodes were setups for spinoff shows (introducing Fennec and Fett's feet in S1 was to end up with BoBF, and Ahsoka in S2 (plus her Thrawn reference) was to set up her show), and with Rangers of the New Republic being cancelled now, I'm expecting him to go 3 for 3 in setting up spinoffs with his live-action episodes.

This one will have a lot to say about future storylines on the Disney+ shows, IMO.
That's a horrifying thought....a series about the candy kids in their LL Bean outfits + cool IKEA mophead dude running everything and snorting spice in the back room. Sort of like the Charlie's Angels of Tatooine, done on a budget. 😱 😱 😱

But, yeah, I'll be lined up to watch the last 2 episodes like *everyone*. Still hoping the Marshall shows up anyway on whatever pretext.

I have to remind myself of RR saying that after Mando Season 2 they just wanted to make a fun and feel-good show in response to dreary real world events.

They should have done that with Ahsoka, not Boba Fett.:mad:

That's a horrifying thought....a series about the candy kids in their LL Bean outfits + cool IKEA mophead dude running everything and snorting spice in the back room. Sort of like the Charlie's Angels of Tatooine, done on a budget. 😱 😱 😱

But, yeah, I'll be lined up to watch the last 2 episodes like *everyone*. Still hoping the Marshall shows up anyway on whatever pretext.

They should have done that with Ahsoka, not Boba Fett.:mad:
I'm just here for the potential Hot Toys at this point with Cade Bane and Vanth being my top 2 wants...

I'm just here for the potential Hot Toys at this point with Cade Bane and Vanth being my top 2 wants...
They better have some cameos the last two eps. cause so far the only new figure I'd want from this show is Chocolate Kroissant.
Who I knew nothing about, or that he was even a "character".
I just assumed he was a nod to the old concept art, which is why I want him.
624tg1.gif

63fbvu.gif

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Fennec is working for the Hutts. That would help fix a lot of the scenes for me where the plot logic just doesn't add up. And a great way to get Boba Fett to stop being soft is to have the one person he trusts the most be revealed to have been using him all along.

The Filoni episode that first introduced Fennec in Mando Season 1 has some dialogue that could actually support this direction too. When handcuffed, Fennec told that Calican guy that she had a rendezvous scheduled at Mos Espa. What if that innocuous Mos Espa reference was a foreshadowing clue planted long before that location would eventually become relevant in BoBF? And maybe Calican telling Din that she used to work for the Hutts was another hidden clue of where her allegiance/employment might still be.

Plus, there'd be solid story logic to support this. If the Hutts have lost their power and want it back, they'd have to go up against the Pykes. But not only are the Pykes working in partnership with the mayor, they were also perhaps the ones who had been propping up Bib Fortuna. So, declaring war against the Pykes is something the Hutts can't afford to do in their name if there's any chance of losing. Which means: what better way than to have Fett unwittingly fight that war *for* them after Fennec notifies the Hutts of his intentions?

Here's the dumb/curious plot elements so far that I think this could help improve:

• Fennec agreeing to help Boba after he offered her freedom would seem more calculated rather than oddly arbitrary.
  • Krrsantan's pathetic "assassination" attempt *that involved no lethal weapons* could've been staged that way all along just to bring the "apology gift" Rancor for Fett to bond with.
  • Krrsantan conveniently standing on the trap door and Fennec tossing a knife at his knuckles rather than shooting him (btw, in the comics his knuckles have been reinforced with metal) would be less ridiculous.
  • Fennec telling Boba that Nikto bikers couldn't have killed his Tuskens would have a more worthy and personal payoff.
  • Fennec telling Boba that he can't kill the Hutts without getting permission would have an extra layer of intrigue and purpose.
There's a lot to be gained. I get why some would hate to see it happen, but I like the idea of Fennec as a villain, and I love how much it would fix for me.
Tusken slaughter could definitely be used to manipulate Fett and set him on a war path against the wrong group.

Holy crap can you imagine if the Jabba’s had Fennec murder the Tusken’s :horror

Tusken slaughter could definitely be used to manipulate Fett and set him on a war path against the wrong group.

Holy crap can you imagine if the Jabba’s had Fennec murder the Tusken’s :horror
:horror :panic:

Does the timeline check out? Did the Tusken slaughter occur before the lame kid shot Fennec in the stomach?

Ming-Na did say that the finale would change our perception of the whole show...

Does the timeline check out? Did the Tusken slaughter occur before the lame kid shot Fennec in the stomach?

Ming-Na did say that the finale would change our perception of the whole show...
Fennec was probably on Tatooine when the Tuskens were slaughtered, and therefore could've easily been involved if they choose to go there.

She was obviously still connected to the underworld since she's the one who told Calican about Mando having battled the hunter guild over a child. How and why would she know this? Why not have it be because she was still working for the Hutts and thereby connected to the underworld happenings?

Another thing I'd like about a Fennec reveal like this is that the Hutts could be in charge of Jabba's territory again if the Pykes get removed from the picture there. I love how unique Hutts are, and I want to see more of them than just the bizarre appearances so far. Plus, having Hutts back where Jabba used to be would also free up Fett for the Mandalore storyline or eventually the Mando vs. Fett battle that you want.

the Mando vs. Fett battle that you want.
I definitely wanted it prior to BOBF but now he's such a doofus (in sharp contrast to them confirming that Mando is still at the top of his game) that if they fought each other now Mando would come off looking like a punk for "punching down" on the special needs daimyo, lol. Fett would need one hell of an upgrade back to Tython levels for that showdown to play out with proper satisfaction.

Yeah? So there's a chance we're all wrong, and this is the single greatest entry into the world of SW and a big fakeout with all the *&^# writing?:nana:

Tho was thinking in theory, aside from however old Boba is supposed to be, IMO he comes off as senior to Din D'jarin in age. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to have evolved Fett into some sort of badass godfather who does jobs for friends time to time.
Except the execution blows. :pfft:

Last edited:
Back