The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap Forgot about Foxx as Electro. Yeah, the sequel is gonna have some Olympic ****ing hurdles to jump. :lol

That's one way of putting it. I'd class it as "an Alpine challenge," definitely.

Its cool they're going to clone GG or whatever. I think they should cast Paris Hilton as the GG clone - it doesn't matter in the end, right? AnyONE can be anyTHING. Maybe Paris could be Morbius! This is an excellent idea, I need to become a casting agent ASAP. Maybe Morbius can glitter when exposed to sunlight, too.

*Gives the Matterhorn a cynical side eye* ok, sequel. There's your challenge; get climbing. I decline to bet on your chances of success, since you are tackling the challenge with THE WRONG EQUIPMENT. You got no pickaxes, ropes, parkas, pitons or any of that stuff, but go on with your bad movie self. LOL

I just hope they don't feel the need to tie every villain to Richard Parker somehow. I don't know what Electro's film origin will be, but I suspect they will tie it to Oscorp somehow. At Oscorp all roads lead to Pete's dad.

I think I remember reading somewhere - dont remember where - that Electro's origin is now that he's an extreme fan of Spider-man, almost to the point of stalking. And he's a scientist now, or some such crap.

If you change the origin of the character, you change how he looks, take his costume away and change his personality.... just give him a new name, bacause we're not talking about the same person. 616 Dillon is in no way, shape or form a former Spider-man fan. This is all just so stupid.

Wait, scratch the scientist thing. Here's a link

https://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/18/jamie-foxx-electro-origin-amazing-spider-man-movie-sequel/

:facepalm:

"Changing character origins can often be a point of contention for fans, but Electro's beginnings are hardly revered by long time Marvel devotees[...]"

O reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Last edited:
Are their rumors that Spider-Man is going to fight Morbius? That would drop my expectations for the sequel considerably.

Nope. His role is less than one page of script. Just a cameo basically.

So the why put the actor Michael Massee appearing and disappearing in a flash of lightning, in the post movie sequence, If Jamie Foxx is playing the role in ASM-II?

They hadn't casted the role for the sequel yet :dunno

I think I remember reading somewhere - dont remember where - that Electro's origin is now that he's an extreme fan of Spider-man, almost to the point of stalking. And he's a scientist now, or some such crap.

If you change the origin of the character, you change how he looks, take his costume away and change his personality.... just give him a new name, bacause we're not talking about the same person. 616 Dillon is in no way, shape or form a former Spider-man fan. This is all just so stupid.

Wait, scratch the scientist thing. Here's a link

https://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/18/jamie-foxx-electro-origin-amazing-spider-man-movie-sequel/

:facepalm:

"Changing character origins can often be a point of contention for fans, but Electro's beginnings are hardly revered by long time Marvel devotees[...]"

O reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

They got the loner premise from the cgi MTV spiderman show.

They got the loner premise from the cgi MTV spiderman show.

I have no problem with him being a loner, because he's always been a loner. The problem is/are all the other crap they're foisting on him, beginning with casting against type.

Its ok, films that stray too far from canon for centerpiece characters tend not to do that well - remember CINO, aka Catwoman-in-name-only aka the Catwoman film with Halle Berry? That movie self-destructed faster than a nuclear warhead fresh out of a bomb-bay somewheres.

I doubt this film right here will tank that badly, but as it is already facing the aforementioned Alpine Challenges, this sort of thing is not very helpful.

Yea enough with this scientist turned sympathetic ****. One thing batman does right is make the villains bad Becuase they just want to be bad.

Could be a wild shot, but all this 'oscorp making villains'.....Lizard. Electro.... why not Scorpion, Doc Ock and Rhino. Led by Normal Osbourne as the Green Goblin; Sinister six.

Could be a wild shot, but all this 'oscorp making villains'.....Lizard. Electro.... why not Scorpion, Doc Ock and Rhino. Led by Normal Osbourne as the Green Goblin; Sinister six.

Actually, that could work quite well, if you are a fan of PP being a 'product' of Oscorp too. Humano-Genetic bonding to all different types of animals, a lizard, an eel, a scorpion, an octopus (yes...I know, just run with it though), a rhinoceros and...a spider.

Because apparently they only want lame villains. Scorpion would probably be redesigned as Skunk Man (they'd keep only the dangerous tail aspect), Doc Ock would become a crab (they have 8 legs too) and Rhino would become Armadillo and roll around Manhattan. Hey, origins and character design are unimportant in this film's universe, right? :huh

Actually, that could work quite well, if you are a fan of PP being a 'product' of Oscorp too. Humano-Genetic bonding to all different types of animals, a lizard, an eel, a scorpion, an octopus (yes...I know, just run with it though), a rhinoceros and...a spider.

Thats the story of the game. Spidey is mopping up cross-species escapees like Rhino and Scorpion and him being hunted aalong with them both by spider slayers.

Its fun for the game but would be boring for the movies to have all the villains essentially the same.

lol I never played the game either but. It could work in the film really.

Though id much rather just have Hobgoblin, Venom, Kraven and Carnage as villains. Mysterio could be really cool to, altering spidermans perception, mind/reality manipulation.

Would be cool if Mysterio tricks peter into thinking Gwens death is a dream and she is still alive, only to torture peter when reality strikes. Could fake having the 'ghosts' of Gwen, Cap'n stacey and uncle Ben come back. And his parents too.

lol I never played the game either but. It could work in the film really.

Though id much rather just have Hobgoblin, Venom, Kraven and Carnage as villains. Mysterio could be really cool to, altering spidermans perception, mind/reality manipulation.

Would be cool if Mysterio tricks peter into thinking Gwens death is a dream and she is still alive, only to torture peter when reality strikes. Could fake having the 'ghosts' of Gwen, Cap'n stacey and uncle Ben come back. And his parents too.

I love tht idea for Mysterio :clap

Back