The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was another classic post from ajp.

I mean I get what Xipotec was saying about the pile-on so typical of Star Wars fandom these days, there's no doubt we've been doing that. Unfortunately I think it's justified in this case....
Nothing wrong with stating illogical events/character choices. Problem is to criticize the critics then not offer any reasoning for the defense of the show. I see it plenty.

I still can't believe Fennec was the one that killed the sarlacc, the monster that haunted Boba Fett's legacy for nearly forty years. Who wrote this show?

I never thought about Boba Fett returning to the sarlacc pit and blowing it up because it was too on the nose fanservice, but if you're going to do it, then the former VICTIM should be the one to exact revenge, not the newly introduced sidekick. It'd be like Robin killing Joe Chill instead of Batman, if Batman were ok with killing.

It's yet another moment where Boba is emasculated, while the stronger, smarter, more capable female hero finds the Slave 1, kills most of the bad guys, and kills the monster that ruined Boba Fett's legacy. And the only thing that our short, stocky, slow-witted, bald hero could muster was, "Don't touch my buttons again." That's not the only thing she's not going to touch that belongs to you buddy. What a f*****g cuck. I hope he dies in the last episode and Fennec takes over.

:clap This is fantastic also :clap

I still can't believe Fennec was the one that killed the sarlacc, the monster that haunted Boba Fett's legacy for nearly forty years. Who wrote this show?

I never thought about Boba Fett returning to the sarlacc pit and blowing it up because it was too on the nose fanservice, but if you're going to do it, then the former VICTIM should be the one to exact revenge, not the newly introduced sidekick. It'd be like Robin killing Joe Chill instead of Batman, if Batman were ok with killing.

It's yet another moment where Boba is emasculated, while the stronger, smarter, more capable female hero finds the Slave 1, kills most of the bad guys, and kills the monster that ruined Boba Fett's legacy. And the only thing that our short, stocky, slow-witted, bald hero could muster was, "Don't touch my buttons again." That's not the only thing she's not going to touch that belongs to you buddy. What a f*****g cuck. I hope he dies in the last episode and Fennec takes over.
Fennec:
  • Killed all of Bib Fortunas guards, allowing Boba to steal his throne
  • Killed all of Bib Fortunas guards, allowing Boba to reclaim his ship
  • Captured the assassin
  • Stopped Black Krrsantan
  • Gave almost his entire sales pitch for him at the mob meeting
  • Knows that hired muscle is a thing, when Boba does not, despite Boba previously being hired muscle
Boba:
  • He’s good with animals, I guess?
  • Black melon milk addict

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to eventually ending his arc by turning him into the good guy anti-hero, but only *after* OG Fett got plenty of screen time being OG Fett. Instead, they bypassed that guy and went straight to the nicer guy version.

Ajp said the above and I absolutely agree. Related to that.....

Anyone now thinking Mando should have been revealed to be Fett?
Yes. I said it after the first or second episode. Mando was more believable as a continuation of the OT Boba Fett, especially the way he wasted the jawa's who were ransacking his ship. With that alone there felt like there was a consistent through-line from OT Boba into this guy which was then believably reshaped by Grogu. There was an arc into what he later became.

Actual Boba Fett has seemed to skip that arc, he's been a good and decent man right from the off - with exception of him wordlessly killing Bib Fortuna - but that act now just comes across as bizarre in the broader context of everything he has done since.

Ajp said the above and I absolutely agree. Related to that.....

Yes. I said it after the first or second episode. Mando was more believable as a continuation of the OT Boba Fett, especially the way he wasted the jawa's who were ransacking his ship. With that alone there felt like there was a consistent through-line from OT Boba into this guy which was then believably reshaped by Grogu. There was an arc into what he later became.

Actual Boba Fett has seemed to skip that arc, he's been a good and decent man right from the off - with exception of him wordlessly killing Bib Fortuna - but that act now just comes across as bizarre in the broader context of everything he has done since.
You sir won a

SAVAGE
TRUTH
SAVAGE
TRUTH

Fennec:
  • Captured the assassin
  • Stopped Black Krroisant
  • Knows that hired muscle is a thing, when Boba does not, despite Boba previously being hired muscle
Boba:
  • Chased a robo-bunny!
  • 61x8ez.gif

Last edited:
He was going right back into the sarlaac had it not been for the sexy asian it was ROTJ all over again lol

We haven't made a big enough deal about this. Why does this freaking idiot think his armor is in the sarlaac pit? This has to be Pablo Hidalgo's butthurt revenge for not being told about Luke's appearance in Mando. "I'll show those Cis neckbeards to mess with Twitter, Boba Fett will be the biggest moron in the galaxy...".

I can't help but be curious as to what the current generation of kids thinks about this current Fett so I decided to take an informal poll with my son (age 12.) I casually asked him a few questions just to see what he'd say:

1. Do you like Boba Fett? Do you think he's cool?

Yes

2. What do you like about him?

I think it's cool that he's in so many eras of SW (OT/PT/Mando/BOBF) and that he's a clone who wears Mandalorian armor.

3. Who do you like better, Jango or Boba?

Boba because we know so much more about him.

4. If Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Din Djarin, and Cad Bane were all in their prime and facing off against each other in a cemetery like at the end of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (we both just watched this again recently) who do you think would go down first? Who would be the last man standing?

Cad Bane goes down first because he has no Beskar. Not sure on who remains, too close to say.

5. If all four bounty hunters were hunting you who'd you be the most worried about?

Cad Bane because he seems the most evil.

6. If you had to pick one of the four bounty hunters to keep you alive who'd you choose?

Din Djarin since he did such a good job with Grogu.

7. Who do you think would do the best against a squad of Stormtroopers?

(laughing) Definitely Boba Fett

8. If you were a SW character and had to hire a bounty hunter to go get someone who would be your first choice?

Din Djarin since he has all the weapons of Boba and Jango plus the Beskar spear and Darksaber.

8. Who do you think looks the coolest?

Jango because of his blue and silver armor

Honestly I was pretty relieved at his answers, lol. I was totally prepared for Fett to be a distant fourth in coolness to the other three and that I'd be tempted to give him the "in my day this is why we all thought Fett was cool" speech. :lol But I'm just glad that he genuinely likes the character and thinks he's on the same level as any other major bounty hunter in Star Wars, even if he thinks one or more of them my edge him out for certain tasks.
You do realize that ALL of his answers would have been Din Djarin but he didn’t want to see his dad cry. :wink1:

I felt bad for the Trandoshan.

He did nothing wrong and ended up getting his armed ripped off. If he survives, which is unlikely, he'll live the rest of his miserable life with a fake arm.

And why? For what?

For those that don't read the comics (me) and had no idea about this species antagonism.
An on screen hint for the impending Chocolate Kroissant vs Trandoshan beat-down was:

61xboo.gif

Is what lead to

61xcfu.gif

Last edited:
Fennec:
  • Captured the assassin
  • Stopped Black Krrsantan
Boba:
  • He’s good with animals, I guess?
  • Black melon milk addict

Don’t forget Fennec was the one who killed the Sarlacc too.

Boba put the Slave 1 over the pit and realized he couldn’t see anything:lol

Back