The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

One time I went to Disneyland and there was a grumpy old man sitting there all alone on a bench just reading a newspaper and refusing to have any fun. You remind me of that guy.

perhaps that old man was used to a higher caliber theme park such as Magic Mountain... maybe the overbearing simplicity of "It's A Small World" just wasn't floating his boat?

Big bag of weed, Legolas and Hulk vs Loki made me lol pretty hard.

Void, how can you not remeber bag of weed?

How do you keep calm banner? :lol

Completely missed it

Must have been messaging jyecat the 'i's at Avengers, maxing your jelousy' wallpost at that point in time :rotfl :lol

that was one of the dumbest things i've heard on this board...

:lecture :exactly:

One time I went to Disneyland and there was a grumpy old man sitting there all alone on a bench just reading a newspaper and refusing to have any fun. You remind me of that guy.

:goodpost:

Reading over everyone's reviews, Sunday cannot come fast enough for my second viewing. Was going to go Saturday but none of the times were working out for us. So Sunday night it is.

Last edited:

i thought the film was painfully one dimensional... i hesitate to use the word "film"... The Dark Knight was a "film"... this was a typical Marvel cookies cutter cartoon. as a long term comic book fan, i know these characters deserve more.
352ro07.jpg

that was one of the dumbest things i've heard on this board...

:lecture

i thought the film was painfully one dimensional... i hesitate to use the word "film"... The Dark Knight was a "film"... this was a typical Marvel cookies cutter cartoon. as a long term comic book fan, i know these characters deserve more.

Good luck with that post on this forum. I haven't been in this thread too much due to spoilers. However the majority probably say "epic" or "best film ever made period". :lol

I will go see it tomorrow. While I doubt it is epic or the best movie I'm sure I will enjoy it. That's all I expect.

It is a very enjoyable movie. If you liked the comics as a kid or still today, you will absolutely love this movie. One of the most entertaining, feel good movies I have ever seen. This one demands multiple viewings to catch all the action and snappy dialog.

8/10

Movie was good, I enjoyed it. Prolly the 2nd best Marvel movie behind Iron Man. It has some good humor.

Loki, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man were awesome and worth the watch, everyone else, not so much. Well, I did like watching Black Widows ass when she was talkikng to Loki.

Loki was awesome. HULK not even giving Loki time to finish his God speech before mopping the floor was hilarious.

RDJ has Stark down. He is a riot. If they ever reboot with someone else they should just go straight to hell and forced to watch Ghost Rider for eternity.

My eyes did roll out of my skull after they ripped off the ending to The Phantom Menace by destroying the mother ship and the robots instantly shut down. So lame.

Hawkeye was also pointless and boring.

Oh well. Might see it again.

Bring on The Dark Knight Rises. :yess:

I give it a 9.9/10

Simply well done, especially considering the amount of chacters that were involved. Heavy hitters at that. Loved how they fleshed out Widow and Hawkeye without detracting from the overall movie.

I plan on seeing this at least two more times before it leaves the theater. Last movie I did that to was TDK and this is a much more enjoyable film than that to me.

I give it a 9.9/10

Simply well done, especially considering the amount of chacters that were involved. Heavy hitters at that. Loved how they fleshed out Widow and Hawkeye without detracting from the overall movie.

I plan on seeing this at least two more times before it leaves the theater. Last movie I did that to was TDK and this is a much more enjoyable film than that to me.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
:exactly::exactly::exactly:
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I don't recall the point break or bag of weed but yeah I missed the galaga and boot/ant :lol

Maybe I need to see it a 3rd time

:yess:

Completely missed it

Must have been messaging jyecat the 'i's at Avengers, maxing your jelousy' wallpost at that point in time :rotfl :lol

Folks here are like, who's jyecat. :lol

Point Break, I loved that reference. :lol I think it went over the head of the rest of the audience.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

HULK is the ____!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Just saw it. Awesome. Overmet expectations. Too many good moments.

"...courting death...."

10000 Hulk punches/100 repulsor blasts.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Regarding why Hulk attacked Black Widow and the rest of the Avengers: Banner was being manipulated by Loki through that spear staff. That's why when they were all arguing, Banner had it in his hand. So when Banner hulked out, he still had that anger inside him towards the rest of the team. He was a team player in the end since he wasn't being manipulated.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah i think i screamed like a girl and everyone around me including my girl were like wtf

Back