The best likeness ever in 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsc0762d.jpg

Looks like Valfar.

I’ll have to join the chorus of praise for Hot Toys’ work in the “best likeness” category. Though my favorite would be young William, here. Orlando Bloom is a damn hard likeness to capture and I think our pals in the east did a bang-up job.

a568ac5b2de2590b85e1a0da7140d9fc_raw-1.jpg

^^^

Honestly that is one of the greatest poses I have ever seen!!!

Bravo!

And yes that is an excellent likeness.

P.S. Where did that chair come from?

that jack sparrow is not quite there yet. ht's cannibal version got it beat(was that by kojun as well?).

for me, the best is still BR joker. it's the first ht fig that got my attention (and finally got me to start collecting ht).

^^^

Honestly that is one of the greatest poses I have ever seen!!!

Bravo!

And yes that is an excellent likeness.

P.S. Where did that chair come from?

Sorry I can’t help with the chair origins. That awesome image came from a Japanese collecting board that I once stumbled upon and have since lost the url :doh (Please pardon the lack of photo credit on your excellent work, nameless collector-san!)

that jack sparrow is amazing, will turner was one of my favs as well but with every new HT release he's not as great as I thought before.

that jack sparrow is not quite there yet. ht's cannibal version got it beat(was that by kojun as well?).

I agree. Hopefully with Pirates 4 coming, if they use Kojun to sculpt Jack, I hope his skills and level have improved. He did a great job on Connor but failed with Wolverine. From memory, Yulli sculpted the cannibal Jack.

I agree. Hopefully with Pirates 4 coming, if they use Kojun to sculpt Jack, I hope his skills and level have improved. He did a great job on Connor but failed with Wolverine. From memory, Yulli sculpted the cannibal Jack.

i was wondering about the Wolvie sculpt. was thinking maybe HT was still making some sculpt just slightly off as to avoid licensing issues. they don't do that anymore? that was just a miss huh

I'm not saying you are wrong to have that opinion, but I disagree with it.

Kojun isn't always perfect! He suprvised Young for the Snipes headsculpt, and I think it's one of the weakest likeness ever produced by HT. Wolvie is dead on in comparison! :D

Seriously... I love the Snipes portrait, I'd go so far as to say it's one of my recent favourites. But I guess we all see different characteristics in a sculpt in our own interpretive ways, it's why this kind of debate goes on.

I'm not saying you are wrong to have that opinion, but I disagree with it.

What an extraordinary response. Tells me all I need to know as to why you disagree or what you have to say to back up your opinion. I have The Ween on my side. That's about all I need. That brings it to two against one.

Face recognition is an inherited ability. Someone ought to start a poll. An opinion poll. The problem is, would it tell who has, what could be deemed a popular opinion, or would it divulge who has a genetic disorder.

All eyes looking at the same face will register the same raw facts, but brains integrate the data differently. Just because of personal subconscious values, different emphasis will fall on different datum. Some things will stand out more than others, so there can be inaccuracies in recollection; memory can be biased.

But, any individual face is of specific measurements at any given moment in time. It is the object of the specific volume that the eyes and spatial centers of the brain identify it as, independently of any help from the subconscious. If people can't do that, I'd say something's broken.

I know that none of us have it in hand yet, but the HT Lt. Aldo Raine looks really good...

Back