The Best and Worst Video Game to Film Adaptations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Henry Morgan said:
You reminded me that I saw that movie, I wish I could forget again... terrible just terrible, there are no words to describe...

I was so looking forward to that movie, as I was/am a HUGE max payne fan of the first two games...and anyone who played those first two games knows there was TONS of great story there to fill a movie...instead they took (i think) parts of the first one and the end of the 2nd one to make that "movie." Luckily rockstar made max payne 3 and Ive slowly moved on...nothing though will make up for me telling everyone OMG this movie is gonna be great...and then i fall asleep during my first viewing of it after realizing what a POS movie it is....I actually like the RE movies and at least they try for those complaining...max payne's best part was mila kunis and the closing credits.

:exactly:

I can't even stomach them.

:goodpost::exactly::lol I'm sarting to feel pity for those movies

I was so looking forward to that movie, as I was/am a HUGE max payne fan of the first two games...and anyone who played those first two games knows there was TONS of great story there to fill a movie...instead they took (i think) parts of the first one and the end of the 2nd one to make that "movie." Luckily rockstar made max payne 3 and Ive slowly moved on...nothing though will make up for me telling everyone OMG this movie is gonna be great...and then i fall asleep during my first viewing of it after realizing what a POS movie it is....I actually like the RE movies and at least they try for those complaining...max payne's best part was mila kunis and the closing credits.

Agreed, but not on the RE movies, the got worse, RE4 was an improvement but the last movie is terrible it seems it was made by an amateur and Paul anderson is not THAT bad... maybe he was drunk during production :dunno

If they made a movie about MP:3, that would be interesting. Can see that being awesome if they stuck to storyline.

Bruce+Willis-Billy+Joel.jpg

only person i can see playing max payne right. The voice, attitude and since max shaves his hair, they were almost identical in three.

max-payne-3-pc-1338565253-193.jpg

I couldn't stop thinking about their similarity while I was playing. Hartigan from sin city is kinda what it should be like imo.

Last edited:

only person i can see playing max payne right. The voice, attitude and since max shaves his hair, they were almost identical in three.

I couldn't stop thinking about their similarity while I was playing. Hartigan from sin city is kinda what it should be like imo.

I never thought of Willis, but that would be a great choice.

The Metal Gear Solid movie is scary to think about. :panic:

I disagree Willis is washed up get someone else.

final fantasy VII Advent children is one of the best out there...

The worst has to be:

House of the Dead (this was so bad I was pissed off that it wasted 90 minutes of my life which I will never get back). Uwe Boll is one of the worst Directors ever.

The King of Fighters
Street Fighter
Alone in the Dark (another god awful Uwe Boll movie)
Super Mario Bros
Bloodrayne 2 & 3 (surprise surprise another crap movie by Uwe Boll).
Postal (2nd worst movie ever by Uwe Boll).

Last edited:
RE1 "My name is Alice."
RE2 "My name is Alice."
RE3 "My name is Alice."
RE4 "My name is Alice."
RE5 "My name is Alice."
RE6 "My name is Alice."

All the stories in a nutshell, Alice is stupid.

Alice is a **** character and capcom knows it but are to stupid to say throw the ***** out and give the people a reboot. They won't put her in the games because capcom knows that will be the final nail in the coffin for the re franchise because it would be just another hack and slash zombie game. They put aspects of her character in jake muller and he turned out to be ****tier than Alice.

Heavy Rain doesn't really need a film but TLOU would be a great idea.

I dunno man, it would be really hard to recreate a world being reclaimed by nature. I am Legend already did a truly phenomenal job doing the exact same thing. Did you know they actually had to clear out parts of NYC and dressed areas up with foliage? What a great movie, despite being far from the source material.

Posting to say Alice is boring.

Amazing how the RE movies are still in production for over a decade yet Alice has the personality of a brick.

Milla IS the face of the Resident Evil universe. Not Leon, Chris, Jill... Etc.

She's making money for both Capcom and Sony. Anyway, those other crappy movies based on video games wished they made that much money. Alice will forever be stuck to the RE name.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

House of the dead is not a movie. It's literally **** that was taken and smeared onto film cells and ran through a projector... Which they then proceeded to film with a baked potato.

House of the Dead movie is a masterpiece! Deserved an Oscar. Better than the POS, overrated Avengers.

She's making money for both Capcom and Sony. Anyway, those other crappy movies based on video games wished they made that much money. Alice will forever be stuck to the RE name.

Hate to break it to you but Leon is the face of RE. Everything I see re it's Leon.
So what if they make money? Justin bieber makes millions and he sucks. Quality vs quantity . The animated re movies are better. Sorry. Sometimes I swear your milla jovovich or something.
Alice is a forgettable and **** character. Leon is what the fanbase wants.

Milla is the face of RE if you haven't grown up with the games for Playstation; and I feel sorry for those people. Not trying to knock your fav movies or anything.

Hate to break it to you but Leon is the face of RE. Everything I see re it's Leon.
So what if they make money? Justin bieber makes millions and he sucks. Quality vs quantity . The animated re movies are better. Sorry. Sometimes I swear your milla jovovich or something.
Alice is a forgettable and **** character. Leon is what the fanbase wants.

Well for gamers they know Leon. People who don't play the games they know Milla and Alice. So I guess it depends... RE is a big franchise and Milla being the face of the Milla does help bring in the money. Unless they hired a big star to play Leon and him being the main star on the movie franchise. They basically focused on one character. Milla was going to play Jill but yout beloved Capcom said no. Paul had to change the script. He wasn't allowed to use any characters from the game. So blame Capcom. Not Paul or Milla.

Some of you take the term "based on" too seriously. Half the movies out there are "Based on a true Story" ...... Doesn't mean they are closely based..... So "based on" can also mean loosely based.

O but I do blame Paul and milla. I know the history but that still doesn't escape the fact that the movie franchise was inspired by mister Paul snorting to many lines of crack. Being inconsistent with every movie, throwing in countless plot holes , making Alice an op character.

Milla's cool and everything but it feels like she needs these movies to stay relevant or something. Just keep churning out **** so that she can be in a movie. All in all the movies have good points and the first one was very well done but they still suck ***. And Paul is a horrible director and milla's acting is horrendous.

Ps I hate capcom.

Back