The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, they've got Mary Jane lined up for the sequel, but still no news on JJJ? :dunno

No it doesnt. Looks worse than that and before you say "Omgz your such an ASM fanboy" I hated the lizard design in the webb movie. That concept art is bad point blank period.

SONY pictures owns those designs. If anyone here really thinks that it's 'just coincidence' that the old SMII Lizard and the new ASM Lizard look practically identical, they are seriously and sadly deluding themselves.

Doesn't look the same to me. ASM Lizard is bigger and bulkier than those slender concept ones, plus his head and length of his neck are completely different.

But there's only a certain number of ways to do a human/lizard hybrid, there's bound to be similarities

It's a tremendous crutch for an artist if they already know what their client likes. "We had this design we didn't use on Spiderman 2. We thought it was spiffy" So the ASM design winds up borrowing some of it's character.

They could've with a Mcfarlane Lizard with the large jaws and the drool and all that, or the goofy rounded tail like he used to have. I don't think it's a matter of "only a certain number of ways..." IMHO there's a clear influence.

That concept art is dated 2010. They were still throwing around the 'Spiderman 4 with Raimi/Maguire' at that time because they were still pushing heavily for a 2011 release date.

That scene might have the original costume in it because that was from possible scenes from SM4 and not ASM. If it really was from ASM, why go to so much trouble producing such beautiful art work and get the costume totally and completely wrong in every frame of it?

That would've made such a cool scene. shame it wans't in the film.

That concept art is dated 2010. They were still throwing around the 'Spiderman 4 with Raimi/Maguire' at that time because they were still pushing heavily for a 2011 release date.

Lizard wasn't going to be in SM4, it was going to be Vultress or some such non-sense.

If it really was from ASM, why go to so much trouble producing such beautiful art work and get the costume totally and completely wrong in every frame of it?

Hadn't settled on the final costume at the time of drawing :dunno

That scene might have the original costume in it because that was from possible scenes from SM4 and not ASM. If it really was from ASM, why go to so much trouble producing such beautiful art work and get the costume totally and completely wrong in every frame of it?

spideynizzi6.jpg

I don't think it was for SM4. :huh

Have any of you read the spiderman : doom. Where the lizard is being controlled by a witch and goes on a feral rampage through the city ? Spiderman gets his *** kicked and poisoned by his claws. Not to mention lizard is straight frightening in the story. There battle at the end was crazy and spiderman was so drawn into a corner he was forced to supposedly kill him. I wish they would of made the lizard more like that. Becuase the more he stays as a lizard the more feral he becomes.

That's spiderman: torment. One of the first spiderman comics I read when I was a kid. Agree though, cool story and the lizard was badass in that story. Really vicious.

Back