The Best and Worst Video Game to Film Adaptations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Sure there is a lot of bad ones that have been made but there is a few that are good and are close to the source material.

BEST

2627ddi.jpg

35lc9oy.jpg

1zq65o1.jpg

WORST

Without a doubt the worst I've seen thus far.

3346zhd.jpg

And as a whole I hate this entire franchise.

Last edited:
Re: Your Favorite Video Game to Film Adaptations

Silent Hill. Hands down.

Say what you want about the movie, but no other videogame adaptation is this faithful without butchering the source material. Sure, there are tweaks here and there, but the general feel of a Silent Hill game is omnipresent.

Well there was...um...and then there was...uh...and what about...oh. Nope, I've got nothing.

Silent Hill. Hands down.

Say what you want about the movie, but no other videogame adaptation is this faithful without butchering the source material. Sure, there are tweaks here and there, but the general feel of a Silent Hill game is omnipresent.

Absogoddamnloutely one of the best. :duff

Changed the title so it's reflects the Best and Worst so please pose the REALLY bad ones too :lol

The ****ty resident evil franchise is awful. CGi RE movies are better. Tomb raider was a good video game movie.

Can't really touch SF II: The Animated Movie. Movie is so dang good. It also got me into KMFDM which is still one of my favourite bands all these years later.

Sorta funny how that first Mortal Kombat ended up being so good, and then Annihilation ended up being complete garbage.

The ****ty resident evil franchise is awful. CGi RE movies are better.

Resident Evil: Damnation put every live action RE movie to shame.

Tomb raider was a good video game movie.

I haven't seen both Tomb Raider movies despite being a huge fan of the series! I have no idea what to expect.

Changed the title so it's reflects the Best and Worst so please pose the REALLY bad ones too :lol

Anything by Uwe Boll. Hands down.

Also this, didn't start off as a game but still a live adaptation gone horribly wrong

hw0u.jpg

At least when I look back on Street Fighter Live Action, I can laugh a bit. Guile the All-American with an accent, Ryu who ended up being Chinese, Honda who ended up being Samoan and Ken with short hair... Didn't even dare touch that monstrosity DB:E.

Hitman was great though a lot of people think otherwise.
Also the worst has to be doom.
I honestly didn't mind Doom. Some of it was hokey, like the first person shooter view but I thought it was worth the rental fee.

ETA I just love surfing the web at work. Due to filters I can't see 3/4 of the pictures that are posted.:gah:

Back