The Best and Worst Video Game to Film Adaptations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Square was so dumb, they invested almost everything into that non-Final Fantasy movie thinking everyone would love it. Truth is, because of that and its massive failure, Square almost went bankrupt until they merged with Enix.

Yeah, I hate that some companies that have a successful brand will just slap that brand onto ANYTHING they damn well choose.

To me that's very deceiving and shady. And that comes from someone that thought the film was decent enough. But it was NO Final Fantasy!

I thought Tekken sucked pretty bad. I dont understand why its so hard to make a good movie adaptation of a fighting game. They key part is the fight choreography, and the fights always suck. Give us a straight up, brutal martial arts movie, approach it like Game of Death.

Hitman suffered for me because it tried to be too faithful to the games. I lost it when the clones were in disguise in the train station and pulled swords out of their pants. The general assassination plot and the Interpol agent on the trail of 47 were solid story threads. It was close to being good.

Just like the games? :lol

I love the series, but both are a mess! So if the movies where a carbon copy of the games who would be the main character? Jill? Leon? Chris? Claire?

:dunno resident evil doesn't really have a MAIN character.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

I'd actually like to see it mostly from Jills viewpoint, it would be cool to have them skip around though and show a bit of everybody's experiences.

And I 100% agree with SF2, one of the best.

Hitman suffered for me because it tried to be too faithful to the games. I lost it when the clones were in disguise in the train station and pulled swords out of their pants. The general assassination plot and the Interpol agent on the trail of 47 were solid story threads. It was close to being good.

I feel Hitman is one of the best game movies out there. The soundtrack is also one of the better ones besidesthe Mortal Kombat soundtracks.

How have any of you not mentioned the abysmal King of Fighters movie? This is probably the worst VG to movie adaptation I've ever seen, even worse than Mario Bros, Legend of Chun-Li, and all the RE movies combined...almost as bad as House of the Dead :Flush

The-King-of-Fighters-2010-movie-poster.jpg

I may just watch for Maggie Q. It looks really bad though... :rotfl

"The FP" was kinda based on a videogame (dance dance revolution I think) and that movie was friggin awesome!!!

Back